Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The coats on Han and Luke are not the same coats shown at SDCC (differences in stitching and paint) so either they make a few protos for various shows or they could be production figs.

Han looks like he's controlling a remote control air plane in that picture.

Han looks like he's controlling a remote control air plane in that picture.

Good catch.

But if you look at the close-up of Luke you can just make out the reflection in his eyes of the flying object he's pointing at...

Orvillecopter-flying-cat-helicopter.jpg

Presumably this forms part of Jedi training for cats?

[video=youtube;m6erUBMtV2g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=m6erUBMtV2g[/video]

If those are production, they look pretty great.

Does Sideshow make only one prototype figure for shows and photography, or do they make a couple?

If we can answer that, we'll know if these are production. These are not the same figs shown at SDCC.

I would guess they make only one (otherwise there'd be variation in the hand-painted heads show-to-show,) so I would guess these are indeed production figs.

Also, we know that Sideshow has had in-hand the production figure recently, though the ship date is still months away. I know SSC Vader DX shipped a month or so earlier than expected, so that might be the case here.

Mind blown that the SS Hoth figs look better than the HT ANH figs. Of course in hand is a completely different matter.

Overall I'm still excited for these guys but have been completely underwhelmed by HT's offerings so far. Did not expect that.

Back