Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's up with the base? Does the snowy portion only slide over the side or front of the black base? It would obviously look best behind, but with the post there that doesn't look possible...

Going off the new pictures I think I'll keep this. It's not perfect but I like it pretty well overall. The extra head without the headgear looks better and even the pictures with the goggles down look okay. Hopefully Luke turns out as good. I wish the base had a snow covering rather than being black as the diorama piece would look better if that were the case.

So that little mannequin stand for the 2nd head doesn't come with the brown coat?

I actually think it looks pretty good. I also think the blue coat looks better than the brown -- yes, I said it. I think the fur around the hat should be thicker. Gloves look a bit oversized. That radio thing is my favorite part.

So that little mannequin stand for the 2nd head doesn't come with the brown coat?

I actually think it looks pretty good. I also think the blue coat looks better than the brown -- yes, I said it. I think the fur around the hat should be thicker. Gloves look a bit oversized. That radio thing is my favorite part.

It doesn't come with either. They often use it in pics to prop up a second sculpt but never heard of anyone getting one.

Their brown coat "package shot" doesn't have the second headsculpt in it at all.

I just have to go with what it looked like on screen. We only found out a few years ago it was brown before TESB was color graded.

I'm in the blue club.

Figure seems okay, this is not a $200 figure, maybe if you got the Exclusive with the unhatted head, it would up the value some.

Realistically, it doesn't make sense for SSC to say "Let's take the most universally unpopular aspect of Hot Toys' figures, separate eyeballs, and add them to our figures."

I would wager that SSC was brainstorming with their factory on ways to make the figures better and the factory communicated that it would be easier to paint the eyes if they were a separate piece, and this was the result. So, they sculpted up a bunch of heads with separate eyes, so at this point, it's their only option. I would imagine now, at this point, they've gone back to one piece heads, and we won't see the result of that until maybe this SDCC or next. Even if they went back to doing one piece heads today, we won't see the fruition of that for at least a year or so.

Honestly the main thing that bothers me from proto to production is the fur-lined hood change. From sourcing real rabbit fur to Phil Spector hair!? Everyone warned that the head might have issues but this I was not prepared for.

Honestly the main thing that bothers me from proto to production is the fur-lined hood change. From sourcing real rabbit fur to Phil Spector hair!? Everyone warned that the head might have issues but this I was not prepared for.

Shouldn't be too painful a mod. Might even look into this one myself. Just need some good fur and someone who can sew.

Shouldn't be too painful a mod. Might even look into this one myself. Just need some good fur and someone who can sew.
Yeah the original looks so luscious and soft. Like the lower hanging belt on the proto too. New jacket looks a little bulkier as well.

Back