Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've noticed in many official SS and member photos that they display Vader holding his lightsaber in his left hand. Is it something to do with the grip as he is right handed?

I'm thinking these people may have watched the movies from the back side of the projection screen. ;)

Sideshow has managed to address 2 out of 3 of my issues. They cannot replace the damaged packaging, but will replace the cape and the crooked head. I hate having to destroy the old parts, and they were happy to offer me a $35 credit note towards my next purchase. The only problem is I will NOT be buying from Sideshow again after this bad experience. I could trim the cape and live with the crooked head. As I am planning to sell it, I'm not sure I can resell it like it is.
The exclusive version is never worth that much for me to have to risk damage to the packaging and incurring a massive customs and handling charges.

Fixed.

DVChoke.jpg vader.jpg

Call Sideshow, the one on the right has droopy saber.

Last edited:
Sideshow has managed to address 2 out of 3 of my issues. They cannot replace the damaged packaging, but will replace the cape and the crooked head. I hate having to destroy the old parts, and they were happy to offer me a $35 credit note towards my next purchase. The only problem is I will NOT be buying from Sideshow again after this bad experience. I could trim the cape and live with the crooked head. As I am planning to sell it, I'm not sure I can resell it like it is.
The exclusive version is never worth that much for me to have to risk damage to the packaging and incurring a massive customs and handling charges.

If SSC will ship you the new stuff for free which I take for granted that they will, you can't get any more customs fees surely? If the shipping company is that stupid and don't know how it works you call customs, explain the situation get a single page form to fill, scan it and send it to Sideshow to add to the shipping papers. You don't have to pay more duty or tax for a warranty repair or replacment or even upgrade of equipment as long as it's free and not something you pay for, I'm not sure what it is called in the UK, but I'm certain it's the same rules all over the EU. I mean if we in Sweden have this option I'm sure every other country on the globe has it. Sweden enjoys taxing it's citizens more than any other country on the planet except for perhaps Denmark.

Geez, all these QC issues, I'm almost afraid to open the box. :horror

I get mine today but now EXPECT damage, good thing I got it from SSC.

Sweden enjoys taxing it's citizens more than any other country on the planet except for perhaps Denmark.

I must come in defence of Italy as a contender for the title! (also we're surely much better than you when it's time to waste the collected money) I can assure we have no tax-free option, no gifts or free items whatsoever. Once I even ended up paying more money for custom duties than for the item itself ( which was shipped for free, actually).

Just realized two-sabred Vader was by the wonderful Boris Vallejo.

That's too funny that you posted that pic - it made me remember that I have that poster stored in an old plastic sleeve behind a book case in my office. I just went and looked at it and discovered my 1976 King Kong poster as well.:lol I really have to get that ESB poster in a frame at some point.

:duff

What else could they possibly have done? They're very clear on their website that they don't consider damage to the packaging to be their responsibility. You should've just ponied up the lousy $10.00 for a pack-out and all your concerns would've been addressed now. Looking forward to you selling it so you'll stop posting about your 'bad experience' with Sideshow. *rolls eyes*

Random question b/c I haven't had time to read through every page yet. Are the batteries for the light up features already installed? Moving in a few months so won't take mine out of the packaging other than for inspection and might go ahead and remove the batteries to play it safe.

Appreciate your input on if they are preinstalled and if so, where all I need to remove from. Stand, helmet stand, and back of figure?

Just realized two-sabred Vader was by the wonderful Boris Vallejo.

159033430562443575_QcUUr7wJ_c.jpg

I used to have that poster! I probably still do rolled up in my Mother's house somewhere. I bought it on opening night of ESB and had it tacked on my wall for the longest time! I do remember that I had to re-pin it several times because the holes kept tearing. So those corners probably look like swiss cheese!

Random question b/c I haven't had time to read through every page yet. Are the batteries for the light up features already installed? Moving in a few months so won't take mine out of the packaging other than for inspection and might go ahead and remove the batteries to play it safe.

Appreciate your input on if they are preinstalled and if so, where all I need to remove from. Stand, helmet stand, and back of figure?
Yep, all SSC's and HT's batteries are pre-installed. Batteries for Vader are in the locations you mention, except batteries for belt and chest lights are in the back of the belt, itself, not the back of the figure.

Back