Sideshow 1/6 Terminator T-800 Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm debating whether to send him back. On the one hand, for $50 his eyes should be straight. On the other, I'm probably not going to display him without the glasses. I'm just praying my T-1000's eyes are correct, his whole character is in that stare.

Dedicated to EVILFACE for helping me find the correct grenade launcher, a Dragon m97...

DSC03213.jpg

Last edited:
Nice pjam! When you get a chance, you should take the time to fill out his hips using cotton or whatever, for a more natural look. I'm experimenting with a new formula for filling out bodies that I've seen no one use before...but I'm a still a little ways off before I post pics my custom work. There is a lot of talent on the boards and I've got to bring on my A-game. :cool:

man those pants look bad....:monkey2

are they made out of pleather?

Final Ode to Evilface... speaking of evil face...

DSC03228.jpg

Actually I'm posting this because the eyes on mine aren't that bad even though they didn't look great in some poses. I found it best to lay the fig down on a table in natural daylight to get the best impression of the paint apps and eye work...

As far as the pants, they look fine and have a textured sheen, it is pleather or some lighter poly vinyl material and yes, you will want to insert some cotton in the hip joints to fill them out, no biggie.

Overall: limited articulation (head) and some joints, you'll have to do with the 2 hands given, the shades are a pain but you'll get the hang of it and when you do you'll be happy...

"He's a nice looking boy"
- T 1000

Last edited:
I know Arnie comes on a Big Boy body but has anybody considered head-swapping with the new Hot Toys body? Just wondering if it would help "fill out" the pants a bit more as well as provide a greater range of articulation. Wish I could find another HT "muscle" body for him.

btw - Wor-gar, I scored one of those Hasbro police bikes MIB on ebay so my T-1000 will be ready to ride. Just need to find the right jacket for him and he will be screen accurate. Thanks for the advice.

Now if I could only find a Fat Boy Harley. Those are impossible to find even on ebay.

Great pics pjam ! :)

Some news about the harness / bandolier . It was custom made from a racing car seatbelt harness. The width of the bandolier was 3 inches . The bandolier held 11 grenades. As far as I'm aware (and I'd love to be proven wrong! ) there are no bandoliers that even remotely resemble this out there in 1/6 scale.
Looks like we'll have to make our own guys :(

paulcarson said:
Great pics pjam ! :)

Some news about the harness / bandolier . It was custom made from a racing car seatbelt harness. The width of the bandolier was 3 inches . The bandolier held 11 grenades. As far as I'm aware (and I'd love to be proven wrong! ) there are no bandoliers that even remotely resemble this out there in 1/6 scale.
Looks like we'll have to make our own guys :(

Good to know. Belts should be fairly easy to get and cut some thin black elastic thread and "loop" them and glue them onto the belt. That's probably what Evil did on his. I wonder if one of the grenade straps from the Colonial Marines would work? Just glue a couple of them together?

Ok kids, here is the best of pjam's T 800 Gallery for anyone who missed them. I now turn it over to the very talented freak members here who can do some truly cool stuff... :cool:

DSC03108.jpg

DSC03142.jpg

DSC03149.jpg

DSC03152.jpg

DSC03116-1.jpg

DSC03153.jpg

DSC03177.jpg

DSC03186.jpg

DSC03213.jpg

Last edited:
I saw that auction but I'm not big on buying loose items off eBay, I'm ok with non-perfect packages, but I just don't feel too good about things that are out.

anti-hero said:
I've noticed the lever on the shotgun swung out away from his hand. Can he not hold it when it's against the handle...like you know...for shooting? :confused:

Yes, I believe so a-h, I snapped him holding it left-handed for the bike shots because he shot lefty from the bike, but was having a tough time with the left hand grip so I left the handle out. The SSC prod shot shows him holding it lever down in his right hand (he shot it right handed in the Galleria) so I'm sure it fits fine righty.

dekadentdave said:
btw - Wor-gar, I scored one of those Hasbro police bikes MIB on ebay so my T-1000 will be ready to ride. Just need to find the right jacket for him and he will be screen accurate. Thanks for the advice.

Glad I could help. I spent a long time looking for the right pants and boots for the T-1000 and the only set of police "riding pants" and boots are in this GI Joe Harley box, so you got it. The helmet is probably a bit toyish and may need to be painted.

The jacket is another hard one to find. The only jacket I found that is a close match is on a 'NYPD Cop' figure that looks like John Goodman and comes with a bunch of donuts. I don't remember the name or the company. He's hard to come by and is quite expensive...but if you just have to have that jacket, its the only police jacket I've ever found.

Search ebay under "cop" or "police" or "NYPD".

I did see that very NYPD jacket parted out loose but it has the letters painted on the back in big white letters. I suppose I could try to paint over them but I think the outlines would still be visible under the black paint. It does seem to be a close match.

I will also need to get some kind of aviator shades that I can paint mirrored chrome. The ones that come with the Hasbro Joe look almost like Oakleys.

Basic aviators are pretty common, especially Dragon pilots. Many are green or brown, but they could easily be painted chrome.

Its that jacket that's gonna be the hardest.

My plan a while back was just to make the T-1000 post-nitrogen accident -- when he reassembled but mixed up the uniforms: lower half in biker pants and boots with his top half being the standard cop shirt. Sort of the best halves of both of his primary outfits. I bought the cop gear but never pulled the trigger on the Harley Cop bike. Then SS announced this line and I decided to hold off. Unless the line picks up now that people are actually receiving the figures, I think this might be the complete set of T2 figures for awhile.

After being spoiled by SW and LOTR, I have to say this figure is a bit light on detail and accessories. It reminds me of the old SS days -- Bond and Apes, both in material and in packaging. I love the figure because I'm a big fan... but it really is better as a base for some serious customizing. I'm hoping the T-1000 is a little better; at least I know the exclusive arms will be more than worthwhile.

Got him a couple hours ago. A good figure for $50, but still a long ways off from HT T800.

terminators.JPG

HT T1 - SS T2 - Popsalute T3 (on a HT Generation body)

You can see by the pics that SS is a bit taller, but he the dreaded monkey arms compared to the HT T1. I'll prolly swap bodies. The suit is decent, not too baggy in the pants. The glasses still suck, the earpieces are too long. The accessories are nice and the shotgun is pretty sweet. Blows away 21Centurys version from a couple years back. I'll get some small roses to fill the box.

Does anyone know if the jacket is supposed to have the side lace up strings?

Man, Hot Toys is really starting to spoil me.

I thought the SW figures were the only ones to suffer from the monkey arms? Or is it a widespread problem with all older sideshow figures as well?

Man that's kind of rough to look at.

Back