Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it's like all their creativity and perfectionism goes into photographing and marketing the product, the product itself, not so much.

Imagine what folks will say once Hoth Han photos have actually been posted anywhere, or the other two figures you mentioned are actually, uhh, released. I see two issues at Sideshow right now. Design for manufacturing and quality control. The first one is what's responsible for the complaining right now. The shipping products are coming out as designed and specified, not due to quality control issues. For whatever reason(s), Sideshow feels that how they're producing figures is they way they should be doing it. If you don't agree, the best thing you can do is tell them how you feel, whether or not you actually spend any money with them.

To this outsider, it looks like they're trying to integrate some mass-produced toy assembly-line techniques to a hobby that's heavily geared to hand-made objets d'art. They need a strong message from customers to let them know we want our dollies with single piece cast heads and fully painted - by hand. Maybe it's time for an acquisition or tighter partnership. With .... fill in the blank.

Last edited:
Imagine what folks will say once Hoth Han photos have actually been posted anywhere, or the other two figures you mentioned are actually, uhh, released. I see two issues at Sideshow right now. Design for manufacturing and quality control. The first one is what's responsible for the complaining right now. The shipping products are coming out as designed and specified, not due to quality control issues. For whatever reason(s), Sideshow feels that how they're producing figures is they way they should be doing it. If you don't agree, the best thing you can do is tell them how you feel, whether or not you actually spend any money with them.

Thanks for that.

Some great posts here, especially Lu's. I just wish they'd get out of the 1/6 business and leave it to people who can produce quality work. For whatever reason, they just can't improve fast enough to keep up with the improvements in the hobby as a whole. Things like that Luke/ Tie Pilot video annoy me... it's like all their creativity and perfectionism goes into photographing and marketing the product, the product itself, not so much.
I don't think Sideshow should get out of 1/6th completely. They produce good products for their alien/creature, robot, and masked figures. It's human head sculpts they seem to struggle with. Unless the Hoth figures turn out good they should set more realistic expectations with their prototypes as they get people excited and deliver subpar products such as Drake or Snake.

I don't think Sideshow should get out of 1/6th completely. They produce good products for their alien/creature, robot, and masked figures. It's human head sculpts they seem to struggle with. Unless the Hoth figures turn out good they should set more realistic expectations with their prototypes as they get people excited and deliver subpar products such as Drake or Snake.

Maybe they should market their figures as Mego style, or some kind of retro offering? This sort of thing has done well recently.

Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell!Then I'll see you in hell!Then I'll see you in hell!Then I'll see you in hell!Then I'll see you in hell!Then I'll see you in hell!Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell!Then I'll see you in hell!Then I'll see you in hell!Then I'll see you in hell!Then I'll see you in hell!Then I'll see you in hell!Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell!Then I'll see you in hell!Then I'll see you in hell!Then I'll see you in hell!Then I'll see you in hell!Then I'll see you in hell!Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell!Then I'll see you in hell!Then I'll see you in hell!Then I'll see you in hell!Then I'll see you in hell!Then I'll see you in hell!Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell!Then I'll see you in hell!Then I'll see you in hell!Then I'll see you in hell!Then I'll see you in hell!Then I'll see you in hell!Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell!

It's the worst Frogger nightmare ever.

Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell!Then I'll see you in hell!Then I'll see you in hell!Then I'll see you in hell!Then I'll see you in hell!Then I'll see you in hell!Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell!Then I'll see you in hell!Then I'll see you in hell!Then I'll see you in hell!Then I'll see you in hell!Then I'll see you in hell!Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell!Then I'll see you in hell!Then I'll see you in hell!Then I'll see you in hell!Then I'll see you in hell!Then I'll see you in hell!Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell!Then I'll see you in hell!Then I'll see you in hell!Then I'll see you in hell!Then I'll see you in hell!Then I'll see you in hell!Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell!Then I'll see you in hell!Then I'll see you in hell!Then I'll see you in hell!Then I'll see you in hell!Then I'll see you in hell!Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell! Then I'll see you in hell!

It's the worst Frogger nightmare ever.

They're the same. Crazy.

Back