Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I assume that embargo is based upon previous figures being previewed by unskilled futzters. Thereby causing panic and dread at the bad sculpts.

Publication embargos are usually set to coincide with product milestones like sale, official release, public availability, etc. and to make sure one media outlet doesn't necessarily have, or to make sure one or more do have, advantage. Anyway, it's just one simple and believable explanation - *IF* reviewers even have these in hand, which itself is totally unknown. But such reviewers do generally get a sample before some random person off the street can walk into a store to buy a copy. Which again makes me wonder about that one eBay seller and the "available for a week in HK" comment.

I think it's more a lack of faith issue than a price issue when you see both Lukes and Han exclusives still lingering.

Except EX Hoth Luke has been waitlisted for months and if there weren't two different EX Hoth Han's he probably would have been too.

My Occam's razor cheat-sheet tells me the reason we don't have pictures is because there aren't many people with this in hand. And referring back to that same cheat sheet, I think it's more likely because it's not being sold rather than only not being bought.

"been available for a week" in HK is something I've seen passed around a bit. Well, I'm not in Hong Kong to check the stores myself, but so far I'm not inclined to believe that this guy is sitting there on the shelf waiting for people to walk in and buy him. I call BS on that. If reviewers have these in hand, they're not saying and not showing because Sideshow has told them not to (publication embargo for instance).

On eBay there is exactly ONE seller who claims to have it in hand and ready to ship. But still "this item has an extended handling time and a delivery estimate greater than 10 business days."

So we wait.

And don't forget that one guy who says it's on sale is also the one who said the Hong Kong release of Hot Toys Stormtrooper was in much smaller numbers than other Hot Toys releases because Star Wars doesn't sell in Hong Kong. If that's true then it's not surprising there are no local Hong Kong pictures floating around.

Back