Sideshow ESB/ROTJ Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I'm finally done with my Vader for the time being (i.e., until better replacement parts like HT are on the market). I'm quite happy with him now, especially considering he's 99% Sideshow (except for the midsection joint).
Of course I forgot to turn on his lights until half was through the photoshoot, and only noticed the fingerprints until seeing the shots on the computer, but oh well, I couldn't be bothered to retake them.

IMG_1754_2_small.jpg

IMG_1761_2_small.jpg

IMG_1747_2_small.jpg

IMG_1741_2_small.jpg

IMG_1767_2_small.jpg

IMG_1769_2_small.jpg

IMG_1795_2_small.jpg

IMG_1798_2_small.jpg

Amazing shot bud!!, and this particular shot me likey soo much!!! Hehehe

Yeah looking awesome, just the red's a bit too strong. Looks almost like he's got rose-colored glasses on, just dial it back a touch.

Fantasic pics agonistes86, you Vader looks phenomenal, there's no doubt Sideshow's Vader can be made to look very good with minimal effort. Still very satisfied with mine. HT will have to do a lot to get me to buy another Vader.

Great pics agonistes86. I love the pics of Vader with Poppa Palpatine. Nice work.

Those pictures are actually pretty good. Well done.

Amazing shot bud!!, and this particular shot me likey soo much!!! Hehehe

Thanks, guys.

Yeah looking awesome, just the red's a bit too strong. Looks almost like he's got rose-colored glasses on, just dial it back a touch.

Thanks. The red is much more prominent in the shots than in real life. The stark contrast to the white face makes it hard to capture on camera, and with increased contrast and color saturation in the shots it pops out a bit too much.

Fantasic pics agonistes86, you Vader looks phenomenal, there's no doubt Sideshow's Vader can be made to look very good with minimal effort. Still very satisfied with mine. HT will have to do a lot to get me to buy another Vader.

Thanks, King. I used those shots of yours as reference when lowering the dome on mine. :duff I agree that with minor effort the figure can already be improved greatly. In the end I did modify the body underneath quite a bit, like shortening the forearms, thickening the arms, replacing the midsection with a smaller one, and stuffing the crotch (giggity), but all the sculpted armour parts, bodysuit, and robes were left untouched, they just needed proper futzing.

]Hey Guys ,

I did a slight modification my Vader , I exchanged the new body suit for the older sideshow one and I am very happy with it . I didn't waste the older figure so don't worry , I added the spare helmet dome to the older Sideshow figure and he looks perfect . This is a pic of the new Vader with the old Sideshow Jump Suit . I think it looks very accurate now, I am happy with the height and I modded the helmet dome to angle down more. I am not convinced by the hot toys one yet , I think the dome on the Hot Toys one looks kinda squashed on top . I am sure they will fix it, but my arm will have to be severely twisted to but it when this one is excellent. The accessories , display options , hands, spare head etc etc etc , Hot Toys needs to start adding these extras to their releases because they are charging too much cash otherwise. If this new Vader only comes with hands and a light sabre. Iam noty buying it .

071.jpg

10848873_831009760254527_6593179233684348384_o.jpg

10697412_831009793587857_2513571458650596514_o.jpg

Looks good. No other mods to the body or suit? Looks like it fits better in the groin.

No just the body suit , I also lowered the dome a little , but not too much . I m not sure the photo I took I had already lowered the dome when I took the photo .

The groin area might a tiny bit of padding , but not too much . I thought that as soon as that old sideshow suit is on this one its perfect . Even the stitching on the gloves lines up perfectly with the suit . The suit that comes with the deluxe figure is horrible and very in accurate . I am not even sure why sideshow changed it , it was perfect to begin with .

Sideshow set a decent standard for a fully accessoirized figure. But for an accurate Vader HT still has a chance!

My theory:

Figure companies are reluctant to ship "flawed" figures (assymetrical helmets) because most normal collectors will believe it to be a malfunction.

Discuss.

o6xljb.jpg

Still love it with the current mods.

Helmet is full reveal extensively modded. Mid section replaced and padded. Forearms thickened. Neckpost lowered. Glove modded for right handed "join me" posing.

]Hey Guys ,

I did a slight modification my Vader , I exchanged the new body suit for the older sideshow one and I am very happy with it . I didn't waste the older figure so don't worry , I added the spare helmet dome to the older Sideshow figure and he looks perfect . This is a pic of the new Vader with the old Sideshow Jump Suit . I think it looks very accurate now, I am happy with the height and I modded the helmet dome to angle down more. I am not convinced by the hot toys one yet , I think the dome on the Hot Toys one looks kinda squashed on top . I am sure they will fix it, but my arm will have to be severely twisted to but it when this one is excellent. The accessories , display options , hands, spare head etc etc etc , Hot Toys needs to start adding these extras to their releases because they are charging too much cash otherwise. If this new Vader only comes with hands and a light sabre. Iam noty buying it .

071.jpg

10848873_831009760254527_6593179233684348384_o.jpg

10697412_831009793587857_2513571458650596514_o.jpg

Looks great. I picked up a SSC ANH jumpsuit on eBay for $18 (!) and just need some time to get it on him. I'm not planning any other mods though.

The torso-ectomy is intriguing because it looks like it completely fixes the height issue but I'm not that skilled to attempt it.

Back