Sideshow Angel Comiquette - Links to Waitlist and Buy Reg in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Angel is coming

So I joked about the blue paint issue earlier, but in all seriousness, if you have paid an NRD on something and they decide to tweak a sculpt or change paint hues before it releases for the worse, are we eligible for refunds or are they free to make adjustments somewhere in some fine print?

yes. Sideshow will give you the opportunity to cancel IF there have been changes made to the statue. Typically theres a deadline and they inform you via email. They are rather reasonable in that manner. They offered a refund on the CYCLOPS NRD PF... as a consoliation for my Black Panther mix up... but I pretty much intend on keeping my preorders. The only one Im on the fence with right now is the Daredevil Comiquette. Its 24" tall but it looks 1/6 scale..

Give or take the angle of the photo it looks like from his HEAD to toes is about 13.5" making him more like 1/6 scale, from WING tip to toes is about 16", I really Ihope I did the math on that wrong, that's way out of even 1/5 scale

angel.jpg

Good work, 13.5" not even 1:5 scale.

One final Scale comparison Mock-up...

200118press05005.jpg

Even with this, the height from the chest at the 17" mark of colossus head, to the wing tip doesn't look like it would be 3 Inches, more like 6.

I Give Up, Off to bed i go.

With this photoshop he looks to be the size of colossus and if thats true theres no issues here I saw the colossus in a local comic shop and is a preety decent size! If hes ateast 16 inches im happy esp with the wingspan on 29 inchs i dunno where ima put him:yess:!

I was very, very close to preorder an EX Angel, but I just couldn't stomach the 1/5th scale. I will hold out for the inevitable 1/4th Archangel. Grats to those who ordered this, it still is an incredible statue and will probably be the best Angel statue on the market.

Whatever, it's still a pass for me.Oh, and Archangel FTMFW!:winner

151053_180236855326052_137679822915089_660733_2535842_n.jpg

:exactly:

well how big is the apple? it looks like angel is a little bit higher than the apple's tip height.

Sideshow is putting out GREAT MARVEL SCULPTS...some of the best in the business BUT this whole erratic scale situation has really gotten out of control.

I wouldn't be suprised if Sideshow starts to lose some of it's MARVEL collectors.

and Archangel > Angel ... all day

It's posted in there website as 1:5. I'm confident that 20" is a mistake.

I think 20" is a mistake too - I did a scale comparison with Hobgoblin (16 inches) and the apple earlier today to work out if the actual character was big enough and the height of the statue including the wings was around 25".
Angel is 6' neat so at 1/4 scale he is 18". At 1/5 he is 14.4".
From heel to head I have Angel measured at around 16 inches.
So he is about half way between 1/4 and 1/5 scale like alot of the comiquettes have been...Too skinny and too short.
So close yet so far :thud:

:gah::gah::gah::gah::gah::gah::gah:

hangel.jpg

Yeah how hard is it with all the months of development to get the height of the ____ing thing recorded accurately? The Predator LSB was quoted at 13 inches at launch and later changed to 16.5...

It is really ridiculous that they don't know how to use a tape measure. It's funny about the predator lsb because when I was looking at the pics I was saying to myself that there is NO way that that piece is only 13" tall!!

the whole measurement/scale thing is sad on SS part - but I would suggest done so purposefully.

the whole measurement/scale thing is sad on SS part - but I would suggest done so purposefully.

obviously...if they put the right measurements out there first off, that would be a dead giveaway for the people that want iniformity. if they keep the mystery up with it, they'll get those "just in case" pre orders

Back