Sideshow 1/6 Terminator T-800 Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
shaithis77 said:
It works like this-

If you make an "Arnold" figure, the likeness is public domain. Sure.

If you was to make a T-800 figure, from T2, with Arnold's likeness, you have to go through the license holder (and it's not Cameron, BTW).

Thanks for clearing that up. I believe Studio+Canal and Warner Bros. now hold the licence for Terminator. So any chance we will see a few different generic "Arnold" figures so we can customize him into different roles? Dutch from Predator, John Matrix from Commando, Quaid from Total Recall, The Running Man, Conan, etc.?

Overall, I think he turned out great! The head is in perfect scale, the clothes and especially the shades are a little big, but I still like the figure. I'm glad I kept my order, but I hope he's delayed a few weeks.

EVILFACE said:
I think this is the first bigboy figure that has the standard SS neck post. The previous figures had the neck sculpted to the body and the neck joint at the base of the skull.

didn't the modern kurgan have the regular neck post on the big boy body?

EVILFACE said:
Other than the shades, I think he looks fine. Especially all this for 50 bucks.

my complaints about this figure are...

1. head is too small
2. the ears need to stick out a little
3. sunglasses are too big
4. T shirt is a turtleneck
5. jacket and pants look too big

but it looks like i'm in the minority here.:lol

Frontline's great. I have several of Lonnie's sculpts. His T2 Arnold is pretty awesome too... but I'd say this SS sculpt is right on par. Probably better, but I'd have to see it in hand.

dekadentdave said:
Thanks for clearing that up. I believe Studio+Canal and Warner Bros. now hold the licence for Terminator. So any chance we will see a few different generic "Arnold" figures so we can customize him into different roles? Dutch from Predator, John Matrix from Commando, Quaid from Total Recall, The Running Man, Conan, etc.?

StudioCanal+ is correct for T2. WB only distributed T3, and holds no licensing rights to any of the Terminator films. I forget who has T1. It's not a studio, I know that...

pjam said:
dsc02708es9.jpg

I'm just not feeling that bro... :monkey1
the paint apps don't look bad on toning, but once again, those lips are too thick

I had been weighing weather or not to get these figures because I've been having to make some financial decisions lately, and with so much great Star Wars stuff my preference has been to lean towards making sure I get those things, but I found a way to keep the T2 figures on order and seeing these, I'm glad it worked out and I can't wait to get my shipping notice.

YAY!!! 3-5 day notice :)

Last edited:
Man I can't believe how good the sculpt turned out to be. It's better than the proto IMO. I'm also really stoked they threw in his .45! That was one accs. that I thought was really neccessary and was very bummed when it wasn't listed.

I was hoping that the figure would ship earlier in the week and that I'd have it by now.

Then I was hoping that since it's taken so long that we would be getting actual shipping notices today.

I'm glad that it's coming but this really is probably the longest I've ever waited for a Sideshow preorder.

Thanks for the link P!

Not the best shots, but on par with most. The jacket sleeves look a bit large; may need a little narrowing.

I think part of the awkwardness of the figure is because the clothing is so ill-fitting in the shots we've seen. SS really needs a good futz-er before those figures go in for photography. Its a disservice to themselves.

I can't wait to get my hands on it and futz the hell out of it.

Back