Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cook a cup of water in the microwave for 2 min, dip the chest piece in to mid-pectoral for about 20-30 seconds (make sure you don't dip the shoulder parts, they'll deform and you'll be fubar) then just squeeze the front and back until they line up, and while still holding them together, run the armor under cold water until they set.

:rock :rock :rock

Cool, thanks! I'll give it a try.

Yeah mywii, could you expand upon what you did to convert it to a truetype? :wave

I need to file the arms and legs of the normal TT body until i almost reached the hollow part in the centre :mad:. At one point I really wanted to give up and throw the body against the wall. Ha..ha... I walk away take a break and came back to continue filing and finally i got all the armor in and the armor are tight fit of course.

I suggest you all wait for the true type slim version that will be coming out. Even if you need to file it, it will be less filing....will then do that for my other storm and utapau...

are you using a dremel? a truetype shouldn't be more than 5 minutes work with a dremel...

Could someone give me the tips on how to bend the chestpiece? I can't remember what they were.

Also, is it just the chestpiece or do you also bend the back?

Or if you don't like playing with hot water use a hairdryer and do a similar thing as nam said.

well, i dont see myself doing a lot of mod so never decided to get the dremel....manual filing man....

In your case, I don't think it'd be wise anyway. TTs are strong, but when most of the integrity is stripped away, a power tool might cause irreparable disaster and potential injury. There were picks of a guy in the HT TDK thread (the despicable one that got locked) who tried to shave down the proportions of his Batman's body and dremmeled the hell out of his hand in the process.

with the proper attachment, the dremel is awesome... shoulders... chests... it is like "polishing" them off... even on my first attempt of using one, it was a breeze (and i am not the power tool sort).

Wow, that looks great! Although, now the cod piece looks even more glaringly small. :horror:lol

future too costly in my country...here's my storm in a true type body as the ori body is loose and can hardly stand ...

P1010064-3.jpg

Re: Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper replacement hands

I'm sure this has probably already been covered here, but Sideshow has replacement hands for the Stormtrooper cast in black plastic! I read about it here.

I sent customer service an e-mail and they are sending me a set, no charge!

Wow, that looks great! Although, now the cod piece looks even more glaringly small. :horror:lol

ha..ha..i understand storms are not clone...so guess they recruit any tom ^^^^ and harry to fill the job...most of them with small ######

Re: Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper replacement hands

I'm sure this has probably already been covered here, but Sideshow has replacement hands for the Stormtrooper cast in black plastic! I read about it here.

I sent customer service an e-mail and they are sending me a set, no charge!

Thanks for that. I sent them an email as well.

The only real improvement i can make out is the legs seem to fill the armor out more.

Back