Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I can't speak for other figures, but I jostled the Stormtrooper backwards and forwards. He isn't going any where. Very secure. And seeing pictures of Stormtroopers with the traditional wrap around brace, I much prefer the look of him on the black saddle.

Rolling quakes are like waves. You'd need to hold the figure in your hand and bounce him up and down while shaking him back and forth to get the right movements. I tried it with my TDK and he fell every time. So if you don't live in earthquake-prone areas, that's fine (a tornado would just suck the whole damn thing up anyway). But if you do, the waist clamp might not be the most visually appealing, but it's your safest bet.

If the armor is like CW Obi-Wan then I don't see how you can say at all it feels cheap. If anything the Medi Armor feels like cheap rubber. If these guys are supposed to be wearing armor its most likely going to be a harder material don't you think? There is nothing sturdy about the armor on the Medi as it seems more like a bendy material. Where as the armor on CW Obi-Wan is sturdy and won't bend as we know it will break.

I know if the armor is more like Medicoms and less like CW Obi-Wan I'll be quite disappointed when mine gets here.

I think the "I like Medicom's better" part of his post said it all bud. :lol

Yeah, SS does seem to take a 'two steps back, one forward' approach with their stuff. Well said! Having had the SS Stormie for half a day, he gets an overall 'B' grade. If the body had been tighter and the armor fit better, it'd be an 'A'

Wasn't the prom body slimmer so that armor wouldn't be so oversized....? So, what happened with the SS Stormie? Every piece of armor except the feet and helmet is huge...I mean, the armor just slides all over the place if you move it...?

xm4wur.jpg

Justin, hope you don't mind: yours is a perfect angle to show this: if the armor areas in red stuck out anymore, they'd look like imperial wings and the dude should be able to fly. Now, they used a hard plastic, so I don't have the heart to try the heat approach to warp them back a bit. In the proto, this area of the chest armor does stick out so much...

Not much to say :huh. How about some screen accuracy thanks to Wor-Gar?:

realvsssst.jpg

I think a few people (one or two specifically) are only in this thread to find fault in the fig and bash (whether the faults actually exist or not).

Man, that gloss helps a lot. Did you airbrush this on or did you just use a regular brush? Please post a tutorial on how you did this. I don't want to screw anything up. Is this the wax you're talking about using?
https://www.acehardware.com/sm-future-floor-wax-11182--pi-1340324.html

That's the one! Future can be brushed on or airbrushed on. If brushing on, just make sure not to mess with it until it's completely dry. Should take about 10-15 minutes, but wait an hour, just to be safe. You don't want to leave brush strokes while it's drying up.

That looks awesome...ok, what did product did you use on this exactly? I must try it!!! :chew

See this link by UMRebel: https://www.acehardware.com/sm-future-floor-wax-11182--pi-1340324.html

If you are not in the US, then try the link below for different names that the product goes under, in different countries:

https://www.swannysmodels.com/TheCompleteFuture.html[/QUOTE]

That's the one! Future can be brushed on or airbrushed on. If brushing on, just make sure not to mess with it until it's completely dry. Should take about 10-15 minutes, but wait an hour, just to be safe. You don't want to leave brush strokes while it's drying up.

See this link by UMRebel: https://www.acehardware.com/sm-future-floor-wax-11182--pi-1340324.html

If you are not in the US, then try the link below for different names that the product goes under, in different countries:

https://www.swannysmodels.com/TheCompleteFuture.html

So what do you guys do if someone asks what you did last night?

"Oh, I was home alone and waxing my twelve inch stormtrooper." :D

:lol :lol :lol

Is there any chance that the shine you used will eventually damage or yellow the armor?

I really don't think it matters.

All Stormtroopers will yellow over time whether it be 5 years or 50 years.

Some POTF2 Stormtroopers are already turning yellow while still on the card.

I had to cancel this figure , and everything else for that matter on order, due to funds or lack of. But I have to say. From what I see we seem to have a home run on our hands with this figure. I mean I see it from the eyes of a collector who owned the original Kenner Stormtrooper back in the Seventies. I think that Sideshow has put together a great figure, I mean they even separated the belt and cod piece from the torso, which is a welcome change from the solid one piece deal we have seen in the past. I still have my Marmits and I'm happy with them, but even they didn't make a separate belt. I really love the fact that you can display both the Marmit and Sideshow together and have them both look great side by side!

I thought the armor were painted? doesn't that negate the yellowing?

That would be correct. The armor is painted a eggshell white, the armor plastic itself is a tanish color. So they should not yellow. Not the floor varnish might yellow over time if it is used.

Is there any chance that the shine you used will eventually damage or yellow the armor?

I gather that no one's been reading my posts on this stuff... :monkey2

Future will provide a protective barrier against UV rays and should keep your Stormie yellow free for many years.

So what do you guys do if someone asks what you did last night?

"Oh, I was home alone and waxing my twelve inch stormtrooper." :D

"I spent the night buffing my stormy!" :p

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I really don't think it matters.

All Stormtroopers will yellow over time whether it be 5 years or 50 years.

Some POTF2 Stormtroopers are already turning yellow while still on the card.

That's the result of the UV rays affecting the plastic. In the case of our Stormies, they are not only painted white but the Future will provide that much needed barrier.

Worst case scenerio, it does nothing to prevent if from going yellow, but at least it will be a shiney yellow! :naughty (just kidding).

The only thing that irks me is the loose joints. I could careless about the red lines people have circled and all that ^^^^ it looks fine to me. But loose joints are unacceptable. How many people have them and how many don't? I'm still gonna get it anyways sometime, but i know the hobbits some were loose some not so much.

Interesting. I hadn't read what you said FAF, many tear stained apologies are being sent your way.

:monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

Interesting. I hadn't read what you said FAF, many tear stained apologies are being sent your way.

:monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

:mwaha:mwaha:mwaha

By the way, I've used Future on some of my figures' "eyes" and sometimes lips (Leia's) to provide that "glistening" look. That's why I hate the "doll dot", as it's not needed and looks horrible.

So this stuff will turn the armor yellow over time?

I kid, I kid...

I'll have to see if I can get some of that stuff... Stormy should be waiting for me when I get home tonight :rock

I think a few people (one or two specifically) are only in this thread to find fault in the fig and bash (whether the faults actually exist or not).

True that.. wait until Darth Vader comes out....the bash will start again...

Just for the fun of it:
Oh there they go. There they go, every time someone start talkin about Stormtroopers, someone got to pull Medicom out their bud. That's their one, that's their one. Medicom, Medicom. Medicom. Let me tell you something once and for all, they are both great figures, but if I had to choose, I would pick sideshow for the money. :chew

Back