Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lol

I could never even watch the "2 girls and a cup" video...

272.gif

tumblr_mntiolhySW1snpc3lo2_500.gif

Scatman Crothers is a National Treasure.

Anyways, some bad news from the new Star Wars Costumes book. And of course, this isn't the end all, be all, just passing info along to my fellow Freaks, in case no one else has.

Forgive the cell phone photo, and uh, I'm kinda a whore for +rep, so if you feel so inclined....

image1.jpg

I read that when the book came out (it's fantastic incidentally)but it doesn't really mean anything.

Last edited:
Yeah even if it's been proven many times over that the actual costume was brown, many of us would still rather have a color that is truest to what it actually looked like on screen (just like with the costume for any other figure). And the coat appears to be a dark blue too often to be easily dismissed, I'd say.

Scatman Crothers is a National Treasure.

Anyways, some bad news from the new Star Wars Costumes book. And of course, this isn't the end all, be all, just passing info along to my fellow Freaks, in case no one else has.

Forgive the cell phone photo, and uh, I'm kinda a whore for +rep, so if you feel so inclined....

image1.jpg

Yeah posted about that weeks ago. Along with the smoking gun proving what the blue parka enthusiasts have been saying all along:

"As a result of extensive postproduction color grading on Empire, the anorak (coat) appeared to be navy on screen." - Star Wars Costumes

I love that painting on his bedroom wall in 'The Shining' - I'm sure you know it well Wor-Gor. :lol

I find Wor-gar's enduring attachment to such a disturbing film unsettling.:lol

Shining-bear-dog-suit-stanley-kubrick-room-237-documentary-noscale-noscale.jpg

Says the guy sitting in the bedroom with him..

I know it's supposed to be scary and the costume has a great creep vibe, but it's quite funny when you've seen it a few times. The dude sits up in bed and isn't the least bit embarrassed to have been busted frolicking with a nude dude in a bear suit.:rotfl

Yeah even if it's been proven many times over that the actual costume was brown, many of us would still rather have a color that is truest to what it actually looked like on screen (just like with the costume for any other figure). And the coat appears to be a dark blue too often to be easily dismissed, I'd say.

I have to agree with said above.

I have the book as well. I got a kick out of huge pic of the brown coat on the facing page. Almost as thought they knew it would be controversial. haha. ;)

Also interesting was the pic of Fett's vest, showing the rivets and how the chest armor attached. I remember when the SSC Fett arrived people were unhappy about how the armor was attached, but now we find out that SSC more or less attached it the same way as in the film.

I captured a still of the "early production" Han from Budget Stark's video:

The prototype for comparison:

2134-captain-han-solo-hoth-003.jpg

Watched the video and the face looks okay, but I think I'll reserve my full opinion til I see more in-hand pics. I don't mind that the face paints overall look "flat", i.e. not too many color modulations on the face--I'd rather it be more plain than be a sloppy mess. And the eyes look okay.

What did bother me was the fit of the parka. I'm hoping some good old fashioned futzing will fix that.

Overall I'm cautiously optimistic.

Watched the video and the face looks okay, but I think I'll reserve my full opinion til I see more in-hand pics. I don't mind that the face paints overall look "flat", i.e. not too many color modulations on the face--I'd rather it be more plain than be a sloppy mess. And the eyes look okay.

What did bother me was the fit of the parka. I'm hoping some good old fashioned futzing will fix that.

Overall I'm cautiously optimistic.

Yeah, I did some slightly enhanced pics of the sculpt from that video but didn't post because there really isn't enough detail to really judge it at this point. It's a bummer nobody took any decent closer angles of the Han Hoth during Toy Soul - they were all either videos or wide photos.

Back