Sideshow Angel Comiquette - Links to Waitlist and Buy Reg in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Angel is coming

Sideshow is putting out GREAT MARVEL SCULPTS...some of the best in the business BUT this whole erratic scale situation has really gotten out of control.

I wouldn't be suprised if Sideshow starts to lose some of it's MARVEL collectors.

and Archangel > Angel ... all day

Lose some customers for sure.

Sideshow is putting out GREAT MARVEL SCULPTS...some of the best in the business BUT this whole erratic scale situation has really gotten out of control.

I wouldn't be suprised if Sideshow starts to lose some of it's MARVEL collectors.

and Archangel > Angel ... all day

Numerous people have brought up this discussion about scale in the past and it seems to be going crazy in this thread right now.

As a general rule of thumb, PFs are 1/4 scale and comiquettes are 1/5 scale, EXCEPT for some comiquettes that are not conducive to the PF such as the Spidey comiquette trio, Silver Surfer, Namor, and the classic IM comiquettes which are all 1/4 scale.

So I am not sure why there is so much discussion/confusion over the scale of this piece. Sideshow says 1/5 scale, so I am willing to take them at their word. Once I get the product in hand, if it doesn't meet the product description (i.e. - scale), I'll return it for a full refund due to inaccurate advertising. Badda bing badda boom!

Silver Surfer was 1/4 scale?

Cool.. I guess that makes sense although Thor is huge in comparison to him...

Spidey, Venom, Carnage, Namor were the only 1/4 comiquettes in my collection.

Hulk and IronMan HulkBuster were clearly 1/6th.. and Thanos has to be 1/6 or 1/7.. he's tiny.

BTW Is it just me or is the Black Cat PF 1/5? Shes tiny compared to Ms Marvel.

BTW I think the measurements are accurate even though they are not scaled correctly. The only thing that changes that I've noticed is the shipping weight. Black Cat for instance weighs 25 lbs. On the website it says 10lbs. Same with Hulk Comiquette etc etc. Black Panther came out to roughly 15lbs.

I'd say the X-23 comiquette was closer to 1/4 as well which was a bit bizarre considering the other X coms to be 1/5. Not that i'm complaining, love my X-23

Silver Surfer was 1/4 scale?

Cool.. I guess that makes sense although Thor is huge in comparison to him...

Spidey, Venom, Carnage, Namor were the only 1/4 comiquettes in my collection.

Hulk and IronMan HulkBuster were clearly 1/6th.. and Thanos has to be 1/6 or 1/7.. he's tiny.

BTW Is it just me or is the Black Cat PF 1/5? Shes tiny compared to Ms Marvel.

never closely compared it with any of my other PF's but she looks to be 1/4 scale, and she is leaning a bit also. either way she's a great looking piece :clap

Angel still isn't sold out. Low Quantity alert isnt even up yet :monkey1 how do you figure this one would take to sell out? :impatient:

I'm still on the fence about this one. I keep thinking about waiting for archangel, but then check out the awesome wingspan and EX sculpt, and almost pull the trigger.

Actually, if I'm on the fence about something, I'm going to follow my own advice and just pass. All about it or not about it.

maybe people are being more prudent and restricting themselves on spending. Perhaps space is becoming a major issue with so many releases over the years . Or all the debate over scale has made it to confusing for people to decide which way to go

If there's something that doesn't get me confused over which way to go than it is the debate over scale. I'm the only one getting myself confused. Not others. Collect what YOU like. Not what others like.

My thoughts exactly. Collect what u like. Just seems people find a reason or are bullied into doing the opposite. not that i am bring that arguement up again. end of story. Ordered.

Reason I brought up scale again was because 20" seems short for a 1/5 figure in that pose. Just as 100" would seem tall for a 1/5 figure in any pose (unless they were atop an 80" pole) :dunno

SS has made mistakes with dimensions in the past, most recently with the Predator LSB; so I was wondering if perhaps there's a mistake here too (some peeps were talking about this comiquette being 26", after the preview went up. Guess that seems a little far-fetched now)

I'm not confused about the fact that I love this piece; however that love does not necessarily preclude the scale involved. :lecture:lecture

I actually ordered this on Thursday, for the record. I'm still waiting to see any mistakes were made in the dimensions

I think the 20" is measured from the head to base. I think SSC made a mistake with the height. Based on the wing span being 29", if u rotate it to the height (up & down), it looks to be 24"

I'm leaning your way of thinking on this piece. I have a good feeling that this piece is bigger than 20" tall. Sideshow my be off with the listed height, but they are not usually that of point with their listings. At least that from my two yrs of buying their product.

I'm leaning your way of thinking on this piece. I have a good feeling that this piece is bigger than 20" tall.

This piece is bigger then they say it is when u put the apple with Colossus who is 17". Their is at least 6-7" difference in height. I think people will be kicking themselves later for not getting it when the true height is revealed.

Last edited:

Numerous people have brought up this discussion about scale in the past and it seems to be going crazy in this thread right now.

As a general rule of thumb, PFs are 1/4 scale and comiquettes are 1/5 scale, EXCEPT for some comiquettes that are not conducive to the PF such as the Spidey comiquette trio, Silver Surfer, Namor, and the classic IM comiquettes which are all 1/4 scale.

So I am not sure why there is so much discussion/confusion over the scale of this piece. Sideshow says 1/5 scale, so I am willing to take them at their word. Once I get the product in hand, if it doesn't meet the product description (i.e. - scale), I'll return it for a full refund due to inaccurate advertising. Badda bing badda boom!

My point :exactly:!

Back