Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, the Imperial Stormtrooper made it's way up here today...
3371440817_f0a0feb88e_o.jpg

...and, wow! I've been admiring the endless streams of great shots of this figure in here, but nothing compares to how stunning it is right in front of you...

3371440795_f2a9507326_b.jpg

While I've enjoyed all of the futzing tips that folks have offered about getting this trooper looking really good, I haven't done anything yet but take the chest piece off and take the hairdryer to it to bend it in...this one was really sticking way out...the only other thing I may do is the velcro trick to keep it snug to the chest.

Don't think I'm gonna do the wax thing...I like the look it's got just fine. I'll probably take everything off and try to tighten the joints a bit too. The trooper stands okay unassisted, but the ankles are weak enough that I would'nt trust it to stay up while on display. And man, I plan on displaying this one front and center!

The only negative I have is the belt is damaged...it's missing one set on the pins that hold the gun holster onto the belt...but I'm sure Sideshow's customer service will be happy to help me out with that...

We've all been waiting since Sideshow got this license for some armored figures and I'd say they did a great job taking their time and getting it looking really good. I'll add more shots to the thread over the weekend...

...for those still waiting for their troops to arrive, you're in for a treat...for those who already added this soldier of the Empire to your ranks, now I see what all of the great fuss was about! Great figure!

Looked for some future to "polish my trooper" with today at Wal-Mart. The only thing I saw was "Pledge with Future Shine" floor polish. Is this the right stuff???

prod_future.jpg

Hey Billy Ray, like the name. That bottle is the exact bottle I'm using from Wal-mart to shine my s#@T. Good stuff.

Medibobafett.jpg

marmittiepilot.jpg

marmittiepilot2.jpg

sideshowstormtrprhelmetfuture.jpg

sideshowstormtrooperfuture.jpg

ggstorm2.jpg

So, apply this stuff with a fine brush yes?, then buff later?..no streaks at all?.

Looked for some future to "polish my trooper" with today at Wal-Mart. The only thing I saw was "Pledge with Future Shine" floor polish. Is this the right stuff???

prod_future.jpg

That's the stuff!

So, apply this stuff with a fine brush yes?, then buff later?..no streaks at all?.

You can apply with a brush or with an airbrush. Just apply one coat and let it dry before you apply any more coats. You don't want to leave brushstroke marks. Let it level out as it dries. NO need to buff.

I've been pushing this stuff in this thread since the get-go. I've used it for many years on my scale models and it has worked amazingly well. No harsh chemicals attacking the plastic, either. Will protect your figure from the dreaded "yellowing", since it blocks out UV rays.

That's the stuff!

You can apply with a brush or with an airbrush. Just apply one coat and let it dry before you apply any more coats. You don't want to leave brushstroke marks. Let it level out as it dries. NO need to buff.

I've been pushing this stuff in this thread since the get-go. I've used it for many years on my scale models and it has worked amazingly well. No harsh chemicals attacking the plastic, either. Will protect your figure from the dreaded "yellowing", since it blocks out UV rays.

Wa WaWee Wah! i will get a bottle today at walmart lol..thanks for the tips on applying.

Looks great! Eager to see your outdoor stuff with this one!

Well, the Imperial Stormtrooper made it's way up here today...
3371440817_f0a0feb88e_o.jpg

...and, wow! I've been admiring the endless streams of great shots of this figure in here, but nothing compares to how stunning it is right in front of you...

3371440795_f2a9507326_b.jpg

While I've enjoyed all of the futzing tips that folks have offered about getting this trooper looking really good, I haven't done anything yet but take the chest piece off and take the hairdryer to it to bend it in...this one was really sticking way out...the only other thing I may do is the velcro trick to keep it snug to the chest.

Don't think I'm gonna do the wax thing...I like the look it's got just fine. I'll probably take everything off and try to tighten the joints a bit too. The trooper stands okay unassisted, but the ankles are weak enough that I would'nt trust it to stay up while on display. And man, I plan on displaying this one front and center!

The only negative I have is the belt is damaged...it's missing one set on the pins that hold the gun holster onto the belt...but I'm sure Sideshow's customer service will be happy to help me out with that...

We've all been waiting since Sideshow got this license for some armored figures and I'd say they did a great job taking their time and getting it looking really good. I'll add more shots to the thread over the weekend...

...for those still waiting for their troops to arrive, you're in for a treat...for those who already added this soldier of the Empire to your ranks, now I see what all of the great fuss was about! Great figure!

I just got mine...No pics because my camera is broken. I love this figure...After minor futzing it rules...IMO, when you take the helmet off, don't put it downas far when you put it back on...The added neck makes for better proportion.

Folks are STILL going on about the codpiece? :rolleyes:

Ah well...

I'm really impressed with this figure...really cool. Haven't had a lot of time to futz so far this weekend, but here's a couple more shots...

3373270593_4774d8cf25_o.jpg

On patrol with Praji...
3373319213_896b853cef_o.jpg

Awesome pics as always JB. My first two stormies should be arriving next week as I just got the e-mail from my local on-line retailer that my order's arriving soon. Unfortunately the two I've got on order direct from SSC are still being held to ship with something else (IM MkIII).:monkey2 Oh well, my 1/6 Tantive IV hallway will have to wait a few more weeks... Keep the pics coming guys!

This is the best view I can see of them... If you sharpen it in photoshop, you might be able to gain a bit more detail.

jqooi8.jpg

107kg1i.jpg

I was rubbing my eyes when I spotted the SpaceTroopers in this scene only a couple of years back. Finally someone brought this up.

Its not difficult for Sideshow to make these guys.

Sideshow... can we have them please?:emperor

SSC should not waste time with a variant "space stormie" this is a stupid look i think..Snowtroopers should be the next armored figures or Jango or Boba..hell even a royal guard on a buck(to cut cost,and looseness lol) with some decent tailoring, would not mind that.

I agree that a Snowtroopr would be a good one to do next. And I like the idea of the Royal Guard on a buck...would make them a little taller than the Troopers on a pro too...

No. the buck seems to be retireing, it's a crotchety old man, and it needs its rest. Lit it die.

Yes but, until they fix the new body and get rid of the loose joints..i am not paying almost Hot Toys prices for a Royal Guard on a Pro body..hell to that!..i would just get a medicom one..but, like i said..buck would keep the cost down for that character that is just covered in a cloak anyway...and that way buying two would not cost a arm and a leg and great to put behind Palpatine or Vader.

SSC should not waste time with a variant "space stormie" this is a stupid look i think..Snowtroopers should be the next armored figures or Jango or Boba..hell even a royal guard on a buck(to cut cost,and looseness lol) with some decent tailoring, would not mind that.

I think they could do it. It's movie accurate, at least more than the Adidas Stormtrooper or Blackhole Stormtrooper. I also agree to make the Snowtrooper or Scout, well I agree with any kind of Imperial trooper since my focus are Imperials:stormtroo :peace

Thanks, guys....had a wacky weather day today...

"...Sideshow, come in...this is TK421...need extreme weather gear NOW!...over"
3376861244_87815052b1_o.jpg

Ready for those snow troopers now.... :)

Last edited:
Back