Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cancelled my HT ANH Han Solo and switched to this one. I don't think this is a perfect HF headsculpt, ihe looks almost ten years older that TESB, but it's recognizable.

Much better than HT's effort which is turning into Indy DX II.

Can't wait to see the calamity here when production pics show up!

Good or bad, this place will suffer a tremor in the force.

I cancelled my HT ANH Han Solo and switched to this one. I don't think this is a perfect HF headsculpt, ihe looks almost ten years older that TESB, but it's recognizable.

Much better than HT's effort which is turning into Indy DX II.
I'd wait and see what this looks like in hand before calling that. I'm still very nervous ordering it after Drake.
People may be unhappy with HT's sculpt, but you know what your gonna get in the box.

This is gonna be a make or break for SS.

SS Han is a "maybe sucks". HT Han already sucks.

Right now my only 1:6 Han is SS's Bespin Han with a custom headsculpt. I would hope somebody can get closer than that potatohead.

Right now my only 1:6 Han is SS's Bespin Han with a custom headsculpt. I would hope somebody can get closer than that potatohead.
Or the Hot Toys sculpt winds up turning out fine in hand and people will realize that all their panic was for nothing. Just like what happens with almost every figure from them that people are skeptical on. I don't think the Hot Toys sculpt is perfect but I have more faith in what they'll deliver than I do in Sideshow's final product.

Didn't that Sideshow guy already confirm that the Hoth Han on display recently was a production piece? Granted it was still on display, so they might have chosen one that looked the absolute best, but it was still pretty encouraging news, i thought.

That's just wrong and history is not on your side. HT HAN is a PROTO, and will more than likely change, (just like Bespin Luke did) it just needs a small tweak. SS doesn't have anything on their side, and their product will more than likely change for the worse. I'm sorry but you couldn't be more wrong. We're all hoping they both turn out for the better, but if you were in Vegas would you put your $ on HT or SS?

C'mon man!

Or the Hot Toys sculpt winds up turning out fine in hand and people will realize that all their panic was for nothing. Just like what happens with almost every figure from them that people are skeptical on. I don't think the Hot Toys sculpt is perfect but I have more faith in what they'll deliver than I do in Sideshow's final product.

This exactly what is going to happen.

This is gonna be a make or break for SS.
:exactly:

Last edited:
That's just wrong and history is not on your side. HT HAN is a PROTO, and will more than likely change, (just like Bespin Luke did) it just needs a small tweak. SS doesn't have anything on their side, and their product will more than likely change for the worse. I'm sorry but you couldn't be more wrong. We're all hoping they both turn out for the better, but if you were in Vegas would you put your $ on HT or SS?

C'mon man!

I bought a Golden Age Captain America when everyone was criticising the sculpt, I thought as you did and I'm glad I stuck with it. I picked up Christopher Reeve Superman when everyone was ripping on that sculpt, it's one of my favorites and looking at my shelf it looks like Reeve. You have to go with what your gut tells you. I'm feeling more confidence in the prototype Echo Base Han.

ANH Han is starting to remind me of a bullet I dodged a few years ago:

PrMzuQk.jpg

If I wind up being wrong I'll be doing some buying and selling later. Not the end of the world.

Church. Jason knows.

Luke does look pretty good in that closeup shot, but in most of the in-hand pics it doesn't look nearly as close to me.

The most baffling thing to me is that this should be his scarred-up, post-accident face, where his nose and mouth were kinda crooked and messed up. But there's no sign whatsoever of that in this sculpt. It's just way too idealized and symmetrical for some reason.

Your before pic is an "After" pic, taken when it was due to ship and on display at Toy Hunters. It was the pic that set of Rorywan's "soft sculpt" crusade.

No, it isn't. That headsculpt never made it into any collectors' hands. Whatever it was, it wasn't a production figure.

Back