Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can run most of these. Look for a freeware program called 'DOSBox". It's what I use to play my old 90's games, and works quite well!

Thanks Cryoguns, I am getting a new computer within the next month or so and hopefully this will run on Vista.

DOSbox huh?, i got to search for that now..i have Dark Forces 1+2, Rebel Assault 1+2 as well as Full Throttle and Xwing,Tie Fighter,Xwing vs Tie Fighter and Rebel Alliance i think its called(where you can use the falcon)..i so hated not being able to play these!..how this program works with vista.

A couple of quick pics:

IMG_7298.JPG

IMG_7302.JPG

He's really great! Mine had a loose right ankle and I tried the super glue trick. It helped, but it's still not enough to hold him up properly. Other than that it's been great having him among the rest of the gang!

I wish they would re-release Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis. One of my all time favorite games.

What's a good brand of gloss to apply to the Stormtrooper?

FOA is going to be unlockable on the upcoming Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings game for the Wii. Not sure if it will be included on other platforms though.

I think the most popular way of "buffiing your trooper" seems to be using Future...one of the tweaks on the list I still have yet to do. I did boil/reshape the chest armor and also secured the chest plate to the back with velcro. Both made a huge difference I must say.

Got my Stormtrooper today. Really surprised because i havnt gotten a tracking number. Gonna take him out of the box in a bit. Been busy with another package i got today :D

Saw the regular version of the Stormtrooper at Newbury Comics today after lunch. I can't believe how fast they had him on the shelves.
:chew

Saw the regular version of the Stormtrooper at Newbury Comics today after lunch. I can't believe how fast they had him on the shelves.
:chew

I know what you mean DarthTrafford. For us New Englanders this store is the best place to get these type of figs. The staff is also helpful incase you are looking for any upcoming items or if another store carries a certain fig. :D

Well, mines sitting at the post office, i can get it tomarrow and then start the mods..i did get a tracking number but, it was useless..never got updated online at all but, got here about 3-4 days after it was shipped from New York..i am quite satisfied.

Well, mines sitting at the post office, i can get it tomarrow and then start the mods..i did get a tracking number but, it was useless..never got updated online at all but, got here about 3-4 days after it was shipped from New York..i am quite satisfied.

You spent all that time trashing Sideshow's Stormtroopers in just about every Stormy thread here and you don't even have yours yet?! :thwak What a joke! :monkey1

Does anybody else think the stormies could be a bit taller?
Han is taller than my stormies... hell, even Ben seems to be the same size.
I wanted the stormies to look a bit more imposing.

Does anybody else think the stormies could be a bit taller?
Han is taller than my stormies... hell, even Ben seems to be the same size.
I wanted the stormies to look a bit more imposing.

You need more then. :lol I have 4 now (two went to Han/Luke customs) and I'm thinking about picking up a couple more to have 4 flanking Vader instead of 2. DAMN YOU SIDESHOW! :banghead :lol

You spent all that time trashing Sideshow's Stormtroopers in just about every Stormy thread here and you don't even have yours yet?! :thwak What a joke! :monkey1

Just because i do not have one(yet), does that mean someone i know does not also?..STFU!..most people on here its Sideshow or nothing..i just have the difference of opinion when i feel something is really not right with Sideshow stuff..don't take it to heart man..like i said..if they really cared about the line they would had done a equal or better job then the Gentle Giant bust, that has by far the best helmet sculpt thats close to 1/6th scale..."asymetrical"was the key to this figure being a let down for me and the small cup for a boy..but, aside from that..its a good figure..but, its no Old Ben Kenobi.

I can just imagine some of you guys measuring these things with a protractor. This hobby truly is for the anal-retentive. :monkey1

If you watched Star Wars a zillion times from 5yrs old to your 20's, you should know that sideshows is not asymetrical at all like the ones on screen in ANH..though Medicom never got this right also..but, i think the medicom looks pretty close to the ROTJ style helmets, the ANH from Sideshow looks like a F/X helmet some of the cos-players wear...but, its not exactly like them..just some things on the Sideshow are very similar to it...if you never had opinions about the stuff you pay lots of dough for..then why even collect it?..you sound like someone who would wear fake Air Jordans..cause no one is going to notice the flaws right?..suurree...i know for the SSC trooper i will be using a microscope to meassure the codpiece though..no protractors needed..ha.

Just because i do not have one(yet), does that mean someone i know does not also?..STFU!..most people on here its Sideshow or nothing..i just have the difference of opinion when i feel something is really not right with Sideshow stuff..don't take it to heart man..like i said..if they really cared about the line they would had done a equal or better job then the Gentle Giant bust, that has by far the best helmet sculpt thats close to 1/6th scale..."asymetrical"was the key to this figure being a let down for me and the small cup for a boy..but, aside from that..its a good figure..but, its no Old Ben Kenobi.

I dunno. To me, it just seems like you're just full of :dump and enjoy Libelling Sideshow.

Nah buddy..just no..i have all three Hasbro,Sideshow and Medicom..Medicom is far far more better in quality plastics then Hasbro..hell..Hasblow had holes punched on the shoulder armor..and it did not look like armor..was not even shiney like Medicoms..do you own them? because..i don't freakin get where your coming from at all.

another point, SSC Stormtrooper has some burrs on the ends of the armor pieces..depends on what you get though i guess..and i have i noticed very sloppy paint apps on it as well as paint marks in odd places of the armor..this is not mine i am going on about..just upon viewing pics and hearing from others.

Bottom line..i think the problem with both Vader and Stormtrooper from SSC is that they never went for the authentic non-symetrical helmet look..i mean hell my Gentle Giant Stormtrooper bust is perfect..why can't sideshow just scan the bloody thing and make a perfect trooper.

You seriously lack the foundation to be making the critiques you are as you don't even have one in your possession to compare :lol. And yes, it very well is up there with their Ben Kenobi with Vader looking to set a new bar.

Last edited:
Well, i do have it, bought and paid for and waiting for me at the post office, i pick it up tomarrow evening..i can even take pics for you and, leave you a nice message on paper in the pic if you would like?...haha..don't even dare try and question what i own and do not own, i freakin even asked if the seller was legit that i got it off on Ebay way back in this thread...or maybe your just all sore inside from the thread i started the other night about how some of your scummy republicans over there like to talk garbage about Canadians.

If you watched Star Wars a zillion times from 5yrs old to your 20's, you should know that sideshows is not asymetrical at all like the ones on screen in ANH..though Medicom never got this right also..but, i think the medicom looks pretty close to the ROTJ style helmets, the ANH from Sideshow looks like a F/X helmet some of the cos-players wear...but, its not exactly like them..just some things on the Sideshow are very similar to it...if you never had opinions about the stuff you pay lots of dough for..then why even collect it?..you sound like someone who would wear fake Air Jordans..cause no one is going to notice the flaws right?..suurree...i know for the SSC trooper i will be using a microscope to meassure the codpiece though..no protractors needed..ha.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiggggggghhhhhtttttttt.....

*gets out notebook and writes "not anal in the least"*

:lol

Back