Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice point josh.... erm.... and by "point" I mean that you make a good argument. :eek:

Look at the cod pieces in this pic. All 3 look different.

StormtrooperCorps_anh1080p2.jpg

:lol :lol :lol this thread has already gotten out of hand, now we're circling the crotches of Stormtroopers :lol

But, it is a good point... there probably wasn't the strictest of uniformity on the set, so maybe the cod piece from Sideshow is representative of some of the source material (or even a dictate) they were given.

Either way, its a pretty minor issue and overall the figure looks kickass! Now bring on Vader :vader

Thanks to everyone who posted pics! I think SS's Trooper looks fantastic! I definitely like it better than the Medi, but think the Marmit looks a little bit nicer. I agree, the codpiece is undersized but I can live with that. The one thing I want ot know, though, is...why I am I still "processing" on mine???????!!!!! This guy can't get here soon enough!

Is it really the cod piece bugging people or the ammount of black undesuit showing between the cod/hip armor and the thigh armor?

Is it really the cod piece bugging people or the ammount of black undesuit showing between the cod/hip armor and the thigh armor?

I think that has a lot to do with the reason it looks odd. A little futzing should fix that.

Thats what I am thinking. Its an optical illusion created by the positioning of the cod piece in relationg to the rest of the armor rather than an actual discrepancy in size. Thats what "Josh's Pic of Circled Trooper Units" showed me. :lol

Hmmmm.....Talking about Cods in here...there is discussion about nipples in the Bowen thread....if I look hard enough I'll find the thread where whoo-ha is being discussed....

Thats what I am thinking. Its an optical illusion created by the positioning of the cod piece in relationg to the rest of the armor rather than an actual discrepancy in size. Thats what "Josh's Pic of Circled Trooper Units" showed me. :lol

Star_Wars_SS_Marmit_086.jpg

SS ST: so hey man, if I pull my chest armor down and thigh up up a it, would my cod piece look as big as yours?

Marmit ST: no man, no it wont.

:lol:lol:lol can't believe I am typing this.

What we really need is to see the ST in some dynamic, not spread eagle, poses that show if having the smaller cod armor allows for the legs to pose in ways the larger armor would restrict.

The Medicom ones and the marmit ones looks better overall to me cause of one thing...The gloss/shine. ST'rs gotta have that. Otherwise i think they all have their pros and cons, so just pick one and call it a day. Still stumps me how SS could mess that one up, but i guess i'm used to SS's antic by now.

Oh and coolw, let the medi SS thing go already it's Sooooooo 2005. Alot of people here like myself like both so cool it, pun intended.

I don't have it in hand yet but i'd say 7.5 8/10 from what i see. And that's perfectly acceptable for 80$. Although the paint coming off when putting the blaster in hand keeps it down some.

Back