Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently came accross my disk cleaning up at home, I had Dark Forces, Rebel Assault 1 and 2 and Tie Fighter in a big multipack of LFL games.

I remember those, one even had Monkey Island and Indiana Jones & the Fate of Atlantis. Righteous. Anyway I don't think modern computers can even run those right? I mean anything past Windows 98 is FUBAR, right?

I remember those, one even had Monkey Island and Indiana Jones & the Fate of Atlantis. Righteous. Anyway I don't think modern computers can even run those right? I mean anything past Windows 98 is FUBAR, right?

Wow, had forgotten all about that series! May have to have a root around the spare room and have a look for those games. Used to love them. Anyone remember The Dig by Lucasarts?

Oh, and MF, those pics are great! Really need to find some ££ and get some Stormies...

Cheers,
Doug

Thanks, guys....had a wacky weather day today...

"...Sideshow, come in...this is TK421...need extreme weather gear NOW!...over"
3376861244_87815052b1_o.jpg

Ready for those snow troopers now.... :)

I'm definitely ready for a SnowTrooper or two. I would love to have a Scout Trooper as well. SS would be doing well if they made these their next two armored figures. My hunch though is that it might be a while before we see SnowTroopers.

I wish they would re-release Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis. One of my all time favorite games.

What's a good brand of gloss to apply to the Stormtrooper?

I have two. Gutted both helmets and got a couple HT sculpts to go underneath them. They are now everything I ever wanted in a Stormie. I'd say go for it Les.

I never got a SSC Stormtrooper. Should I? These pics make me want one.

I don't know Les, I've got very mixed feelings about this one.
Sometimes I look at it and frakking hate, other times I'm like "wow, what a cool Stormie".
It reminds me of how I felt when I got SST's Jedi Luke.
You know, it's one of those figures that never really blew me away, and the same happens with the SST Stormies...

Get one and check it out, see how it feels and looks in-hand. I can tell you that it's one of those figures that requires quite a deal of futzing and customizing to look good. You need to do some repainting, heating and bending, padding, you know, the works.

I hear you man, I thought the reason is for some kind of operatinf DRM crap. Some kind of Windows/Microsoft BS.

You can run most of these. Look for a freeware program called 'DOSBox". It's what I use to play my old 90's games, and works quite well!

I have one of these coming soon,hopefully..i check with the tracking # and it says the post office was notified of a parcel to be sent by the shipper..and that was on like the 20th..still says the same thing today..should i be worried?..maybe i am getting the once around?..is it common for people on Ebay to send info about a package to be sent to a post office without actually shipping it..to make the customer believe its coming and delay the 30day paypal money back thing?..has this happend before?..anyone know?.

I have had quite a few packages come from USPS where the status never changed from "shipper notified to expect parcel" until hours after I actually received the package.

I have had quite a few packages come from USPS where the status never changed from "shipper notified to expect parcel" until hours after I actually received the package.

Thanks for the input, i have never experienced this but..i fired a mail off to the seller..i am sure its probally just like how you suggested.

So... nobody out there up for casting Marmit cod-pieces? I suppose they would have to be modified, but still, they would look better than the SST ones...

I remember this place in B.C or somewhere..Chinook hobbies, they carried Stormtrooper armor kits for 1/6th scale figures..they looked like exact replicas of marmit..but, you just got the helmet and armor..maybe a body glove with it and that was it..this was years ago..i wonder where it came from..it was in a small box i think.

Back