Sideshow 1/6th Tusken Raider

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got this guy, very nice......wasn't expecting to like it so much.... will definately keep an eye out for cheaper ones, I think 3 of these guys are needed for sure

I'm trying to make a couple of 1:1 scale tusken rifles after seeing this thread and having tusken fondness rekindled haha. Its actually surprisingly easy so far.. so far..

Pretty nice figure. Yea the rubber knees are a bit wonky, but not bothersome unless you are just looking for something to whine about.

The outter robe is hard to photograph. Keeps showing up as a salmon color and it's nothing like that.

Just got him, Some bits ok, some bits great. The head and outer robe is what really matters and they look great i think.

Weapons are very cool. And nice to see some real leather work.

This one is really a surprise for me, the characters is Meh to me, but just gave it the water treatment & 30sec pose & it looks magic, I even like how the pro body gives it a hunch back :monkey3

The outter robe is hard to photograph. Keeps showing up as a salmon color and it's nothing like that.

I noticed that too. Depending on the light the robe can look like it has some "red" to it.

Just got him, Some bits ok, some bits great. The head and outer robe is what really matters and they look great i think.

Weapons are very cool. And nice to see some real leather work.

Need pics....

This one is really a surprise for me, the characters is Meh to me, but just gave it the water treatment & 30sec pose & it looks magic, I even like how the pro body gives it a hunch back :monkey3

Definitely need more pics! :)

shameless plug, WIP

DSCF2913a.jpg

Don't want a 1/6 figure, so went this route instead lol.

cool stuff morti...............don't go shooting any landspeeders...:wink1:

Finally got to open it up this morning. Nice figure. Detailing on the sculpt and weapons is damn nice. Sideshow needs to re-engineer these new soft kneed bodies. Over, pretty nice, but there is room for improvement, mainly in the body. Paints, accessories (thought few) and his gear are all top notch, body brings it down though.

Now need to futz.

Finally got to open it up this morning. Nice figure. Detailing on the sculpt and weapons is damn nice. Sideshow needs to re-engineer these new soft kneed bodies. Over, pretty nice, but there is room for improvement, mainly in the body. Paints, accessories (thought few) and his gear are all top notch, body brings it down though.

Now need to futz.

Good to hear.
With those knees, it might be difficult for it to hold some extreme poses, but we'll just have to be more creative. :)

Now need to futz.

I keep hearing about "rubber" knees and soft knees and I at first thought it was just a descriptive term but are the knee joints literally 'soft', like molded differently? I don't have many of the new bodies and I can't strip this one down to see his knees.

Back