Sideshow 1/6 R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here you go WG. ☺

0051bf41c6f5080be88c2c1398c61c3e.jpg

These were the only two figures I needed as a kid, plus the Palitoy x-wing... that's a whole afternoon of fun right there.

Thanks for the all awesome pics j14. :hi5:

Hopefully there's an angle we can turn R2's head where the seams don't show up as prominent. They are a tad annoying. What could we do to fix that?

I think I'm the only person that's liking this figure less with the greater amount of photos we're seeing. ;) Oh well, I'm still ordering.

I think I'm the only person that's liking this figure less with the greater amount of photos we're seeing. ;) Oh well, I'm still ordering.

No, you're not. I'm not impressed with the weathering, the blue paint, the chipped paint detail, the middle leg recess depth, or the seams. Oh well, I'm still ordering.

It's cool, if someone else on the forum had something that I didn't have yet I'd want to see the photos asap.
It's my duty as a fellow Freak.
[emoji16]

Thanks for the pics J! :hi5:

Sadly, I got there too in the space of a few hours...I may still get a regular version down the line, locally ...after things settle down...but I turned into a fickle bastard and canceled my Ex *one day* before they were to charge me.

I think it's a great piece but I needed more of a cooling off period and didn't need the rape-y charges incurred through FedEx for exclusive parts I'll photograph like...once. LOL.... I of so little faith.

Is it great? Yes. Do I really need it... Not sure. The paint apps may have lost too much in production for me to spend toy dollars that could finance stormtroopers instead....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly, I got there too in the space of a few hours...I may still get a regular version down the line, locally ...after things settle down...but I turned into a fickle bastard and canceled my Ex *one day* before they were to charge me.

I think it's a great piece but I needed more of a cooling off period and didn't need the rape-y charges incurred through FedEx for exclusive parts I'll photograph like...once. LOL.... I of so little faith.

Is it great? Yes. Do I really need it... Not sure. The paint apps may have lost too much in production for me to spend toy dollars that could finance stormtroopers instead....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great way to put it. If I have a "X" amount of "toy dollars" in a year do I make this purchase.

This is toy heroin - it's impossible not to buy such an iconic and longed-for character (ten years of waiting?) whatever reservations you have, on the off-chance that it will be better in hand - especially if you have the HT Luke. And yes, lots of people will love it.

Sideshow needs to have a hard look at the quality gap between prototype and production.

Sideshow needs to have a hard look at the quality gap between prototype and production.

You wonder what the problem is - is it a language problem, cultural problem, do they have people over in China checking on production? Or is it a problem on the American side? No one could expect Sideshow to be of Hot Toys quality because of Hot Toys geographical and cultural proximity to the factory, but the gap seems a little too wide, and there must be something they can do.

I dunno, I think they just have good proto photographers. The paint was never great, the seam was always there. I'm getting this because there's no other option. But I'm not one of those happy that Tamashii never brought theirs out, shiny dome and all.

You reckon it was that small? In my brain it was the same size as this one. But I'm too lazy to go back and check. To maintain my sense of mild indignation about this figure I won't take your word for it.

You wonder what the problem is - is it a language problem, cultural problem, do they have people over in China checking on production? Or is it a problem on the American side? No one could expect Sideshow to be of Hot Toys quality because of Hot Toys geographical and cultural proximity to the factory, but the gap seems a little too wide, and there must be something they can do.
A lot has to do with who paints the proto type and how much time he takes to bring out the very best of that artist's skills. He may spend hours and days going back over it and redoing and getting it to really shine. I highly doubt that the factory line painter has that time luxury or the skills of prototype painter.

Back