Sideshow 1/6 R2-D2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seams......

8zBZe.gif

Nice shots, j14. Thanks.

Will-Ferrell-Elf-You-Sit-on-a-Throne-of-Lies.gif

This figure is so yesterday.....������

lol! rub it in why dontcha!

Got charged today too, still have no idea where I'm gonna put this little guy. He might actually get snuck into the wife's curio cabinet in the living room, she won't notice for a while lol

The only thing I truly dislike is the scratch on the square "eye" piece. The seam doesn't look nowhere near as bad as it could be. I might eventually take some paint to this though and try to get a more metallic look on the silver and blue. Overall, I'm pretty happy with him. :) And the more and more I think of it, I may make this my last Star Wars figures. I may just skip Han and Chewy.

...And the more and more I think of it, I may make this my last Star Wars figures...
Have to admit, it's tempting to just cancel all my pre-orders and bail on collecting, especially with the cost having gone up considerably due to our dollar being devalued. Everything I've got I've wanted for a long while, though, so I'll tough it out. Want to be satisfied with what I have within a year or two and be finished, though. I think collecting indefinitely is not something I would find enjoyable.

Have to admit, it's tempting to just cancel all my pre-orders and bail on collecting, especially with the cost having gone up considerably due to our dollar being devalued. Everything I've got I've wanted for a long while, though, so I'll tough it out. Want to be satisfied with what I have within a year or two and be finished, though. I think collecting indefinitely is not something I would find enjoyable.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Invictus Sol again.

I'm right with you. I'm so close to having a "finished" collection in my eyes that I'm soldiering on. I'm happy with what I see from the R2 pics, so I can check that box off. Chewie is also a big box to check. It's not perfect, but it's pretty darn good and the price isn't HT Vader or Thanos crazy. Just a couple more figures need to be announced and I can feel good with my collection.

I'll probably still get a figure here and there in the future just for fun, but I'll have a sense of contentment that I have what I had always wanted.

I've been all over the place planning my 1/6 Star Wars collection for months....but now I have it down to bare essentials...3 Hot Toys Stormtroopers, my Probe Droid and one Sideshow Scout Trooper with Speeder Bike.

There are about three other characters/iterations I'd be very interested in, but no must-haves anymore. I'm feeling pretty chill about it. This property is just too deep for me and eats space.

Anything I've sold off I actually loved; but I guess extreme focus is what I'm about.

The only thing I'm absolutely interested in from Sideshow now is a Snowspeeder Pilot Luke. I would display it with the helmet on so although I want a decent likeness it'd be an easier sell.

I still think the R2 is pretty great overall, but after sleeping on it, I feel good about my eleventh hour cancellation. Had it matched the prototype I may not have.

These are things we have to decide personally on a case by case basis; the Probe Droid didn't match the proto either, but I have no regrets about that, as I'm sure most of you won't regret R2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was charged as well today... for $143 shipped I really can't complain. I know I'd be hard pressed to pay more due to a weak dollar or import fees, but at least for what he cost after the $20 off coupon I'm very happy based on the photos.

So is there anyone that's waiting on this to ship that also has the R2 & 3PO SSC premium format figures? Curious to see how R2 compares to that beauty. Was too rich for my tastes and they take up too much space (I have 5 of the SSC SW premium format statues, nice but 1/6 more managable). Plus I knew they'd eventually do the 1/6 so was an easy pass, although now it seems to sell for crazy$$

Back