Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Character heights don't need to always translate to actor's heights.

For example, Frankenstein was supposedly possessed a Vader-esque stature while Boris Karloff was only 5'11.

I would prefer the actual figure to be character height rather than actor height.

For example, Frankenstein was supposedly possessed a Vader-esque stature while Boris Karloff was only 5'11.

I would prefer the actual figure to be character height rather than actor height.

This is starting to sound like a POTC thread. :D

Who's taller, Jack Sparrow or Elizabeth Swann?

But yet you instigated everyone swapping out their Ki bodies with taller bucks because the actor was taller? :lol

Personally, I scale the body height of each figure to the head size. For instance, I have ROTJ Luke at 12" (= 6') but the overall appearance looks so much better to me proportion wise.

But yet you instigated everyone swapping out their Ki bodies with taller bucks because the actor was taller? :lol

That's kinda funny cause in the Ki thread I said the same thing about characters and actors not always being the same height :lol
Though I'm actually glad I made that switch he did look better next to some of the other jedi on the stadard size buck.

No. I "instigated" everyone swap it out because the character was tall and Sideshow clearly produced him on the wrong sized buck.

:wave

Actualy he came out to the right height on the shorter buck cause top of his head should come to same height as Qui-Gon. The short body however looked horrible cause of the shoulder height standing next to other jedi. Putting him on the tall body to match the actor makes him look to lanky cause of the tailoring. Thus why I went with the standard buck cause it was the best compromise... that and gave me an extra short body I needed for swaping out my luke and those dang monkey arms. :monkey1

Got one of these today in the mail, nice piece but still like Medi's armor and feel better. Just feels better put together. Overall 7/10, Pts get shaven cause of the loose joints and non-shine armor. Otherwise nice fig for the price i paid.

Hey pix, did you ever trim down the inside of the helmet to make it into a "wearable" helmet? i remember you talking about it, and i'm seeing quite a few people with the modified troopers with heads no, so if that's the case, tutorial please? i've got a few Hot toys heads i can use.

Hey pix, did you ever trim down the inside of the helmet to make it into a "wearable" helmet? i remember you talking about it, and i'm seeing quite a few people with the modified troopers with heads no, so if that's the case, tutorial please? i've got a few Hot toys heads i can use.

Get a razor and a screw driver, open it up and play:

CAPTAIN
CAAAAAAAAAAVEMAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

:lol :lol :lol

Just carve out all the pieces that prevent the head from fitting. When you're done you'll need to keep the helmet in pieces as it won't fit over the head normally. The port's too small. Oh, and the Scholfield head works best.

I did so on both of my trooper helmets. I even posted a pic.

There really isn't much to write a tutorial about. I unscrewed the top of the helmet from the bottom. Then dropped the bottom of the helmet (face plate and back) into some boiling water long enough to loosed up the glue (about 30 seconds) and then carefully pulled the front from the back. Then I got a sharp box cutter and slowly and carefully whittled down everything inside.

untitled39.JPG

IMGP2440.JPG

IMGP2414.JPG

Both of these troopers have hollowed out heads. The one in front is wearing the Tom Cruise head the one in the back ground is wearing the Michael Schofield head.

IMGP2473.JPG

Back