Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So are you using stands when displaying the Stormies?
By Jkno

I didn't, but I did tighten up the screws. I just used the stand for the helmet.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Play.com over here in the Uk have just knocked these back by another couple of weeks... I'm getting so impatient waiting for this fella.... I cant afford much at the moment and I've been saving for him.....

I NEEDS ME FIX!

Darn it! I am waiting for play.com to send me one to Oxnard. Its so frustrating watching and reading all about you guys in the US getting yours and as usual us in the UK have to wait ages. GGGrrrrr
:duh

Anybody got any refs of the actual back of the Spacetrooper? The airtanks or whatever they are?

Marmit did a prototype but I don't know if its accurate.

Hasbro released a 3 3/4" Space trooper with a pack that looks fairly decent. Worst case scenario there's always pause and zoom on the DVD during the Falcon's docking scene on the Death Star.

This is the best view I can see of them... If you sharpen it in photoshop, you might be able to gain a bit more detail.

jqooi8.jpg

107kg1i.jpg

Thanks!

Those cannisters look white in the movie but silver on the Marmit proto and the actual still of the guy in the suit. Looks like Marmit got the shape correct though.

marmit-spacetrooper-7.jpg

same here. After all these years I never knew those were different stormtroopers in that scene. (And I usually notice EVERYTHING)

Looked for some future to "polish my trooper" with today at Wal-Mart. The only thing I saw was "Pledge with Future Shine" floor polish. Is this the right stuff???

prod_future.jpg

Always loved those space troopers hanging out outside the docking bay. There are a few behind the scenes image I've seen before of the guy in the suit. I found one of them.

Hasbro just made one of these guys as well, which looks decently accurate, that could always be used for reference. In fact I think it even has this guy's face.

I can't imagine that furniture polish is good for the plastic. You're really better off gloss coating. Either removing all the armor bits and using a spray-on sealer like Testors or Krylon's clear coat, or picking up a bottle of Testors Model Masters Acryl Clear Gloss at you local hobby store. The Model Masters is really great stuff, btw.

Back