Sideshow 1/6 Terminator T-800 Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fat Boy handlebars chromed!

DSC03526.jpg

FIRST SNEAK PEEK AT MY CUSTOM BANDOLIER

This is a custom bandolier I made out of black ball cap parts and was the very first custom piece I made... I first cut out a cloth strap then taped velcro end pieces to it, then used a cut rubber strip for the grenade loop and glued it to the strap grenade by grenade, which are removeable. I need a few more M79 shells to complete it and may lay one more layer of black cloth over the grenade loop but it looks pretty cool as is in hand and is pretty much done.

Once the HT BD Weapons set gets here in a few days, he'll be Cyberdyne ready for full shots. :cool:

DSC035352.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys, fully geared T 800 pics to follow soon! :D :cool:

I actually like the rubber grenade loop as it gives more texture to the piece and stretches in a natural way when it lays over the uneven surfaces of the figure...

Here's a Terminator film trivia question...

When were Terminators first manufactured?

Last edited:
Sideshow needs to update their bodies for sure. The T-800 is just too lanky and the clothes don't fit right. T-1000 looks better IMO. I have the Popsalute T3 T-850 and I like it much better than Sideshow's T2 one.

stshammgod said:
Sideshow needs to update their bodies for sure. The T-800 is just too lanky and the clothes don't fit right. T-1000 looks better IMO. I have the Popsalute T3 T-850 and I like it much better than Sideshow's T2 one.

Yeah, it's a common gripe but very true. The T-800 Arnold makes a good argument for the need for an improved Buck body. Most are just swapping to a hot Toys NGL body. I'm STILL waiting for my HT muscle legs that I bought on ebay 3 weeks ago. If they ever arrive I hope fill out his pants. Right now he looks like Jack Skellington. That's why I keep him displayed on his bike.

stshammgod said:

That's why I'm passing on this figure. I do want to get a T-1000 sometime soon though.

pjam said:
Here's a Terminator film trivia question...

When were Terminators first manufactured?

C'mon guys... I know you know this...

answer: about 2024

"...about 40 years from now" - Reese, 1984. :cool:

Well, depends on how you want to look at it pjam, in the original timeline, you'd be right, in the new timeline started by the destruction of Cyberdyne in T2, then the T1 seen in Terminator 3 would be the first and that would make it 2003ish that the first Terminator was built.

I really hated the HK's in Terminator 3. They looked too video-gamish compared to the sleek designs of the original. Another reason why T3 blows.

I'm quoting Kyle Reese from Terminator as you know...

Btw, I decided I am gonna do a T1 Kyle too... but the version from Police Station escape to Factory Endo death blast...with black trench instead of gray green and I'll include his field dressing Sarah made, her first. This version simply means more to me and so much more took place: Sarah love connection, John's conception and he had battle scenes against both versions of the T 800 and died defending both Legends Sarah and the unborn John Connor... plus the HT Endo is coming out for final battle fun.

just need a few pipe bombs and the shotgun...

Pjam, the trench he got at the Tiki Motel is actually navy blue. That's cool you are doing the end battle Reese. I've always been more partial to arrival-Reese when he steals the bum's clothes and the nikes. I'm all about the Tech-Noir showdown but it will be cool to see a "battle-damaged" Reese. "Cover... so it can't track us..."

I thought it was navy blue too dave, especially when we first see it (exiting the Police Station and later ditching the gremlin with Sara, etc) but JC used alot of blue filters for night shots. I saw the restored film again last night, still kicks all kind of ass btw :lol and there are several daylight shots where it clearly appears black... I paused several times and double and triple checked.

I don't have a screen grab thingy but check out the day shots from the Tiki, in one or two it is black as hell... but I admit a navy blue makes more sense to grab from a Police Station. Maybre I'll have it dyed midnight blue, best of both worlds, right?

Last edited:
dekadentdave said:
Yeah, it's a common gripe but very true. The T-800 Arnold makes a good argument for the need for an improved Buck body. Most are just swapping to a hot Toys NGL body. I'm STILL waiting for my HT muscle legs that I bought on ebay 3 weeks ago. If they ever arrive I hope fill out his pants. Right now he looks like Jack Skellington. That's why I keep him displayed on his bike.

What would be a good 1/6 bike for the popsalute T-850?

It's definitely a DARK blue so if midnite blue is what you prefer then go with it but it's definitely a blue, not black, though to give credit to the argument I have posted a shot where it appears somewhat black. Keep in mind that all images have not been color manipulated in photoshop but are direct screen grabs and that color processing on film is contingent on lighting, film stocks and other color correction processing and considering the time when this film was made they probably used Kodak film stock and the color processing was all done with chem treatments at the lab unlike digital color correction today. This reminds me of the old Star Wars Tie Fighter argument that the Ties were actually blue but ended up looking grey or white when the film was processed after interpositive matte composites and other elements were added before the final print was struck.

trench3.jpg
trench1.jpg
trench2.jpg
trench4.jpg

What would I do without you, Dave? Seriously... :lol

So after watching the film again I learned the first Sarah Connor was terminated in Santa Monica, the second, a girl from the valley.

So my HT muscle legs FINALLY arrived so I was able to give my T-800 some much needed upgrades. He may not look like Mr. Olympia in the nude but I think it fills out pants much better than the lanky Buck... an OBSOLETE model that should be TERMINATED.

legs1.jpg
legs2.jpg
grenade1.jpg

Back