Sideshow 1/6 Terminator T-800 Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my T-800 today. The head sculpt looks great and the paint looks decent on mine. Even though his pupils are painted a little too low, he doesn't look crosseyed.
The jacket needs to be fixed, it's wrinkly as hell. I think I'll try using a blow dryer on low to get the wrinkles out.
I think Sideshow really skipped on quality with the roses, they look terrible. And if you think There was no other way to do it, you don't own Sideshow's Werewolf of London figure. He came with a flower which I think is a lily (sorry I don't know flowers) and that's what I was expecting, a few of those, instead the card thing they did looks cheap.
Overall I like him but I would like Sideshow to try harder on quality as they do on the Star Wars figures with their other licenses.

screamingmetal said:
I got my T-800 today. The head sculpt looks great and the paint looks decent on mine. Even though his pupils are painted a little too low, he doesn't look crosseyed.
The jacket needs to be fixed, it's wrinkly as hell. I think I'll try using a blow dryer on low to get the wrinkles out.
I think Sideshow really skipped on quality with the roses, they look terrible. And if you think There was no other way to do it, you don't own Sideshow's Werewolf of London figure. He came with a flower which I think is a lily (sorry I don't know flowers) and that's what I was expecting, a few of those, instead the card thing they did looks cheap.
Overall I like him but I would like Sideshow to try harder on quality as they do on the Star Wars figures with their other licenses.

You can always buy some small flowers at any craft store for pennies on the dollar. No big deal.

dekadentdave said:
You can always buy some small flowers at any craft store for pennies on the dollar. No big deal.
Why couldn't Sideshow have done that?
Are there any that are in scale? If so then that problem is fixed. Now to save for a HT body to replace the crappy Buck.

I should be getting my Hot Toys rubber muscle legs hopefully tomorrow so I will let you all know how they fit over skinny Buck.

Anyone else still waiting for the shipping notice on their T-800 exclusive? I need to know I'm not the only one.

Still, it could be because I'm getting it shipped with the T-1000 ...

dekadentdave said:
I should be getting my Hot Toys rubber muscle legs hopefully tomorrow so I will let you all know how they fit over skinny Buck.
I actually have a spare HT Muscle legs from one of their earlier figures but I won't use them for anything, they're grossly oversized, they look like a bodybuilder guy that got really fat.
I'm not sure what the newer ones used on the Rocky figures look like, they may be a huge improvement.

Considering Arnold has tree trunks for legs they should be a perfect match. I'm only using them to fill out his baggy pants so you won't really see them anyway.

I agree though that Sideshow skimps on quality where they think they can cut a few corners. I notice this on a some of their figures sometimes and it's always up to us to go the extra mile to make the upgrade. I guess that's the compromise we get for getting $50 figures instead of paying $80-$100. Personally I would gladly pay more for the best possible quality like Hot Toys always gives.

dekadentdave said:
Personally I would gladly pay more for the best possible quality like Hot Toys always gives.

I concur.

Please make some photos when his legs are upgraded :)

I took a couple of quick pics of my Arnie (strait out of the box) with my Hot Toys first generation lower torso rubber legs to give you an idea of what they look like, I might try them on Arnie and see if it improves it but I doubt it will look good.
These are from the HT PMC guy:
picture735ha8.jpg

picture733fs2.jpg

I got my T-800 and T-1000 today. They both looked very good without taking a really close look since I didn't take them out. I don't really know why I bought them. :confused: I guess I was just too lazy to cancel them. :eek:

Interesting. It just makes those pathetic Buck legs look even more lanky. Maybe I'll just ditch the Big Boy and put them on a HT NGL body instead. Thanks for the pics. I am now convinced that Buck must go.

ahhh just got home from a trip not long ago and ive noticed many of you have got yourselves T-800 and T-1000 ... now just wondering where i can score a set at a good price? any suggestions?

Cant wait to get my hands on em!:chew

dekadentdave said:
Interesting. It just makes those pathetic Buck legs look even more lanky. Maybe I'll just ditch the Big Boy and put them on a HT NGL body instead. Thanks for the pics. I am now convinced that Buck must go.

well he hasn't put the leg sheath on Arnie yet so it still may be worth putting them on. i have the same PMC sheaths (if i can find them lol) and may try. if i do i'll post pics, but i think i may just try a full wetsuit like Kamen used since Arnie could use the thickness in upper bod too, plus i planned on useing the HT legs for something else.

Outlander said:
Anyone else still waiting for the shipping notice on their T-800 exclusive? I need to know I'm not the only one.

Still, it could be because I'm getting it shipped with the T-1000 ...

I am still waiting for both my T-800 & T-1000 to ship out...

:emperor :maul

I received mine last week, shipped in two boxes nonetheless, but finally had a chance to crack him open yesterday. I like the figure, the Rosebox is quite massive but it serves as something for him to rest his foot on and the likeness is great. Plan to cut the turtleneck off but I'm a little hesitant now and the sunglasses don't rest evenly on the face. That being said I just scored another (standard) off of eBay for $40 shipped to display in my classroom.

Well guys, I hit the jackpot! I scored one of those Fat Boy Harley's! Found a hidden cache of them at Big Lots today. They still had 4 of the black ones left after I bought one so if anybody wants one, PM me. Total after tax came to $32.19. Anyway, now I have bikes for both my T-1000 and T-800. :D

dekadentdave said:
Well guys, I hit the jackpot! I scored one of those Fat Boy Harley's! Found a hidden cache of them at Big Lots today. They still had 4 of the black ones left after I bought one so if anybody wants one, PM me. Total after tax came to $32.19. Anyway, now I have bikes for both my T-1000 and T-800. :D

Congrats! I know you've been looking like a madman for that bike. Good price too.

Now T-800 can finally chase down your T-1000's cop bike!

Back