Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wow, this figure is looking better and better, Para! You're really doing the Lord's work by posting so many photos for those of us anxious over how this figure turned out.

Forgive me for saying this, but I think the lighting in your first few photos looked like it was hiding the headsculpt's shortcomings or were subject to some lens distortion, but I see nothing wrong with the figure here (other than the super fuzzy hood lining).

Thanks again and keep them coming! :clap

How is this even vaguely acceptable? If Sideshow were making figures for House of Wax or Carry on Screaming then fair enough, but the glass eye thing gives an unpleasantly stylised effect to something that is meant to be realistic. And while I could be wrong, the lower eyelid here looks like it was cut out by someone with somewhat shaky hands.

Serious suggestion - they should make them more stylised and find a niche for these as 'mannequin style figures' and sell them as such - find a space in the market alongside Tonner - people would still buy them for kit bashing with proper high-end 1/6 figures and some people might like them for what they are, but then HT could get the licence proper and sucky-Han sculpt aside, we could have the best of both worlds.

The commentary in this thread had already jumped the shark, now I see we're going to be setting up flaming hoops in addition. :rotfl Maybe it's just the wrong kind of waterskis.

jump-the-shark.jpg

Just got han this morn, wasn't able to go to the depot over the weekend, they wouldnt let me as it was already on the van :/.

I'll echo jason's impressions, in hand it is a great figure, tailoring isn't bad either. Eyes while looking a little wide they are not sell the figure bad IMO. the paint apps are quite nice too.

The peak on his hat is slightly warped thanks to the factory not pushing him in properly, but letting the clamshell push him down. Its not major and nothing a little heat won't fix.

Similar to snake his elbows where backwards so just be careful, simple swivel and its back to normal.

The fur is and it isn't ****e, i will own up to that now while it doesn't need to be removed i think it needs some more adding to it. Im sure you all got that from earlier pics though

Overall im happy with it, i haven't had his accessory's or base out yet so can't comment on those.

Back