Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a long way from "not as good as HT" to "as bad as Drake.

No, but we are getting it with Hoth Luke.

Sure, but with Sideshow you never know which you're going to get... they're kind of like a ****** box of chocolates that way. I know I won't get HT, but I might get Drake... not an appetizing prospect.

And I do think Hoth Luke is worth the money, if everything comes out the way it should (good paint, solid body, well tailored, working accessories, etc.) but from their track record at least one or more of these will be problematic. And then you start chipping away at that value.

I'd mentioned it in the Plissken thread... but I was initially pretty happy with the v2 of Cobra Commander. Head was a bit oversized, but doable. But then I come to find his ****ing knees didn't bend... so I had a $175 figure that could only be posed with straight legs. It's that kind of stuff that makes it hard to be confident in Sideshow or excited about their rising costs.

No doubt they can put together a prototype as good or better than any other company, they just can't mass produce it :lol

I will be impatiently waiting for the in-hand pictures of whichever Hoth man show up first. If I get one, I'd get both... so if there's a problem, I'd hope it happens with the first... otherwise I'll be PO'd.

Because for the price of Han/Luke Hoth I could have the better part of a likely stellar Ben and Vader.

I don't think you'll get a Hoth Luke from HT with three heads for $240.

You can however get a bare-bones Luke X-Wing from SSC for that.

That head looks like a TRU toy. Or the fancy cap for a kiddie shampoo bottle.

If Han's head looks like that for $200, I'm done with Sideshow 1/6th. I just have to be.
Yep. Could see the Hoth Rebel stuff getting slashed and dumped @ Spooktacular, unless the headsculpts are a pleasant surprise.

You just sent a chill down my spine. If these figs were in the $130 range I guess I would be less worried. I should be happy they were "mid period" prices and not $240 each.

I was just thinking that. I have a Captain America bootleg head sculpt that cost $25 and it has HT quality paint.

pixeltwin just called a hitman. Watch your back, Jack.:lecture

I think the only reason Hoth is so popular among the fans is all the bitchin' stuff the Empire has in those scenes. The rebels have what, the Snowspeeder and K-3PO that looks kinda cool?

If I was a mod you would have been kicked off these forums for saying that - bam!:lol

:goodpost::exactly: Glad to hear it man, I can't believe the cult like following SS gets on here sometimes, just look at the Plisskin video review people are starting to sound like those A$$ kissers on Da Bomb Show. Except they aren't even getting free figures from SS :lol

Well, it is called SIDESHOW FREAKS.:rotfl

Cultists and asskissers.

This was secretly taken at the Freaks party at SDCC...

fhd999EWS_Tom_Cruise_015.jpg

Hoth Han and Luke will be a lot more forgiving for Sideshows paint apps as the primary sculpts are half hidden with headgear. They would have to be very bad for the figs to not be acceptable to most fans. They do have full reveals but if they are bad there is still the covered portrait to fall back on.

Hoth Han and Luke will be a lot more forgiving for Sideshows paint apps as the primary sculpts are half hidden with headgear. They would have to be very bad for the figs to not be acceptable to most fans. They do have full reveals but if they are bad there is still the covered portrait to fall back on.

Do you think the portraits are very realistic compared to Snake? I also think that will let them be more forgiving as well. They seem like a more stylized portrait from old school SS. The figure that might not be forgiven so much is Red 5 Luke Skywalker since it has more of a detailed portrait. Same with TOD Indy.

Awesome. Thanks! Could be wrong but Luke still look like the proto to me. Han looks like production though so maybe they both are. Looking good.

This was displayed at Toy Soul. Hard to say if it was prototype or production at this point. Would love a better pic.
Toy-Soul-2014-Sideshow-002.jpg

For me the human figures are ok. My concern now, is the Taun Taun head. The line where the head separates is so obvious. This wasn't shown in the Sideshow promo pics. And I'm already on my last payment. Darn.

Back