Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Josh, i like my SS stuff, but know their limits.

Show me a Sideshow figure that is equal to this:

3365249294_c7b0185d13_o.jpg

There isn't one.

Hate to piss in the punch but while I agree that the figure itself is a good likeness, and their Godfather is truly a benchmark in 1:6, that particular image you're using in your post is not particularly flattering to Schwarzenegger's likeness:

SchwarzeneggerArnold_08.jpg

Hey! What happened to the PICTURES of the stormtrooper in the PICTURES thread? Awful lot of chatter in here...

Oh, here's some...

All kidding aside, there's been a lot of great activity(and a few words slung around) over this figure....it's been fun.

I'll finally get to see what all of the fuss is about on Friday...

Keep the great images coming, folks!

There isn't one.

I do. I think things like Iron Man are something SS would struggle with. However, I think their Human Figures many of which are as good as this likeness wise and Armored stuff are equally as nice. For me anyways.

There isn't one.

I beg to differ:

reviewpamv1rh5.jpg

Dude, Hot toys can't touch that. Not now. Not ever...suck on it, HOT TOYS!!!

And seriously, that Schwarzeneger likeness is incredible - let's hope retail looks like that

I was taking a look at my Medicom Stormtrooper yesterday and i don't see why people talk so much crap about it, its not to scale with sideshow..blah...i don't care..Sideshow Star Wars 12inch are not the "be all,end all" line of 1/6th figures, their better then Hasbro and thats about it..the armor is tight on my Medi Stormtrooper..nothing slips at all..you can feel the quality of this figure just by holding it..the material for the body glove, the gun holster is cool, the armour is all tailor fit to the body..the thing i don't like about it is that, its missing the black liner along the inside rim of the helmet..and it could look a bit more faithfull to ROTJ version but, when my SSC Stormie comes i am sure i will like certain things about it..just i need to mod the crap out of it a bit, to be satisfied with it for the price was matched to my Medicom..and then again i swing toward ROTJ style buckets mostly because they look more pissed off.

I was taking a look at my Medicom Stormtrooper yesterday and i don't see why people talk so much crap about it, its not to scale with sideshow..blah...i don't care..Sideshow Star Wars 12inch are not the "be all,end all" line of 1/6th figures, their better then Hasbro and thats about it..the armor is tight on my Medi Stormtrooper..nothing slips at all..you can feel the quality of this figure just by holding it..the material for the body glove, the gun holster is cool, the armour is all tailor fit to the body..the thing i don't like about it is that, its missing the black liner along the inside rim of the helmet..and it could look a bit more faithfull to ROTJ version but, when my SSC Stormie comes i am sure i will like certain things about it..just i need to mod the crap out of it a bit, to be satisfied with it for the price was matched to my Medicom..and then again i swing toward ROTJ style buckets mostly because they look more pissed off.

I think most people feel the scale IS an issue, and the high price of the medis is a bigger one.

Ok but, i paid like $120-40 shipped from Hong Kong from charles-say or something on Ebay..thats about equal to what the sideshow one will cost with shipping(for me anyway), and i got my medi-stormie just a few months or so after it was released...and i mean my Medi-stormie is pretty much the same height as my SSC Darth Maul..the scale is off but, not like its soo off that its the common complaint..Vader should had been made taller..sure but, i can mod it to be taller..and still that means its one of many mods my SSC Stormie will need straight out of the box, sometimes i really sense its a U.S pride thing that has so many fans backing Sideshow versus the Asian products(though sideshow figures are made in Asia,what isn't!) lol..but, sometimes it seems like the bashing on Medicom is too harsh, they are hit or miss(like sideshow) but, i just feel the quality more with Medicom at times..maybe its the weight of them as well(RAH body > Buck body), i missed the deal on BBTS for Jango..i really should had got it last month, thats another figure that i don't think Sideshow will get right..atleast the metal like finnish the medicom one had, scale?..sure but, the armor will be sliding to his knees probally on that new marionette troop body, i just hope i don't get a loose one.

Last edited:
Medicom Vader looks real nice. But its size, use of soft plastic made it toy like. It wasn't just too short - it lacked bulk. Medicom weapons were average at best - something SS does excel at.

Medicom Vader looks real nice. But its size, use of soft plastic made it toy like. It wasn't just too short - it lacked bulk. Medicom weapons were average at best - something SS does excel at.

Yes!, true on the weapons and accessories, SSC does great work there+ weathering but, the soft armor..i don't notice it being soft when displayed so.no big deal..the look/quality is more important to me,scale a bit and then articulation.

Ok but, i paid like $120-40 shipped from Hong Kong from charles-say or something on Ebay..thats about equal to what the sideshow one will cost with shipping(for me anyway), and i got my medi-stormie just a few months or so after it was released...and i mean my Medi-stormie is pretty much the same height as my SSC Darth Maul..the scale is off but, not like its soo off that its the common complaint..Vader should had been made taller..sure but, i can mod it to be taller..and still that means its one of many mods my SSC Stormie will need straight out of the box, sometimes i really sense its a U.S pride thing that has so many fans backing Sideshow versus the Asian products(though sideshow figures are made in Asia,what isn't!) lol..but, sometimes it seems like the bashing on Medicom is too harsh, they are hit or miss(like sideshow) but, i just feel the quality more with Medicom at times..maybe its the weight of them as well(RAH body > Buck body), i missed the deal on BBTS for Jango..i really should had got it last month, thats another figure that i don't think Sideshow will get right..atleast the metal like finnish the medicom one had, scale?..sure but, the armor will be sliding to his knees probally on that new marionette troop body, i just hope i don't get a loose one.

It's nothing at all to do with U.S. pride. For it's time, it was the best. And now that time has gone. At $140 (plus another $40 for shipping from Asia), I accepted the pygmy-size, Hasbro-ey blaster (Hasbro's actually being better), Hasbro-ey bendably cheap plastic armor and a body that was more fragile than hollowed out 1000 year old egg shells because there was simply no other Stormtrooper on the market that could match it for a sane price. The Marmits were going for well over $200 on the rare occasion one was listed, and required a hell of a lot of work and additional $$$ in upgrade parts. Looking at it now, Medicom's pieces just aren't worth the price nowadays ($179 for Han?! :lol). Sideshow completely blew them away with their Stormtrooper. Is it perfect? No. But compared to Medicom's, price, quality, durability, accessories, etc., it's like comparing a Wookie to an Ewok with Sideshow holding the Bowcaster and Medicom yelling "Yub yub!" :lol

On the positive note, if you can forgive the ROTJ style of the Medi Stormy, he's perfectly sized for Luke in Stormtrooper disguise. :D

Last edited:
My biggest beef with medi is how fragle the damn things can be. I pose them, put them on the shelves, and they're fine. come back two days later to find that the simpe act of holding a pose for a few days has caused a shoulder joint to shatter. what the hell. ( comic spidey for the record)
I've replaced about 1/3rd of my medicom figures shoulders and hips in the time i've been collecting them. i'm tired of it. Hips seem to break more rarely, but shoulders seem to be made of glass. I'll keep buying them, but i'm working on adapting hot toys shoulders to work on medicom bodies. stronger plastic, should hold up better.

It's nothing at all to do with U.S. pride. For it's time, it was the best. And now that time has gone. At $140 (plus another $40 for shipping from Asia), I accepted the pygmy-size, Hasbro-ey blaster (Hasbro's actually being better), Hasbro-ey bendably cheap plastic armor and a body that was more fragile than hollowed out 1000 year old egg shells because there was simply no other Stormtrooper on the market that could match it for a sane price. The Marmits were going for well over $200 on the rare occasion one was listed, and required a hell of a lot of work and additional $$$ in upgrade parts. Looking at it now, Medicom's pieces just aren't worth the price nowadays ($179 for Han?! :lol). Sideshow completely blew them away with their Stormtrooper. Is it perfect? No. But compared to Medicom's, price, quality, durability, accessories, etc., it's like comparing a Wookie to an Ewok with Sideshow holding the Bowcaster and Medicom yelling "Yub yub!" :lol

On the positive note, if you can forgive the ROTJ style of the Medi Stormy, he's perfectly sized for Luke in Stormtrooper disguise. :D

Thats your experience..i have had this figure for a few years now..no problems with it being fragile at all..the body is fine..these figures came out with better paint apps then the SSC ones..the bodies were not one bit loose..see you are bashing this figure so bad yet, you ar not reading the trouble people are having with the SSC one?..weird weird weird...and the medicom has shine right out of the box..the armor being a bit soft..never detracted from the look of it being displayed at all..i am sure a small cod piece and a fat mans chest plate with a F/X looking bucket from SSC is just that much better right?, they have their pluses and minuses, one is import and the other is not..price varies because of this but, not this time...i am paying the same price for both figures in this case and i think..and truly believe the Medicom edges it out.

Back