1/6 Sideshow Mythos Obi Wan 1/6 Desert Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’d like to have this after seeing some of the in hand pics but I just can’t get past the $260 price tag right now. Can’t wrap my mind around a Sideshow figure being worth that.

View attachment 434112
Reminds me of this concept art I found for their Ash figure. The guy mocked up two great themed bases and Sideshow went with the ol' octagon. For the priced they charged for that piece it just seems like highway robbery.

:mad:

I almost bought that figure when it was available, but I thought it was too pricey at the time. It would've been an instant purchase from me if it included one of those bases.

I’d like to have this after seeing some of the in hand pics but I just can’t get past the $260 price tag right now. Can’t wrap my mind around a Sideshow figure being worth that.

I think it might've been worth the asking price if it included an additional sculpt and a nice diorama base, but I think those days are long behind us...

Hoping for a review video with good lighting soon to get a better idea. Worst comes to worst I guess I can buy all the loose parts and put it on HT ROTS Kenobi body if I want lol

I agree. I felt kind of guilty ordering it...

I definitely don’t fault anybody for thinking it’s worth it. You like whatcha like and if you’re willing to pay for it and enjoy it I think that’s great. I just can’t keep from comparing loaded out HT figures offered at the same price point with Sideshow’s.

:mad:

I almost bought that figure when it was available, but I thought it was too pricey at the time. It would've been an instant purchase from me if it included one of those bases.

I think it might've been worth the asking price if it included an additional sculpt and a nice diorama base, but I think those days are long behind us...

An extra sculpt and a nice base goes a long way for value.

an extra sculpt and base would have made this an easy purchase and preorder for me. I also wish he came with an ignited saber and a separate non lit hilt.

Here's some of the gear he comes with (including the saber):

muyhos obi gear.jpg

....and here's the pack with it's gear:

mythos obi gear2.jpg

Last edited:
For anyone that has this in hand, can you post a pic of the full figure in normal lighting or a detolf? Are the boots the darker brown shown in the new SS photos or the Ep3 paint from the proto?

Wonder how much the backpack will be parted out. If the head sculpt and whatnot end up being really meh on these, I'll probably just try to get some parts to put on an E3 obi. Though he has his chipmunk face issue at the moment @_@

Its the fact that they do nothing with them most of the time that bothers me. Hell, even if they just screen printed something on top and maybe added the character name it would be a bit better. The black hexagons just come off so cheap as they are and like they put no thought into them.
Maybe you can find one of the sand bases that came with the Sith Probe Droids 1/6

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I like these stands. Simple, basic, don't take up a lot of space on display, focus is on the figure. Now having said that, I do like it when they include something a bit extra like those snow wedges that were included with Luke and Han Hoth figures a while back (seen here with the AT-AT Driver)...

AT-AT-DRIVER-022.jpg

A sand/rock wedge would've gone a long way to a really "deluxe" presentation for this "Mythos" Kenobi.

Now there's a thought, Sideshow! How about some environmental-themed attachments fopr these hexi stands , sold in a set? Rocks, snow sand, gravel, forest...could be a cool way to allow collectors to enhance what they already have?

I dunno. Like the Hot Toys Star Wars bases for instance are fairly simplistic too, but they still somewhat stand out. I don’t mind them re-using the same bases (a lot of the Original Trilogy characters have either the floor grates or regular flooring from the Death Star) as they at least look nice and add a bit of presence to the shelf. The only ones I can think of off-hand with more specialty bases are the deluxe ROTJ Fett, TESB Vader, and if you count it Palpatine’s throne. There also are the Sandtrooper and Snowtrooper with the sand and snow bases respectively.

Sideshow’s black hexagons feel like something they use with the majority of their sixth scale figures. They aren’t unique at all. It’s like they’re just like: grab one of those from the pile and call it good.

It would be one thing if they were a cheaper alternative, but the fact that their figures are as much or more in some cases and bare bones I think a unique base is about the least they could do.

Sideshow oftentimes to me feels like the worst of the sixth scale manufacturers. They seem to put in minimal effort and cut corners wherever possible, but still they’ve got the name value so they can price their stuff high. No matter how crappy the sculpt or bare bones the figure.

I like these stands. Simple, basic, don't take up a lot of space on display, focus is on the figure. Now having said that, I do like it when they include something a bit extra like those snow wedges that were included with Luke and Han Hoth figures a while back (seen here with the AT-AT Driver)...

View attachment 434217

A sand/rock wedge would've gone a long way to a really "deluxe" presentation for this "Mythos" Kenobi.

Now there's a thought, Sideshow! How about some environmental-themed attachments fopr these hexi stands , sold in a set? Rocks, snow sand, gravel, forest...could be a cool way to allow collectors to enhance what they already have?

The wedges are a good idea. However, the biggest problem is that they're too darned small. My punisher can't stand on his base in any position other than straight legged. Sideshow should take the Hottoys approach, huge narrow-ish bases.

I really like the octagonal base for X-Wing Luke, with the metal decking pattern printed onto it. It's really simple but looks nice on display. Shame they couldn't put that minimal effort into all of them.

I really like the octagonal base for X-Wing Luke, with the metal decking pattern printed onto it. It's really simple but looks nice on display. Shame they couldn't put that minimal effort into all of them.
That is a nice one. It at least feels like they put some effort into making it fit with the figure, while remaining fairly simple. I’ve never been a fan of those detachable environment pieces like Jedibear was referring to personally. They always look a bit awkward to me and I’d prefer they just be sculpted onto the base rather than a separate piece. Plus it looks kinda weird having the environment pieces and then a black plastic base. They could at least screen print the base to match the environment.

Yes... The hex with something on them like the X - Wing Luke or Jango ones were really good. And yes, considering the steep price on these SSC figures now, a little more effort on the stands would go a long way in taking the sting out. Coco ' s stands are always awesome.

Back