Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If this was out for two weeks wouldn't there be a ton more of them "in stock" on Ebay?

I don't know any more than anyone else but I'll always put my money on the misery hags in this hobby. SOMEONE would have snapped a clear pic by now just to be the first to proclaim Sideshow's latest failure.

Normally I'd say that's 1000% true but perhaps no one wants to go down in the books as the schmuck who started the meltdown that destroyed the internet

If this was out for two weeks wouldn't there be a ton more of them "in stock" on Ebay?

I don't know any more than anyone else but I'll always put my money on the misery hags in this hobby. SOMEONE would have snapped a clear pic by now just to be the first to proclaim Sideshow's latest failure.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the ones on eBay were "off the trucK" items... seems that happens. But, also plausible that any Asian retailers who ordered from Hot Toys would not have been affected by the dock strike like Sideshow is so maybe they already have their orders, or are just now getting them filled.

I will add though.. Quite a number of Headplay (and others) sculpts are not knock offs. And some of them are as good as Hot Toys quality wise.
I see no reason why SS heads are as bad as they are. It's money, they are knocking these out of a really cheap manufacturer.

Some of the paint on these things is so sloppy, hasbro 4" quality. Grievous come to mind.

And that also speaks to a whole other idea entirely. I think there's a possible common fallacy of what goes into producing these things and how much of these progressive price hikes are truly justifiable.

Greed is unquantifiable.

True this is! And our addiction makes us the worst kind of enablers

These companies don't have to justify their prices, I have to. Because it's getting past any rational point. I can't help to think things like HT/SS could make a sizable profit by selling Ultron at $325, but they've become such a bunch of hasas that they have to squeeze another $50 per unit out of us

Who actually said that - Budget Stark? This thread is so full of conspiracy theory already - we don't need stuff like that said unless it's true and coonfirmed.

It just sounds really, really unlikely - given the SSC ESB Han proto looks more like HF than the HT ANH Han proto does, and the fact that the SSC ESB Han head is somewhat hidden in a hood and scarf anyway.

Here ya go.
I edited out the real name from the post.

d3e63f9a948a0aff165525a313c900c6.jpg

Let's see what those who said this will turn out better than HT think of the sculpt now. Never had faith in SS. They still have work to catch up on. Stick to bots and aliens.

Here ya go.

Secret Base are just afraid that the awesome nature of this figure will harm sales of their other figures.

:lecture :lol

It eventually dawned on me, looking at the pictures of the open box, that they only have the regular single sculpt edition.

There's a second chance (as well as a second scarf). :lol

Did Secret Base display Sideshow's Superman or Drake? Are they saying this is worse than them?

Is this all a fabrication?

What can we gather from the evolution from prototype to 'near-production' to production?

2134-captain-han-solo-hoth-003.jpg

15875232667_757e6dd1f8_o.png

attachment.php

Just looked at the tracking and mine's not coming today. I was really looking forward to seeing this mysterious piece! Guess it'll be early next week now.

Just looked at the tracking and mine's not coming today. I was really looking forward to seeing this mysterious piece! Guess it'll be early next week now.

Are you going to take pictures once it arrives? We're all dying to know what this thing looks like.

Did Secret Base display Sideshow's Superman or Drake? Are they saying this is worse than them?

Is this all a fabrication?

What can we gather from the evolution from prototype to 'near-production' to production?

These questions and many others will be answered in the next episode of the Hoth Han Solo Echo Base thread. :lol

Here ya go.

d3e63f9a948a0aff165525a313c900c6.jpg

I just think Budget Stark has a bit of an anti-Sideshow bias.

And someone said R2 looked like a toy when he was displayed there.

Oh wait - the real name was edited out...:slap:lol (who else could it be, right?)

It's just funny - the HT ANH Han proto honestly, truly, is struggling to generate even a faint whiff of Harrison Ford likeness and yet suddenly this Hoth Han is on the SB ignore list?:dunno

Oh wait - the real name was edited out...:slap:lol (who else could it be, right?)

It's just funny - the HT ANH Han proto honestly, truly, is struggling to generate even a faint whiff of Harrison Ford likeness and yet suddenly this Hoth Han is on the SB ignore list?:dunno

Wait - no one is saying the Hot Toys Ford sculpt is even remotely acceptable as a likeness. But that doesn't make THIS **** any better, and while the likeness won't be there for HT Ford the paint job will at least look good.

There is no conspiracy against Sideshow, Sideshow are just not very good at making figures.

Back