Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Han Solo is an early production piece at the show. Same with the Taun taun. Luke is not.

Just FYI for y'all.

-SideshowAlex

Thanks for the info Alex.

Can you confirm what many people here are saying that hot toys is displaying their products with sideshow parts on purpose to make them look bad? Is there a sideshow bias in the media? Is it true that sideshow and Castro are behind the Cuban missile crisis? Is Hoffa buried under sideshow headquarters in California? Did Sideshow shoot JR from Dallas? Did Sideshow kiss Alice's grits? Why did Sideshow shoot Ralphie's eye out? Did Sideshow have sexual relations with that woman? Why did Sideshow eat the apple in Eve's garden? Did Sideshow really promote and sign Justin Bieber? Will hot toys go out of business for selling sideshow products? Seems to be the popular opinion. :monkey4

Sorry Alex...rough time at work and need to vent over idiotic statements.

Last edited:
Han Solo is an early production piece at the show. Same with the Taun taun. Luke is not.

Just FYI for y'all.

-SideshowAlex

Thanks for responding, SideshowAlex (I pm'ed her earlier for confirmation of the above info.) Your input and answers in this forum is always really appreciated.

And... WOW... that's pretty amazing news re: Han Solo.:yess: We have ourselves a winner.:clap

Now I'm wondering if I should have also gotten the brown coat Han in case I miss the Toy Anxiety part-out.:lol

Thanks for the info Alex.

Can you confirm what many people here are saying that hot toys is displaying their products with sideshow parts on purpose to make them look bad? Is there a sideshow bias in the media? Will hot toys go out of business for selling sideshow products? Seems to be the popular opinion. :monkey4

Sorry Alex...rough time at work and need to vent over idiotic statements.

We love Hot Toys and what they produce and Hot Toys has always been just as kind regarding our collectibles, not sure why their's this odd tension within parts of the sixth scale communities that causes a Hot Toys VS Sideshow type of mentality. I would think it's nice that there are all sorts of collectible options for folks and that they can rejoice with diverse items they can have for their shelves (I know I would personally love such variety for some items that I collect (Dark Crystal, Legend, Army of Darkness, Evil Dead, among others) but frankly what I collect is not large like Star Wars, so there is pretty much 0 to VERY little new items to be gotten). But I suppose this is the way of the interwebs and many of the passionate collectors that inhabit it. :)

-SideshowAlex

We love Hot Toys and what they produce and Hot Toys has always been just as kind regarding our collectibles, not sure why their's this odd tension within parts of the sixth scale communities that causes a Hot Toys VS Sideshow type of mentality. I would think it's nice that there are all sorts of collectible options for folks and that they can rejoice with diverse items they can have for their shelves (I know I would personally love such variety for some items that I collect (Dark Crystal, Legend, Army of Darkness, Evil Dead, among others) but frankly what I collect is not large like Star Wars, so there is pretty much 0 to VERY little new items to be gotten). But I suppose this is the way of the interwebs and many of the passionate collectors that inhabit it. :)

-SideshowAlex

You would think.

Have a great holiday Alex. I've never seen a company as collector friendly as you guys.

And yet we light bonfires and fireworks every year celebrating the idea.

It wasn't even his plot. He was the stooge guarding the gunpowder, not one of the planners. He's remembered because he was the first caught. History... go figure.:dunno:lol

I captured a still of the "early production" Han from Budget Stark's video:

The prototype for comparison:

2134-captain-han-solo-hoth-003.jpg

Yeah, looks pretty good.

VASITH - I think folks were half joking when they were making 'claims' about HT using SSC parts, & I was one of them. :lol

I'm gonna get hate for this but I think it looks like a Team America doll. Has the same "face hit with a shovel" glassy eyed Nathan Drake "look", although the quality seems much higher (for now). Outfit looks great though.

Last edited:
Back