Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2134_press07.jpg

There's a weird Martin Freeman look to him here. That aside, I do think a lot of people are going to be happy with him, on a shelf, blaster out, goggles and scarf covering most of his face. It's just that for $200 you expect more.

The hatless head... ugh, that hair! It looks like what it is, a big old lump of plastic. Not nearly enough detail in it, and a real throwback to Sideshow hair of old.

I had to laugh at Rory's indecision about whether to get this and kit bash a Bespin Han... once you think of an idea like that it's hard to shake it off, and it would look cool at first sight, but I wouldn't do it with a Sideshow head as the centrepiece. Eventually there will be a Hot Toys Bespin Han and surely they have to get the HF likeness right sometime.

I had to laugh at Rory's indecision about whether to get this and kit bash a Bespin Han...
:lol
No. I have a Bespin Han already using the Medi head.

I want to bash a Hoth Han. That's even funnier when you think about it after paying $200+ for a Hoth Han.

I think this set, parts of HT Bespin Luke + HT Solo head will make a great figure.. weathered.
It's just crazy time and cost though.

Last edited:
From sourcing real rabbit fur

I didn't think for a second that would ever happen on a production piece. It's just a logistic, international and cultural nightmare to go with real animal fur. They should never have used it on the prototype to help temper expectations and they could have used more/better material on the production piece.

Not horrible, but a mediorce effort by SSC. Really wanted to love this as I love ESB & Hoth. But this still looks like a toy to me, not a high end collectible. And with the seam on the Taun Taun, looks like I'll pass on all of these. I know HT Han Proto is not spot on, but it looks very realistic to me, and maybe (?) they'll make the right tweaks on it. IMO This SSC Han could never sit next to my HT Bespin Luke and not look like a failure.

We haven't seen the unhelmeted sculpt yet. Those Sideshow pics are photoshopped. Fingers crossed, but is see no reason why it would be any better.

Are you saying these photos are a digital creation?

21342_press07.jpg

21341_press01.jpg

You can see it was taken at a low angle, with shadows, to minimize the bug eye effect, but I highly doubt that these photos were digitally manipulated to make it look better.

It's just funny to me that now that SSC is taking photos of the final product, people are still haranguing them about it. You folks will just never be happy. It's no wonder SSC doesn't give these complainers any credence. They'll never stop.

I didn't think for a second that would ever happen on a production piece. It's just a logistic, international and cultural nightmare to go with real animal fur. They should never have used it on the prototype to help temper expectations and they could have used more/better material on the production piece.

UU Enterbay Jack Sparrow says you are wrong. Has a rabbit fur element, every shop in HK has 1$ rabbit fur toy animals. Little cats, horses etc.

Rabbit fur is as cheap as chips in HK, no different than using "real" leather in the Hot Toys T800 jacket.
And it's from farmed rabbits, no different than using any other leather product.

What kind of leather do you think Hot Toys uses? Crocodile?

:lol

Last edited:
An Asian owned company isn't as likely to make decisions based on what vegans might say as Sideshow, a US company based in California

Why did Sideshow go to "real" eyes again? It doesn't make much sense considering the eyes don't move.

Back