Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Way to go. You say the pic of the HT figure isn't "particularly flattering to Schwarzenegger's likeness" and you follow that up by posting a pic that isn't "particularly flattering to Schwarzenegger's likeness" in PREDATOR. You know, the movie the figure is BASED ON. :duh

Try this:

pbluray362.jpg

3365249294_c7b0185d13_o.jpg

Post ANY figure of ANY real actor/actress and I guarantee you I can find some other pic of that same person (from a different time period) that will be unflattering to the head sculpt.

Bingo, DUTCH looks perfect. And it's not just the sculpt, is the craftsmanship, material and look of the outfit as well.

And as a sidenote: None of you get money or own stock in these companies so why do you care who's #1 or the best!? Just enjoy the products, regardless of who makes them.

:monkey3

It's be pretty boring here if we all agreed :lol

Dutch is going to kick all kinds of ass. HT really is the king of 1/6 figures... but Sideshow is still releasing some great stuff. And I think the Stormy and Snake Eyes are proof positive that Sideshow (while not #1) is still fighting the good fight.

I have no doubt a HT Stormtrooper would blow every version of the character that has ever been done. 2" 3 3/4" 5" 6" 9" 12" 1/4 scale and 1:1.

You hit the nail right on the head with that statement.

Hot toys Stormtrooper would, most certainly, blow.

(J/K...couldn't help but play with the verbiage)

I would love to see a Hot Toys Stormie - just cause its fun to compare. I am very happy with the SS one now that I found a real kick butt pose

And that Dutch figure looks incredible - I would never say otherwise. SS cannot touch that level yet - though they are getting (very slowly) closer.

Well, I was pretty stoked on my Stormtrooper, but when I put him in my display, I realized he won't stand up on his own. Mega :(

It seems like he's top heavy or something

Thats your experience..i have had this figure for a few years now..no problems with it being fragile at all..the body is fine..these figures came out with better paint apps then the SSC ones..the bodies were not one bit loose..see you are bashing this figure so bad yet, you ar not reading the trouble people are having with the SSC one?..weird weird weird...and the medicom has shine right out of the box..the armor being a bit soft..never detracted from the look of it being displayed at all..i am sure a small cod piece and a fat mans chest plate with a F/X looking bucket from SSC is just that much better right?, they have their pluses and minuses, one is import and the other is not..price varies because of this but, not this time...i am paying the same price for both figures in this case and i think..and truly believe the Medicom edges it out.

You see, that's not just my experience. Others have had the same. The Medi threads are full of posts about similar issues. And you're talking to someone who owns multiple figures of all four, Hasbro, Marmit, Medicom and Sideshow. I think I'm justified in saying I believe the Medicom isn't worth it nowadays. I also remember stating that Sideshow's wasn't perfect, but what they bring to the table is a considerably better offering overall, than what Medicom's does (I doubt we'd even be having this discussion if you'd paid full price for your Medi).

Way to go. You say the pic of the HT figure isn't "particularly flattering to Schwarzenegger's likeness" and you follow that up by posting a pic that isn't "particularly flattering to Schwarzenegger's likeness" in PREDATOR. You know, the movie the figure is BASED ON. :duh

Try this:

Post ANY figure of ANY real actor/actress and I guarantee you I can find some other pic of that same person (from a different time period) that will be unflattering to the head sculpt.

And as a sidenote: None of you get money or own stock in these companies so why do you care who's #1 or the best!? Just enjoy the products, regardless of who makes them.

:monkey3

I forgot. You can't post negative stuff about HotToys in these forums because they're the 2nd coming of Christ. :rolleyes: I'm not so closeminded as to think HT can do no wrong. Look closer at the pics. His face didn't change. HotToys headsculpt is a great likeness, I also remember saying that in the post, but the distance from the bottom of the brow to the top of the lips is smushed and the overall head is fatter than it should be. If you can't see that, say "hi" for me on Sunday to the TT God you worship. :lol

The Blaster is hardly "hasbro-like" for the medi-stormie..you sure you own one now?, and same for Medi-Luke..his saber is just about the same looking as my Jedi-SS-Luke..except you can attach the blade to Medicom Luke...but, generally there is no large difference in detail between the two sabers..the stormtrooper rifles from Medicom and SSC..while Medicom is black with some silver accents, the SSC blaster has more of a weathered look and a folding stock which makes it better but, you can't say the medicom is like a hasbro blaster..medicoms is to scale with the figure and looks fine..the Hasbro ones were huge..jeez man.

Are you sure YOU own a Medicom? My blasters, all 3, actually came bent in the plastic ala Hasbro. Great if your Stormies need to shoot around corners, but not so good in normal poses. Whereas Sideshow's blasters are made out of a completely different kind of plastic, have considerably more details and overall just look better. Again, I seriously doubt you'd even be bringing this up if you'd paid full price for your Medicom Stormy or if you even had all 4 (Hasbro's, Marmit's, Medicom's, and Sideshow's) to compare straight across. If you go back to the beginning of the thread, you'll actually see some hardcore Medicom collectors agreeing with me. This argument isn't about a company, or anyone's favorite, it's about the final product. And in the Stormtrooper game, when you look at all the figures right out of the box, Sideshow's won.

The Blaster is hardly "hasbro-like" for the medi-stormie..you sure you own one now?, and same for Medi-Luke..his saber is just about the same looking as my Jedi-SS-Luke..except you can attach the blade to Medicom Luke...but, generally there is no large difference in detail between the two sabers..the stormtrooper rifles from Medicom and SSC..while Medicom is black with some silver accents, the SSC blaster has more of a weathered look and a folding stock which makes it better but, you can't say the medicom is like a hasbro blaster..medicoms is to scale with the figure and looks fine..the Hasbro ones were huge..jeez man.

I think I know what i own. it's small, undersized for the gun it is, even with taking into account the smaller scale of the figure it was designed for. It's a solid chunk of plastic, that is sculpted nicely, but then, so is Hasblows. in addition, being made from a solid, unpainted chunk of plastic makes the medicom gun prone to warping, which is why it ( any bob fett's blaster too for that matter) have this odd 45 degree bend 1/2 way up the gun.

Amusingly, the Hasbro blasters, are made from two pieces of plastic sandwiched together which, on the grossly OVERSIZEd stormy blasters, makes them incredably sturdy, and not prone to warping. yay hasblow. :rolleyes:

in comparison, Sideshows guns are larger, more true to the british Stein gun the Stormy blaster was built off of. the Accents and parts are all separate pieces contributing to the overall realisim in the pice, not to forget, as you mentioned, the stock actualy folds.
Taking this a step farther, Sideshow accessories are usualy polystone and plastic, and are capinted, and weathered to give them amore realistic look.

Medicom lightsabers are just as bad. the hilts are fine, i have no complaints there, but the blades... ugh.... Far too big around, they look rediculous, allmost like a stick of cady help haphazardly in the hilt becuase it was designed ( poorly mind you) to be removeable from the hilt, and the piece that plugs into the hilt is far too short to properly support the blade, giving them the eventual tendancy to lean to one direction or the other, giving our jedi and sith " Limp" lightsabers.

I do not display any of my medicom figures with their medi weapons, I replace them with the sidesow equivilant. you may prefer the medi accessories, and that's fne, but side by side, they are inferior product.

One other thing That annoys the crap out of my about medi accessories are the damned Rubber and plastic belts.
What the Hell Medi? Granted, you can produce a belt that holds it look a little better in firm plastic, but have you ever tried to put, for example, Jango fett into a deep stance? 1/4th of the time, the straps on his holsters break from moving his frakking legs. I've re-glued those things more times than i care to think about. I dont even touch the figure any more now. I'm betting that Han's gunbelt will be the same. thankfully, i can just get a leather one from toyanxiety to replace it, as i did with My jedi luke.

Medicom has it's strong points, but it's accessories are definitely NOT it.

Amusingly, the Hasbro blasters, are made from two pieces of plastic sandwiched together which, on the grossly OVERSIZEd stormy blasters, makes them incredably sturdy, and not prone to warping. yay hasblow. :rolleyes:

I used to have a Hasbro 12" Stormtrooper got it in a trade and came with 2 E-11 blasters. The Hasbro blaster is almost the size of the Master Replicas 0.33 scaled Stormie blaster LOL

I do not display any of my medicom figures with their medi weapons, I replace them with the sidesow equivilant. you may prefer the medi accessories, and that's fne, but side by side, they are inferior product.
Medicom has it's strong points, but it's accessories are definitely NOT it.

Neither do I. I have SS blasters for my stormies, only the Royal Guard and Sandtrooper come with their own weapons. as for my 2 Vader figures I have them with un-ignited sabers: ROTJ Vader has it attached on the belt, the ROTS Vader has it in his hand in a similar pose with Gentle Giant 1st Vader statue.

Have we seen your "kick butt" pose? :)

Here is my 'kick butt' pose: :D:D:D

004-2.jpg

As you can see, I was heavily 'inspired' by fellow board members! :D

Of the two, the one on the left has very tight joints - the other one could not do that pose....but all-in-all, i am very, very happy with the SS Stormie - once chest armor is fixed.

Last edited:
Ok, so i am not getting something here..can one comic shop on Ebay have like 8 of these going on auction?..comic shops get to order lots of these Stormtroopers or what?, wholesale from SSC?.

Back