Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some photos from me:
dsci0026z.jpg

Great photos! This last one has me wanting to pick up another one.

I got my stormtrooper a few weeks back and overall i'm pretty happy with him. Only thing his he was missing the extra set of hands. I contacted ss and they said I had to get a replacement off forbidden planet where I bought it from but I coudn't be bothered to send the whole figure back just for some hands when he'll only be displayed with one set at a time lol. Anyway it means he is a left-handed trooper but it gives some variety.

Here are a couple of rubbish phone pics I took

Last edited:
I got my stormtrooper a few weeks back and overall i'm pretty happy with him. Only thing his he was missing the extra set of hands. I contacted ss and they said I had to get a replacement off forbidden planet where I bought it from but I coudn't be bothered to send the whole figure back just for some hands when he'll only be displayed with one set at a time lol. Anyway it means he is a left-handed trooper but it gives some variety.

$4 plus shipping from ToyAnxiety and you're set. :D

I'm getting my replacement hands for my 2 Stormtrooper figures for free: :banana

Comments: no charge shipping
*chipped JY
MISC EACH 2 2 0 $0.00 $0.00
2124- Stormtrooper All Hands
------------
Sub Total: $0.00
Discount: - $0.00
Freight: $0.00
Sales Tax: $0.00
------------
Invoice Total: $0.00

Your not the only one. I just got this figure a few days ago from forbidden planet and without realising, one extra hand is gone missing. I will probably give them a call on monday.

Howdy all. Here are some pics of my repainted SS Stormtrooper, showing both the painting process as well as the final product. I was inspired by Rismo's tips on this board and OSW and tweaked the chest piece with the velcro trick. I was also going to do some paint touch up work to cover up some manufacturing problems, but then opted to sand down all the various mold/seam lines and do a full repaint (with some of the screened details on the helmet masked). I then did a full Future semi-gloss coat (mixed with a bit of matte medium). I also repainted some of the helmet details and repainted the blaster. After coating with the semi-gloss Future, I also brushed a little full-gloss Future on the lenses.

This was a lot of fun - unlike many, I actually like it when the figure is not perfect out of the box - gives you a chance to make it your own. This was my first time using Future (was previously a laquuer coat guy) and I love the stuff! So easy to use, and great finish.

After sanding down the seam lines, I airbrushed Tamiya gloss white with a touch of gray and some matte medium.
IMG_0153.JPG

IMG_01571.JPG

Applying the Future:
IMG_0165.JPG

IMG_0166.JPG

IMG_0174.JPG

Final product - the shine doesn't show that well in photos.

IMG_00313.JPG

IMG_00342.JPG

IMG_00362.JPG

I recommend this to anyone up for a glossier finish on their Stormtrooper. The white paint is a bit of a pain, as little bits of dust show up really easy - just keep some 1000-1500 grit sandpaper around and gently sand this off. You can also use an old cotton t-shirt to buff/polish off any imperfections in on the paint and/or Future. Also, I'd suggest spraying lots of layers of thin paint and don't lay it on thick (same goes for the Future). And let the paint and Future dry for a good 24 hours before handling. And if you're masking, plan ahead!

I really think SS knocked it out of the park with this figure, and thinking about getting another!

N

future too costly in my country...here's my storm in a true type body as the ori body is loose and can hardly stand ...

P1010064-3.jpg

Could someone give me the tips on how to bend the chestpiece? I can't remember what they were.

Also, is it just the chestpiece or do you also bend the back?

Could someone give me the tips on how to bend the chestpiece? I can't remember what they were.

Also, is it just the chestpiece or do you also bend the back?

Cook a cup of water in the microwave for 2 min, dip the chest piece in to mid-pectoral for about 20-30 seconds (make sure you don't dip the shoulder parts, they'll deform and you'll be fubar) then just squeeze the front and back until they line up, and while still holding them together, run the armor under cold water until they set.

Back