Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree, bad QC is bad. Cheap manufacturing techniques are bad. I have issues with the figure and I don't think I'm making excuses.

I also think that a lot of people that have zero problems aren't motivated to post because their figure meets expectations. It's always a good motivator to join the discussion when you have an issue.

We are a small percentage of the people that have bought this item too, so a poll would be a sample of customers here (that post) rather than the entirety of the customer base.

If I buy from a local seller, do I still have to get replacements for possible broken/missing parts from Sideshow or is that handled by the local seller? Does anybody have experience with how these things are usually taken care of?

If I buy from a local seller, do I still have to get replacements for possible broken/missing parts from Sideshow or is that handled by the local seller? Does anybody have experience with how these things are usually taken care of?

I'd imagine you'd have to go through your local seller who would then deal with Sideshow or whatever supplier they use. As I'm using a UK seller I'm worried about this too as I'd imagine it won't be as easy to get a replacement having not gone direct through Sideshow.

If I recall, someone earlier in the thread with a bit more knowledge about the screen used costume said that what you see there is the inner lining of the cape showing, so the actual costume was un-hemmed for drape too.

No, there was an actual hem on the bottom of the cape. It's most visible in Empire when Vader walks past the Imperials in the trench grumbling about the bounty hunters Vader brought on board.
And for the accuracy nuts out there, here's a real mind-blower: Check out the scene as Vader makes his way through the Rebel base on Hoth. His tunic only goes to his knees.

And for the accuracy nuts out there, here's a real mind-blower: Check out the scene as Vader makes his way through the Rebel base on Hoth. His tunic only goes to his knees.

PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nooooooo!!!!

No, there was an actual hem on the bottom of the cape. It's most visible in Empire when Vader walks past the Imperials in the trench grumbling about the bounty hunters Vader brought on board.

Oooh, showing a bit of leg!

saucyvader.jpg~original

I just received my Darth Vader and after a quick inspection it looks great! I have a question about the articulation in the legs though. When I bend the legs back they turn at an angle inward. I thinking they made it this way on purpose, but just want to make sure.

I get hit every time by Fed Ex, I set up an account so I don't have to pay the $10 processing charge...but Fed Ex screws up the taxes everytime and over charges. It took 18 days last time to get it corrected. I really wish SSC would offer another shipping choice for Canada.
How quickly do they send you the charges? I got my delivered 5 days ago and still no invoice for fees? Have I been lucky and avoided any charges?

FedEx sometimes takes 2 or 3 months to bill me. It makes keeping track of charges extra fun. This is with a FedEx account mind you.

Vader arrived today and I'm for the most part happy with it however the cape has fraying on the bottom. Sideshow needs to step up their QC because this isn't acceptable for a $250 figure. It looked like someone used dull scissors to cut it. I'm not even going to bother getting it exchanged because I plan to have it hemmed to give it a more finished look.

Anyways back to the good stuff

Pics of the cape for those who are interested.

Great pics other than the cape plastik. Similar set up to mine. He looks great next to Boba Fett.

I've noticed in many official SS and member photos that they display Vader holding his lightsaber in his left hand. Is it something to do with the grip as he is right handed?

Back