Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More likely the strike at the docks which is pushing dates back on a number of figures.

I'm talking to a couple of scabs who might be able to help us out - cross the picket line, dig through the SSC container, pull out maybe a dozen Hans. It'll be $50 each extra, but we all used the coupon, so it's really only $30.

C'mon guys. You act like it's your first rodeo. Look at your shelves and I bet 70-80% of those figures were delayed.

Yeah, but it's R2 and Han Hoth. Hammy and Gammy delayed - if they were - was just fine.:lol

Finally broke down and ordered this thing. It's the only new SW figure so far (HT or SSC) that I've really been tempted to get, and the fact it's a new Trevor Grove Harrison Ford sculpt just makes it even harder to pass up (I gotta have the complete set after all! Lol).

And yeah, I got the blue coat version. I know the actual coat was brown, yadda yadda, but to me it appears much more blue in the movie-- not to mention a lot darker. As cool as the brown is, it just doesn't look nearly dark enough for my taste.

This Han sculpt isn't that great really. HT version looks better to me.

1262.gif

Glad you got that off your chest? I guess we won't see you again in this thread then? Unless your just trolling?

Haha just saying. I see people make comments like that all the time in other threads. Just one man's opinion. :)

I see an Indian guy in this sculpt, but not Han. Judging solely by the prototype photos, of course.

Last edited:
Both are slightly off, but to me the Hoth Han comes closer to capturing the general feel of Han in ESB than the other sculpt does to capturing the feel of Han in ANH.

Not to mention that the HT Han is so super-detailed that it almost feels off in a slightly odder and creepier way. I mean it's clearly a very realistic portrait of someone, I just can't quite pin down who that is.

The Hoth Han may not be as super realistic, but at least I won't be completely weirded out by it every time I look at it on my shelf. :p

Both are missing something about the eyes. The HT Han seems too old for ANH. And his face is too "perfect" maybe? Features always seemed kinda soft, but the HT sculpt is very precise.image.jpg

Hoth Han looks older in the face, more like ROTJ. But I see Ford - unlike the HT prototype.

People have a religious belief the HT figure will improve and at the same time the sideshow figure will get worse. Perhaps they are afraid of people reacting at saying something nice about sideshow.

I sense Sideshow is trying to take its game up a few notches with its 2015 line. I was very happy with the new Vader, lightyears above the stuff they were doing a few years ago.

Maybe I'm just speaking for myself but I think most people are more excited about the head sculpt with the cap than the exclusive portrait with hair.

I like the look with both the cap and the hood, but don't really care for the cap alone.

I'd be really curious to see what it looks like with the goggles lowered down, but can't find any pics where they posed him that way.

Back