1/6 Sideshow Mythos Obi Wan 1/6 Desert Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
46498113_2035996123129535_7511807975757971456_n.jpg 46483020_2035996283129519_5267005308043001856_n.jpg 46482183_2035996383129509_5725718398055219200_n.jpg 46485415_334302267354752_5502557094265487360_n.jpg

These pics come from a guy on Facebook located in HK. He says overall it's a good figure, doesn't suffer from loose joints like a lot of Sideshow figures.

View attachment 433941 View attachment 433942 View attachment 433940 View attachment 433943

These pics come from a guy on Facebook located in HK. He says overall it's a good figure, doesn't suffer from loose joints like a lot of Sideshow figures.
Not the greatest pictures, so it's a bit hard to see, but it is looking better than it did on Sideshow's website imho. I liked the more auburn look of his hair in the proto, which seems to have been lost. The beard seam is also incredibly noticeable. I bet customizers are going to have a field day with this one. I look forward to all the repaints

they're curved in the films.

The rifle stock one, yes. I meant the regular gaffi stick. After looking it up, most props seen in the film were straight. Only one shot seems to have a slight curve, most likely a warped prop rather than curved on purpose. Most prop replicas are straight. And Sideshows previous 1/6 Tusken Raider & PF statue both have pretty much straight sticks.

Either way, from those pics it's the least of this figures problems.

The Tusken Raider is a figure they should remake. Not something HT may ever get around too, or at least for a long time.

The rifle stock one, yes. I meant the regular gaffi stick. After looking it up, most props seen in the film were straight. Only one shot seems to have a slight curve, most likely a warped prop rather than curved on purpose. Most prop replicas are straight. And Sideshows previous 1/6 Tusken Raider & PF statue both have pretty much straight sticks.

Either way, from those pics it's the least of this figures problems.

The Tusken Raider is a figure they should remake. Not something HT may ever get around too, or at least for a long time.

That seems a bit nit picky

Those shots look like the figure and accessories were just yanked out of the box and the photos were hastily shot. While the first out of the gate enthusiasm is appreciated, let's see what some subsequent properly futzed ones can show us later....

Those shots look like the figure and accessories were just yanked out of the box and the photos were hastily shot. While the first out of the gate enthusiasm is appreciated, let's see what some subsequent properly futzed ones can show us later....

This actually happens all the time in this hobby... It's almost like an unwritten rule.

The first person to receive a figure or statue will always take the most awful, blurry pictures imaginable and post them for everyone to see. This is followed by everyone on the forums freaking out and crying that the piece has been ruined and that they will cancel their order and never order from said company again.

Then someone will come along and post better pictures, everyone will breathe a sigh of relief and declare that it's actually not that bad, and everything returns to normal. Until the cycle begins again, that is.

This actually happens all the time in this hobby... It's almost like an unwritten rule.

The first person to receive a figure or statue will always take the most awful, blurry pictures imaginable and post them for everyone to see. This is followed by everyone on the forums freaking out and crying that the piece has been ruined and that they will cancel their order and never order from said company again.

Then someone will come along and post better pictures, everyone will breathe a sigh of relief and declare that it's actually not that bad, and everything returns to normal. Until the cycle begins again, that is.

Haha, thanks for the amusing comment. I actually chuckled at that.

Well.. on one hand, the robes aren't piss yellow like the production photos. So that's good. On the other hand, that neck and the paint apps :|

You know, I didn't take the updated official pics as an accurate representation, simply because it looked like it had a bad color filter effect. Glad that turned out to be the case.

But as for the rest of the figure? Oh my... That wasn't quite the quality I was expecting... Confidence in this release... quickly... fading...

Still, Medusoid makes a fair point. Only a little over a week till I see for myself anyway...

You know, I didn't take the updated official pics as an accurate representation, simply because it looked like it had a bad color filter effect. Glad that turned out to be the case.

But as for the rest of the figure? Oh my... That wasn't quite the quality I was expecting... Confidence in this release... quickly... fading...

Still, Medusoid makes a fair point. Only a little over a week till I see for myself anyway...

The thing I love about this figure is that it represents a part of Obi-Wan's life that we haven't explored much of. It's an artistic rendering of two actors, and I'm ok with that. I just think the price tag is offensive. Sideshow figures should cost $200 shipped. Granted, this comes with a lot of extras, but they still don't justify $270 in my mind. A diorama base should have been included.

i do not understand how sideshow comes to their price points, these figures cannot compare to Hottoys and there are a lot more companies surpassing sideshow in quality, even their packaging the few sideshow figs i do have the plastic trays are always cracked and just cheap and do not protect fig and accessories well.. lastly there always happens to be visbile seem lines on almost all sideshow figures, its laziness pure laziness, i dont believe the issue ot be that they do not have the skill set i believe its just laziness, ive seen e web cannons that were amazoingly weathered and others that were garbage that looked like $20 toy accessories this must be as they get further down th eline with pieces that are done byhand opossed to machine paints, also they use decals for eyes on a lot of figs giving them a blank stare.

atleast hottots figs eyes are very realistic that it can make the blank stare much more tolerable. $270!!!???? what is going on here, for just $40 more you can get emperor with throne which will blow your hair back when you see the quality and presentation when displayed. I just dont get it anymore, and the delays,, all companies have delays but sideshow is the worst... their jedi luke??? the new jabba?? c'mon this is getting old.

Back