Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And therein lies the heart of the matter. The opinion Budget Stark posted was that of a Hot Toys employee, in a store that momaw just confirmed does not even display their own upcoming Han Solo.

Yes, but we cannot ignore what has happened in the past. There have been a series of poor releases now from SS, one of the big issues have been the eyes. A lot of collectors (me included) have been hoping that production methods have changed and this figure wouldn't have the same problems. To read that a HT shop employee mentioned the eyes specifically as being poor, is very disheartening to a lot of people.

Hey.. who knows we might all breath a sigh of relief when he finally shows up. I don't think anyone want this to be bad, well I certainly don't for one, i have it ordered too.

How is this suddenly "an American thing"? I never see one hint if anything that ever remotely implies that and I don't see a lot of "home team" affection for them. I don't follow the other products like busts, PF's, etc., so maybe I'm speaking semi-ignorantly. From a 1/6 perspective, I think they get a lot of s__t from every direction. Much if it is warranted, some of it is not. I'd say people are very much voting with their wallets. Just look at what's selling out on their site and what's lingering, exclusives and all. There are reasons for what's been apparently popular and unpopular.

They really fk'd themselves with the whole Drake situation. That has people triple thinking everything

By an American company. But look, I'm clearly wrong about this and there must be some other reason why people buy Sideshow products.

I think the reason is pretty clear. Lack of options. If you know where I can get a better high end 1/6 IG-88, Tusken, Snowie, Probot, Bossk, VADER, etc., then please lead the way. If it's produced by anyone outside of the Islamic State, I'm buying

I think the reason is pretty clear. Lack of options. If you know where I can get a better high end 1/6 IG-88, Tusken, Snowie, Probot, Bossk, VADER, etc., then please lead the way. If it's produced by anyone outside of the Islamic State, I'm buying

:exactly: and :rotfl

So i got criticised for saying Sideshow felt like a state enterprise, but one of the things which marks out state enterprises is that they don't have to try too hard because there's no competition. If there was a serious competitor to Sideshow they would have to improve or die. Also, all the figures you've mentioned are non-human, which Sideshow don't **** up too badly/ does quite well.

I wish people could discuss Sideshow's shortcomings without things getting ugly, the fact that they do made me wonder if people identified with the company on nationalistic grounds.

I would love this figure to be great, even though I'm not buying it, especially if it improved the chances of Hoth Luke - a figure I want - being great too.

No pictures, and a lot of weird bickering... how exciting :sleep

GCan someone wake me when there's a picture of Han outside of the box :lol

WAKE UP! :panic:

hqdefault.jpg

Back