Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Who needs the infinite wisdom of Ganesh when you can have the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly with Nicole Kidman and Tom Cruise staring at me with THOSE DEAD EYES?!"

ULvtYDT.png

Moving these up for those (like myself) who are just joining this tonight...thanks as awlays to paramoremcr88 for this early "in-hand" look....

Here's a few to go on with ;)

Those "right outta the box" ones are pretty jarring to say the least. Gotta agree with folks about those eyes. The sculpt is so good! It's like they just bored a couple holes in it and stuck the marbles in there. Ouch....probably doesn't look quite so intense once in hand (hopefully) as it does with these extreme close-ups.

But then we break into that ole' para-magic with that last set....and he's looking pretty good here. Outfit looks futzable, jacket inside is a cool touch (now we're sure it's a jacket and not just a vest? It's got sleeves too, right?) I also wish the gloves and shin guards had been handled a bit differently (one-piece gloves, wraps for shins) but I'm hoping the paint on them looks good enough to pull them away from that overly plastic look.

I really want to see this on the tauntaun...and like everyone else, I'm very anxious to see that other portrait. Here's hoping the eyes aren't too Stepford-y looking there too...

Thanks again to para for this early look and if he wants to post more pics, well...they'll be appreciated, that's for sure!

Based on the few, early pics, it does seem like it could have been a lot worse. But damn, it would be nice if SSC could work these kinks out and figure out a way to better replicate their prototypes. Even if the paint isn't up to snuff, the head and facial dimensions should be closer than this IMO.

New photos are up on the blog with the goggles down. Also a good picture of the snow base. I used the link in the product page near the bottom. Eyes are definitely bigger on the hooded head, I'd like to see a better shot of the extra head, they don't look as bad there. I wonder of the headgear is squeezing his head a bit.

New photos are up on the blog with the goggles down. Also a good picture of the snow base. I used the link in the product page near the bottom. Eyes are definitely bigger on the hooded head, I'd like to see a better shot of the extra head, they don't look as bad there. I wonder of the headgear is squeezing his head a bit.

Star Wars fans, we’re proud to bring you an update showing the final production of our Han Solo Sixth Scale Figures. Whether you fall in the brown coat or blue coat camp when it comes to his mission on Hoth, we’ve got you covered! Check him out:

21342_press02-900x600.jpg

21342_press01.jpg

21342_press03.jpg

21342_press04.jpg

21342_press05.jpg

21342_press06.jpg

21342_press07.jpg

21342_press08.jpg

Yeah, the extra head looks pretty good... maybe there is some squish happening to the helmeted head. But at the same time, small images with dramatic lighting so it's a bit hard to say.

At least he's not a Drake, but there is still room for Sideshow to improve.

Han has the same typical deer-in-headlights expression as every SS human sculpt.

Yeah, the extra head looks pretty good... maybe there is some squish happening to the helmeted head. But at the same time, small images with dramatic lighting so it's a bit hard to say.

At least he's not a Drake, but there is still room for Sideshow to improve.

The extra head does look good.

The eyes also don't look as big or as glassy on the regular head in these staged shots, and I think that shows how much better it will look once on display.

Not even the goggles hide the crazy eyes.

It doesn't look too bad to me here, which is about life size for the figure:

21342_press03.jpg

Back