Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gong to echo everyone's comments here, great photos. Really looking forward to this release. First detolf shot with the scanner is awesome. Still thinking the brown looks sharp. May have to grab one parted out if the blue doesn't look as good.

Love them Mark, third one is my favourite!
Cheers jason had to raise the base to do that didn't look right any other way

Great photos, Stealth! Makes it look great! And thanks for your impressions of the figure too.

Gong to echo everyone's comments here, great photos. Really looking forward to this release. First detolf shot with the scanner is awesome. Still thinking the brown looks sharp. May have to grab one parted out if the blue doesn't look as good.

Cheers guys, glad you all like the shots and more importantly the figure :duff

Love this one.
11004603_950419531636328_3097912261092918652_o.jpg

Another thing .... It's all in the posing and lighting... With him looking down at is scanner .... You can tell it's Harrison Ford

More pics !!! loving this more and more with each repose

11004603_950419531636328_3097912261092918652_o.jpg

10991578_950419544969660_3084686340350845567_o.jpg

10506756_950419634969651_684781824745772077_o.jpg

10996446_950419518302996_8848835047419511120_o.jpg
Fantastic pics Mark (as I would expect!). Great pose, and very good futzing too. They do demonstrate how good this looks when you can't see the eye area. The overhead Detolf lighting really does create some great shadow from the visor? Really captures Ford. I would say if you were to base your opinions just on your photos, it's the first 1/6th sculpt to really capture Ford. :rock. From the eyes down. I think your eyes look a lot better than Jason's as well though, how much variation are we going to see in these? Which is a concern for the rest of us.

Last edited:
Is he shipping? I got the first 5 - 7 week notice, but nothing since...

No. Port issue has just been settled supposedly but there will still be a delay in sideshow getting this figure due to the port backlog. Hopefully in the next couple weeks. These first two were eBay purchases I believe.

Have to agree, those are some fantastic shots. Really makes me feel much better about my purchase. Especially since I'll likely have him displayed under the same kind of lighting.

And add some snow effect and it'll look even cooler.

Fantastic pics Mark (as I would expect!). Great pose, and very good futzing too. They do demonstrate how good this looks when you can't see the eye area. The overhead Detolf lighting really does create some great shadow from the visor? Really captures Ford. I would say if you were to base your opinions just on your photos, it's the first 1/6th sculpt to really capture Ford. :rock. From the eyes down. I think your eyes look a lot better than Jason's as well though, how much variation are we going to see in these? Which is a concern for the rest of us.

Cheers Rory much appreciated. While the eyes are not its strongest point im happy with them even in daylight shots, but as you say most displays will be under detolfs lights and the visors helps. The sculpt is definitely one of the best i've seen of ford from a mass production standpoint, the side profile is uncanny. im interested to see how much variation is the eyes there are two, i noticed mine are slightly facing upwards which helps as was pointed out to me.

i was quite surprised how natural the figure is to be honest, besides me futzing with the belt height/fur and scarf a lot of it is stock, even just stood upright it looks rather cool. I can't wait to see how luke turned out, i have kidult letting me know once he drops in HK.

Have to agree, those are some fantastic shots. Really makes me feel much better about my purchase. Especially since I'll likely have him displayed under the same kind of lighting.

And add some snow effect and it'll look even cooler.

That is my next plan adding snow. I was originally going to use crushed polystyrene, but that didn't work out as planned as my flat ended up looking more like hoth than anything lol

Shoot, I think he's looking pretty damn sweet!! Thank you for the pics, Stealth!

Yes, the bottom half of sculpt/face along with some great futzing of the hood/coat really lift this. Looking forward to seeing the blue coat finally.

Cheers Rory much appreciated. While the eyes are not its strongest point im happy with them even in daylight shots, but as you say most displays will be under detolfs lights and the visors helps. The sculpt is definitely one of the best i've seen of ford from a mass production standpoint, the side profile is uncanny. im interested to see how much variation is the eyes there are two, i noticed mine are slightly facing upwards which helps as was pointed out to me.

i was quite surprised how natural the figure is to be honest, besides me futzing with the belt height/fur and scarf a lot of it is stock, even just stood upright it looks rather cool. I can't wait to see how luke turned out, i have kidult letting me know once he drops in HK.

That is my next plan adding snow. I was originally going to use crushed polystyrene, but that didn't work out as planned as my flat ended up looking more like hoth than anything lol

:lol

What's the scale like on this Mark, compared to the Hot Toys figures? I'm wondering about parts switching (boots, belt materials etc even heads).

Yes, the bottom half of sculpt/face along with some great futzing of the hood/coat really lift this. Looking forward to seeing the blue coat finally.

:lol

What's the scale like on this Mark, compared to the Hot Toys figures? I'm wondering about parts switching (boots, belt materials etc even heads).

I think he's slightly underscaled as ford is taller than hamill if im not mistaken. I don't see why Belts or boots etc wouldnt work hell, heads would prob be fine too though wouldn't know untill tried.

Here he is his next to bespin luke

DSC_2883.jpg

Nice shot, Stealth. They both look great, there. Nice weathering on Luke!

Have to say, your pics have really elevated the figure. I'm not a fan of SSC's new sculpting technique but it seems like a minor quibble now with how well Han displays. Really nice futzing, posing and photos.

Nice shot, Stealth. They both look great, there. Nice weathering on Luke!

Have to say, your pics have really elevated the figure. I'm not a fan of SSC's new sculpting technique but it seems like a minor quibble now with how well Han displays. Really nice futzing, posing and photos.

I appreciate that :duff i try to get them as natural as i can. Glad you like luke too , was my first attempt at weathering, bought a second outfit to do it on and ended up liking it so the stock BD outfit is back in the box.

Back