Sideshow 1/6 R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Soooo... No one's mentioned the chip out of the plastic on the blue band directly under the seam on the left side yet... Anyone recall seeing this on other photos?

Any more requests?

Yeah, who are you sleeping with at Sideshow?

I can't believe you got this in-hand before they even started charging. I have to admit, I thought you were fooling around. But damn, man -- you got it! Congratulations! Sorry I was razzing you.

And thank you for all the great pictures, and for taking the time to answer questions.

Repped.

945dfb6586fd55da000113a0935635d7.jpg

R2 and his little Hasbro brother.

Thanks for all the pics man! This one especially speaks a thousand words to anyone that might have had any doubts in SSC's R2. Very cool, now where's mine??? lol

Figure looks great and $150 seems to be priced out as “value” in today’s market. But then again $150 applied to another HT license might be of better value? (ie. Ripley – whenever she is released). I guess I will wait for more reviews to decide.

Basically I would love to have this, but would I love to use $150 for something else?

I should change my name to “TIGHT WALLET”!!

Jesus. You slate me for whining and then basically agree with me.

No, my complaint about whining was a general statement about the board as a whole. You've been around long enough to know how the general climate has changed over the years.

You, in turn, took it as a direct attack on your person and replied to me. That was when I replied to you, as you have been combative and argumentative over the past week in this thread.... And yes, I do understand where you're coming from regarding the weight. Those are two very separate things.

No, my complaint about whining was a general statement about the board as a whole. You've been around long enough to know how the general climate has changed over the years.

You, in turn, took it as a direct attack on your person and replied to me. That was when I replied to you, as you have been combative and argumentative over the past week in this thread.... And yes, I do understand where you're coming from regarding the weight. Those are two very separate things.

Well, not really, other than responding to people who called me a liar. But let's move on.

PixelPiper, I would not have wanted that Polystone R2! I can't stand statues, I like a figure I can repose every time I walk past it.

BTW J14, have you managed to make the sensorscope things inside the dome stand up yet fully extended?

Nope not really, I'm afraid to tug too much on them incase I snap them.

You can extend them all the way out without worrying, they just won't stay there (unless there's some way of making them stay upright I'm not aware of).

Well, not really, other than responding to people who called me a liar. But let's move on.

PixelPiper, I would not have wanted that Polystone R2! I can't stand statues, I like a figure I can repose every time I walk past it.

BTW J14, have you managed to make the sensorscope things inside the dome stand up yet fully extended?

No worries. :) Sucks that you didn't like R2 though... Has there been any word on a Tamashii release? They're obviously making SW figs, so you'd have to wonder why they wouldn't release R2.

Yeah, who are you sleeping with at Sideshow?

I can't believe you got this in-hand before they even started charging. I have to admit, I thought you were fooling around. But damn, man -- you got it! Congratulations! Sorry I was razzing you.

And thank you for all the great pictures, and for taking the time to answer questions.

Repped.

No worries at all. I thought I was getting a bit of a razzing 😂 I'm as surprised as anyone else that I got this before anyone else.

New pics look good.

And CB, I really don't get your posts. You want a figure you can repose every time you walk past him, yet to want him to be solid, full of heft......that's....contradictory:cuckoo:

No worries. :) Sucks that you didn't like R2 though... Has there been any word on a Tamashii release? They're obviously making SW figs, so you'd have to wonder why they wouldn't release R2.

Tamashi cancelled it I think, though I don't know why.

There is a lot to like in this figure, it was just a personal reaction, though I may change my mind and end up buying it again later (done that so many times!).

New pics look good.

And CB, I really don't get your posts. You want a figure you can repose every time you walk past him, yet to want him to be solid, full of heft......that's....contradictory:cuckoo:

Is it? I want it poseable but not too lightweight... is that too much to ask?

I'd love to see an x-ray of this figure though or a blueprint, it is pretty ingenious.

BTW does anyone know if HT have ever fully painted any of their plastic Iron Man figures, or is at least some of the armour always moulded in a particular colour? I haven't owned an IM since the first MkIII and I was wondering.

Back