Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also just found out that "Rebels" takes place only 5 years before ANH… So the rebellion only started 5 years before ANH? :slap WTF were folks doing for the previous 15 or so years, just loving it?

I also just found out that "Rebels" takes place only 5 years before ANH… So the rebellion only started 5 years before ANH? :slap WTF were folks doing for the previous 15 or so years, just loving it?

So I'm deliberating… I've not read a single bit of leaked info about the new movie. Should I? I did it with TPM from 97 until release and was extremely disappointed in the film, but I'm pretty confident it wasn't because of the leaks. ;)

So far I've read this: https://www.latino-review.com/news/exclusive-star-wars-episode-viis-villains-revealed and their bit about Stormtroopers - and it all sounds like complete garbage. Hopefully it's all wrong, because it's very uninspired dreck.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...ode-VII-(12-18-15)-Discussion-Thread/page1141

To be fair, the Rebellion in Episode IV *does* seem new, having won "their first victory". And the Senate has only just been dissolved.

My main fear is it'll be a love-in over the original characters. I'd rather they move forward with the next generation and just have Ford et al in the background.

My biggest fear is they try to make Star Wars 'cool' like the Turtles reboot and lose themselvers in fancy gimmicks instead of story and character development.

Every classic 1/6 scale Sideshow human character says, "I have a bad feeling about this" just before they're taken away for eye surgery.

If you guys had to pick one, between HT Han and SS Hoth Han, which would you choose? I'm torn between the two and only want one Han Solo in my collection. Any advice? I am leaning towards the hot toys version because I've always loved his smuggler look. I know there's a mixed consensus about the head sculpts though.

Have the same dilemma myself. My shelf is a little crowded and I can only have 1 figure per character. Good thing I like ESB more than ANH and the SS Hoth Han hs is better than HT's.

Lol jedijim I do have both pre ordered atm

Idk... The more I look at them, the more I think ht looks like Han. Maybe I'm overanalyzing haha. I need updated shots of both to decide.

But that smuggler look... He pretty much wears it in all 3 movies. Hoth outfit is for 15-20 minutes...

Gotta go with HT Han. You're getting more value for your money there, despite the questionable likeness. If SSC had HT level paint apps, clothing, etc. I would go with the Hoth version though.

If you guys had to pick one, between HT Han and SS Hoth Han, which would you choose? I'm torn between the two and only want one Han Solo in my collection. Any advice? I am leaning towards the hot toys version because I've always loved his smuggler look. I know there's a mixed consensus about the head sculpts though.

That's a tough one. HAN SOLO with a bad nose job or NOT SOLO..

This is what I see when I see Hoth Han:
Jennifer-Grey_nariz-nosejob_www.antesydespues.com.ar.jpg

There is a likeness there but something is clearly amiss.

Not sure I'm getting any of them, but I might get HT Han for the body and accessories and pray that someone somewhere makes a worthy sculpt later on.

Gotta go with HT Han. You're getting more value for your money there, despite the questionable likeness. If SSC had HT level paint apps, clothing, etc. I would go with the Hoth version though.

Idk... I saw pics yesterday from a rebel scum gallery that threw me back on the hoth train.....

Rebelscum Star Wars Photo Archive

There's hoth Luke pics in there too. So good.

Fudge it. I'll prob go down for both fml

I was planning to get SS Hoth Han to pair with HT Chewie (then also buy a probe droid) but I remembered SS heads are too big compared to HT's so displaying them together might not be a good idea.

Back