Sideshow 1/6 Terminator T-800 Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure. The arms look fine on Jason X and Jason 4 which are on Big Boy bodies. It could be their clothes don't make it look as bad.

EVILFACE said:
Got him a couple hours ago. A good figure for $50, but still a long ways off from HT T800.

terminators.JPG

SS still got some ways to go. the outfit fits like a old hasbro 12" figure.

EVILFACE said:
Not sure. The arms look fine on Jason X and Jason 4 which are on Big Boy bodies. It could be their clothes don't make it look as bad.

yeah that's true with the Jedi I guess. The baggier clothes does sort of mask it until you actually handle the figure.

EVILFACE said:
Got him a couple hours ago. A good figure for $50, but still a long ways off from HT T800.

terminators.JPG

HT T1 - SS T2 - Popsalute T3 (on a HT Generation body)

You can see by the pics that SS is a bit taller, but he the dreaded monkey arms compared to the HT T1. I'll prolly swap bodies. The suit is decent, not too baggy in the pants. The glasses still suck, the earpieces are too long. The accessories are nice and the shotgun is pretty sweet. Blows away 21Centurys version from a couple years back. I'll get some small roses to fill the box.

Does anyone know if the jacket is supposed to have the side lace up strings?

Man, Hot Toys is really starting to spoil me.

Regarding the glasses -- does yours fall down his nose as well, Evil?

Regarding jacket laces -- I wondered that too, as there are flaps on the sides of the jacket where laces would work. The jacket must have been designed for this purpose but SS could finish it for the $49.99 price. I'm thinking I'll buy some very thin laces and punch holes myself.

I agree its a pretty decent figure -- mostly for the sculpt -- but its begging to be customized to really complete it. It feels unfinished to me.

Now that many of us have picked up an M79 grenade launcher for our T-800, does anybody know if somebody makes a sixth-scale Hawk MM-1, 37mm, 12 shot, rotatory gas-grenade launcher? We must have the "complete" T2 Arnold!

I never got the monkey arms vibe with mine, they seem fine to me and I've had it displayed all weekend. The limited head articulation IS an issue to me but for $50, I haven't seen a better representation of a T 800 yet, especially with shades on... the shades work best when resting over the ears but the ear sculpt is too tight to the head to fit properly, still works ok for me though.

DSC03240.jpg

How about using one of those Hot Toys muscle legs over the existing sideshow legs? That will fill the space up and give the legs definition. Unfortunatley I don't think they can be bent though...

musclyleg.jpg

Alice Adrenochrome said:
The trousers on the SSC Arnie really look bad. Would filling them with tissue help? To make the legs look less wrinkly

Tissue or cotton in the hip joints would do the trick IMO, that's what I plan to do. Wor-Gar would know much more about this...

HAHA, that is a lot of stuffing. But it does make him look a bit better.

As for the shades, I'm thinking of cutting a small bit out of the sides to bring them close to his ears.

Those pictures above really do look nice. That's a rather complex stuffing job. I think the waist and thigh probably would be enough as the real problem is the pants. I think the jacket hangs fine as is.

The sleeves could do with some tightening though -- a little thread and needle in the inside of the sleeves where the stitches already are just to narrow a bit.

pjam said:
Tissue or cotton in the hip joints would do the trick IMO, that's what I plan to do. Wor-Gar would know much more about this...

I did use cotton balls in those weird hip joints to help fill him out the night I got him. It helps a lot, although the pants are still baggy everywhere else, not just in the hip area. Those pictures above give a great visual of what you could do to solve the "baggy pants" issue.

Paul, I was seriously considering finding a Hot Toys muscle body for him to make him more "buff." The rubber legs would work. I have the Rocky figure with them and they are flexible but it might give him limited poseability in the legs but it should definitely help fill out his pants.

That's a good reference of a real grenade bandolier. I will probably order some webbing from Good Stuff but I'm not sure which size to get.

Damn Evil, that HT gatlin gun is NICE! I wonder if there are any neck articulation solutions that are easy to do, maybe a replacement neck joint?

dekadentdave said:
Paul, I was seriously considering finding a Hot Toys muscle body for him to make him more "buff." The rubber legs would work. I have the Rocky figure with them and they are flexible but it might give him limited poseability in the legs but it should definitely help fill out his pants.

That's a good reference of a real grenade bandolier. I will probably order some webbing from Good Stuff but I'm not sure which size to get.

The real bandolier was 3 inches wide. so divide that by 6 to get your width. About 3/5 of an inch or 15 mm ? ( just a wild guess here !)

paulcarson said:
The real bandolier was 3 inches wide. so divide that by 6 to get your width. About 3/5 of an inch or 15 mm ? ( just a wild guess here !)

Thanks. I picked up some 3/8" webbing at JoAnne's for $.39/yard and some 1/4" webbing for the grenade straps which will be looped and glued down with some Fabri-tac.

Back