Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, all SSC's and HT's batteries are pre-installed. Batteries for Vader are in the locations you mention, except batteries for belt and chest lights are in the back of the belt, itself, not the back of the figure.

I had to unscrew the cover to remove the plastic covering on mine. Once you do that, put the cover back on, flip the switch and you should be good-to-go.

Here is some quick pics of how I have him now, Pretty much just replaced my ANH version. Put the unmasked Anakin head on the ANH version and have him doing the Mythos Statue Pose with the light up base etc.

1558374_10152157277704663_857378383_n.jpg

1689093_10152157278034663_830100598_n.jpg

1551677_10152157278169663_939624415_n.jpg

I had to unscrew the cover to remove the plastic covering on mine. Once you do that, put the cover back on, flip the switch and you should be good-to-go.

Yep, all SSC's and HT's batteries are pre-installed. Batteries for Vader are in the locations you mention, except batteries for belt and chest lights are in the back of the belt, itself, not the back of the figure.

Thanks fellas!

Here is some quick pics of how I have him now, Pretty much just replaced my ANH version. Put the unmasked Anakin head on the ANH version and have him doing the Mythos Statue Pose with the light up base etc.

Your helmet looks a lot higher than mine Rez.
Might be just the photos, but i don't think so, the gap between the edge of the helmet and the top of the eye seems a lot bigger on yours..

Your helmet looks a lot higher than mine Rez.
Might be just the photos, but i don't think so, the gap between the edge of the helmet and the top of the eye seems a lot bigger on yours..

Is that good or bad? :lol This is right out of the box and quickly futzed I didnt get a lot of time with it since I had to get my boy off the bus, going back to it for more hands on later tonight.

Cool pose and pics. Where's that base from?

Thanks! That base is a Sideshow Diorama. Reactor Station Alpha. Its not screen accurate but it does the job. :)

I used to have that poster! I probably still do rolled up in my Mother's house somewhere. I bought it on opening night of ESB and had it tacked on my wall for the longest time! I do remember that I had to re-pin it several times because the holes kept tearing. So those corners probably look like swiss cheese!

That's cool. :cool:

I don't remember seeing it before today. I was just searching for a left-handed Vader!

Finally, got mine yesterday! Apart from the broken tusk which i took care of it with a dab of glue. This time I've seen something concerning...

Is it just mine (isolated case) or anyone encountered this asymmetry? If someone could be kind to post a close up shot of his Vader's head, greatly appreciate it. Guess I can ask SSC a replacement for this, right? But honestly this is quite unacceptable considering we're paying premium for this Vader!!!

*not sure how the image will turn out to be once I'll submit this post o' mine. So pardon if the image is HUGE!

Attachments

• IMG_2197_asymmetry.jpg
    IMG_2197_asymmetry.jpg
    1.1 MB
I think mine is out for delivery today! I'm so excited to see what condition he'll be in! 😉

Finally, got mine yesterday! Apart from the broken tusk which i took care of it with a dab of glue. This time I've seen something concerning...

Is it just mine (isolated case) or anyone encountered this asymmetry? If someone could be kind to post a close up shot of his Vader's head, greatly appreciate it. Guess I can ask SSC a replacement for this, right? But honestly this is quite unacceptable considering we're paying premium for this Vader!!!

*not sure how the image will turn out to be once I'll submit this post o' mine. So pardon if the image is HUGE!

Nice pic, but yeah that's glued on incorrectly to one side... Jesus..

What else could they possibly have done? They're very clear on their website that they don't consider damage to the packaging to be their responsibility. You should've just ponied up the lousy $10.00 for a pack-out and all your concerns would've been addressed now. Looking forward to you selling it so you'll stop posting about your 'bad experience' with Sideshow. *rolls eyes*
But no one wants to buy it! Come on guys, £250 including free shipping in the UK.

Got Vader today and took a few quick shots, and all is well with QC issues :clap I have to say that I really like the box style and artwork, excellent work SSC!

Vader fist.jpg
Vader kneeling 2.jpg

Nice pic, but yeah that's glued on incorrectly to one side... Jesus..

Thanks! Exactly what my thoughts are. Just got off the phone with Tesa and was told to shoot 'em an email with some pix attached... Then she'd forward my concerns with their Returns department. Hopefully, I'd get to hear from 'em the soonest! Since all these delays making me feel a bit short changed!

Have a great weekend, guys!

I've noticed in many official SS and member photos that they display Vader holding his lightsaber in his left hand. Is it something to do with the grip as he is right handed?

its because Vader only has the "I'm your father" hand for the right but he has light saber grip hands for both sides.

Gift option????

I'm not sure what that is. Are you talking about the way I paid?

Sideshow has managed to address 2 out of 3 of my issues. They cannot replace the damaged packaging, but will replace the cape and the crooked head. I hate having to destroy the old parts, and they were happy to offer me a $35 credit note towards my next purchase. The only problem is I will NOT be buying from Sideshow again after this bad experience. I could trim the cape and live with the crooked head. As I am planning to sell it, I'm not sure I can resell it like it is.
The exclusive version is never worth that much for me to have to risk damage to the packaging and incurring a massive customs and handling charges.

Why won't you buy from Sideshow now? Are you saying you won't buy their products or just from them in general?

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Back