Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Using Dharper's pic and a publicity scan I have made this comparison of the SSC Stormie vs an ANH screen used helmet.

storm.jpg

The funny thing is that my regular Stormie is already in my "Pile of loot" at BBTS and Sideshow is still fracking "processing" my exclusive one.:banghead I need my stormies NOW!!!

Still the 2 silver microphones are too large. See comparison with my eFX 1:1 Stormtrooper helmet (or even the MR CE helmet):

efxhelmetstormtrooper00.jpg

stormtrooper02.jpg

Also the crotch area should be a little bigger, he needs protection from Princess Leia kicking some balls... :monkey1 :elefant :D.

Can't wait to get my 2 stormies since Stormies are my favorite SW characters. I just wanted to be perfect, and that is quite impossible alas.

PS. BTW what do you think of the exclusive pistol? It seems blueish...

Woo-boy...cod piece mania in here and now Josh is red-penning them?
So far, this "image" thread is providing some well-needed laughs...:lol

And...I think the SS Trooper looks fine. I think if it's futzed and positioned, it'll turn out looking just fine. CloneObi needed some adjusting out of the box too...

The only other Stormtrooper I have to post a comparison with...

I fixed the upper armor flare by heating the piece with a hair dryer and gently bending the armor, then dousing it with cold water. It only needed to bend a little, IMHO. Before:

After:

I also stuck a little bit of cotton under each shoulder bell to give him a wee bit more width in the shoulders.

I must admit, I would consider getting a second one now... although after seeing comparison shots of the SS next to the Marmit, I have to say "nice try, Sideshow - it's damn close, but Marmit wins."

- J

Just wanted to point out that there seems to be different styles but it was a tad odd doing this circling some guys area. :lol

I'm at work. :)

That's worse... What'll the students say? :lol:monkey3

March Break here... But it'd be a better break if my two Stormies (regular) would have been sent already. He looks great.

I must admit, I would consider getting a second one now... although after seeing comparison shots of the SS next to the Marmit, I have to say "nice try, Sideshow - it's damn close, but Marmit wins."

- J

I agree with you MJ, one main reason I picked one up was thinking it was going to be nice and shiney. I'm all about a glossy TK. And thats not the case which is super dissappointing for me. Will have to strip him and give him a clear coat on my own. Other than the loose fitting armor, small "package" holder, strange paint apps on the mouth eyes and mics he should be good with some futzing around. The blaster is amazing.

dsc03489.jpg

Nice pic. And damn, look how big Kenners Stormtrooper cod piece is??? I still my Kenner version around somewhere, he is all yellow now though.

Somehow, I knew Kenner's codpiece was going to get pulled into the fray ;)

After adjusting the upper leg armor, I think the eye drifts away from the moderate means of the SS codpiece. It's still small, but with less black showing, it doesn't look bad.

I'm surprised there isn't anything holding the upper leg armor to the torso piece. I've had the honor of wearing a set of TK armor and there's a velcro strap which holds the upper leg armor in place.

- J

A lot of hate for the Stormtrooper in this thread. I like the larger chest piece because it actually looks like a guy in armor. I imagine that if they went with a larger codpiece a lot of people would complain about the limited articulation and mod it. Anyway I don't really plan on spending much time worrying about my Stormtrooper's crotch. :rotfl I think the SS version looks just as good as the Marmit and it is certainly a great alternative since the Marmit is pretty much impossible to find.

Back