Sideshow 12" Stormtrooper PICTURE THREAD

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woo-boy...

Anybody got some new pictures of the Stormtrooper to share?

My two are being delivered (hopefully) Friday. I had to cancel my other two that i had direct order from SSC-- just too much coin to spend with so much on the way. I'll have to make due with the two--and pics will be forthcoming once they arrive.

Anyone else with some cool shots?

Once I get my second neck adapter I'll have some shots of my Troopers Th'om (Cruis) and Mik'l (Schofield). :lol

Y'know until I became a member of this forum I had no idea of the differences between the stormies in each film. Nor the variances in Vaders helmet. Amongst other things. I've watched these movies all my life. I would not call myself unobservant and I do find I have attention to detail. I think I'm glad I don't have such a mind as others on this board. If you scrutinise anything long enough you find flaws. The world is not a perfect place so why should anything in it be so?

On the Carbon Freeze Platform awaitng Vader's test subject...
3385768943_b0875bde9f_b.jpg

Just havin' a little fun with this guy...

OMG, that picture is so innaccurrate, ESB stormtrooper helmets had this and that, and the other thing was over there :lol

Hahaha..well, it was the asymetrical shape that made the difference of price in the Master Replicas 1:1 scale helmet from LE to CE, LE being asymetrical as seen in the movies and CE being perfectly symetrical which was non-canon to the movies..the price difference was CE being about $120 and the LE screen accurate being $500+ and were in limited numbers..so, yea this crap i preach matters to a good amount of Star Wars collectors and theres nothing wrong with seening a apparent flaw that made the buckets so iconic in the first place..same goes for Vaders helmet...hey, its the same thing going on with the Jokers Hot Toys make..people are never satisfied it seems..the Sideshow one is good just not as good as it could had been...like this....
GGBust.JPG

Last edited:
Hahaha..well, it was the asymetrical shape that made the difference of price in the Master Replicas 1:1 scale helmet from LE to CE, LE being asymetrical as seen in the movies and CE being perfectly symetrical which was non-canon to the movies..the price difference was CE being about $120 and the LE screen accurate being $500+ and were in limited numbers..so, yea this crap i preach matters to a good amount of Star Wars collectors and theres nothing wrong with seening a apparent flaw that made the buckets so iconic in the first place..same goes for Vaders helmet...hey, its the same thing going on with the Jokers Hot Toys make..people are never satisfied it seems..the Sideshow one is good just not as good as it could had been...like this....
GGBust.JPG

You soooooooooo remind me of Agent5. FYI: By that pic, GG only got it half right! :lol

Great pics jedi bear - very similar lighting to the carbon freeze chamber and the flooring looks good too! :clap

Please more photos people! This is the photo thread ain't it? I would add photos but I'm a UK freak and ordered 2 x regs locally and wont be getting them for at least 2 more weeks!

Stop the slagging off and repetitively pointing out the same inaccuracies over and over and over again. I dont need to read all this poodoo!

Of course they aren't screen accurate - they are about 1/6 the size away from being screen accurate for starters!

To me, they look like stormies and I'm sure when I get them in hand and onto my display shelf - they will look superb. :rolleyes:

My stormie is here, he's out, and he's ready to be futzed and shot. In both senses of the word ;) I'm stoked!

You can run most of these. Look for a freeware program called 'DOSBox". It's what I use to play my old 90's games, and works quite well!

Off topic, but wanted to thank you for posting this! I downloaded DOSBox and am now finally able to play X-COM UFO Defense again! Crappy graphics and all, this game is still a load of fun...heck, even my 13 yr old was impressed with it. To think, I almost threw the game away a couple of days ago too.

Hahaha..well, it was the asymetrical shape that made the difference of price in the Master Replicas 1:1 scale helmet from LE to CE, LE being asymetrical as seen in the movies and CE being perfectly symetrical which was non-canon to the movies..the price difference was CE being about $120 and the LE screen accurate being $500+ and were in limited numbers..

I have both eFX Limited Edition Stormtrooper helmet and MR Collector's Edition helmet and it's not about the asymmetrical shape that made the MR/eFx version limited. The LE line was closer to the movie (still not 100% accurate either) and the CE line was supposed to be an idealized version of the Stormtrooper helmet. The materials used in the LE were far superior, the same with interior padding, lenses, paint, stand and plaque. So the asymmetrical shape (wonkiness) is not the only thing that made the LE what it is compared to the CE.

ipvd6w.jpg

141t89j.jpg

As for the Gentle Giant Stormie bust (I also have it - I'm an Imperials freak ;) ), I really don't like the microphones (the aerators as some of you call them), they are protruding outside like torpedo launchers - they should have been much shorter.

nezc8.jpg

I love my Medicom Stormtrooper as well I love the sideshow Stormie, and as I said before I don't have a favorite, both are great, but neither is perfect. Each has its own pros and cons. I'd like the SS Stormie to come with a better shaped armor directly from the factory so that you don't need to reshape it with the hair dryer. I would like the SS Stormie to have a more shiny armor, a better paint on the eyes (no Asian look), better looking (smaller) microphones or better joints.

But the SS Stormtrooper is a GREAT figure. Could it be better? Of course, some of the changes can be made by us, some don't. But I'm glad I got it and I'm also glad I have the RAH Stormie and BHS and I'm keeping all of them. Unfortunatley it is very hard to make a perfect product, the good thing about SS is that they tried. Can't wait until they make a Premium Format Stormtrooper

Back