1/6 Sideshow Mythos Obi Wan 1/6 Desert Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BE19E307-FCEC-4FCB-AE76-E2BB9A74650F.jpeg
From Facebook

Cancelled my pre-order to get ESB Boba. Not saying I regret my decision but if this sells out before I can get my hands on it I will probably beat myself up over it.

I honestly don't see this figure selling out any time soon. The quality took a huge dip and even compared to other SS figures seems pretty eh so far. Will await a video before my final judgement lol The piss stained robes and paint apps changed way too much from the proto IMO

Can't tell, is the one on the left HT or SS? Seeing Mythos Obi next to ROTS SS sadly shows how little Sideshow's quality has improved over the years compared to HT lol

Are the robes as yellow in person as they look in that pic?

If you can’t even tell that the one on the left is Hot Toys, which it is, how can you then make your second statement on Sideshow’s minimal improvement? (It’s also not the SS ROTS head there — pretty sure it’s a custom.)

I think you need to wait for some higher quality photos/comparisons to properly critique the figure. We get that you’re disappointed with the production quality but bad photos aren’t evidence of a bad figure. And we’ve mostly seen quick pics so far.

If you can’t even tell that the one on the left is Hot Toys, which it is, how can you then make your second statement on Sideshow’s minimal improvement? (It’s also not the SS ROTS head there — pretty sure it’s a custom.)

I think you need to wait for some higher quality photos/comparisons to properly critique the figure. We get that you’re disappointed with the production quality but bad photos aren’t evidence of a bad figure. And we’ve mostly seen quick pics so far.

I think Neb is just trying to justify his decision to pass on this figure. oh well. Looks pretty good. The price is still pretty offensive though

I think Neb is just trying to justify his decision to pass on this figure. oh well. Looks pretty good. The price is still pretty offensive though

Quite the opposite. If anything, I'd love reasons to justify buying the figure. But so far honestly everything I see makes it look worse. I mean, can you really look at the figure and say it's even close to the quality of the prototype? I don't know how anyone that pre-ordered this (myself included) can be satisfied with what was actually delivered for $260 which is more than a number of Hot Toys figures that are well above it in quality.

Trust me I am really hoping someone posts some good pics or a review video that suddenly makes this figure look amazing. It's been my most anticipated figure since it was announced. I think it's perfectly fair that some of us who were expecting at least something close to the proto after Sideshow Maul and Snowspeeder Luke were pretty alright. But the changes made basically last minute (as far as we knew, the proto figure was shown at SDCC same one as last year) and the last minute changes from the great photos on SS to the new ****** pics doesn't feel good. And I think it's fair for us to be upset about that. Especially considering NRDs made on this figure for pre-order.. I'm just saying I don't see how you can look at the current figure and not be disappointed in what you got for what you paid, especially when the previous photos were misleading.

Quite the opposite. If anything, I'd love reasons to justify buying the figure. But so far honestly everything I see makes it look worse. I mean, can you really look at the figure and say it's even close to the quality of the prototype? I don't know how anyone that pre-ordered this (myself included) can be satisfied with what was actually delivered for $260 which is more than a number of Hot Toys figures that are well above it in quality.

Trust me I am really hoping someone posts some good pics or a review video that suddenly makes this figure look amazing. It's been my most anticipated figure since it was announced. I think it's perfectly fair that some of us who were expecting at least something close to the proto after Sideshow Maul and Snowspeeder Luke were pretty alright. But the changes made basically last minute (as far as we knew, the proto figure was shown at SDCC same one as last year) and the last minute changes from the great photos on SS to the new ****** pics doesn't feel good. And I think it's fair for us to be upset about that. Especially considering NRDs made on this figure for pre-order.. I'm just saying I don't see how you can look at the current figure and not be disappointed in what you got for what you paid, especially when the previous photos were misleading.

It does come with a lot of stuff, but I agree in that the price tag is pretty horrible. But if you look a page or two back, it looked pretty nice with the Hot Toys Ben Kenobi and Sideshow custom.

I feel as though the only difference from final product to prototype is weathering on the clothing/armor and the paint apps on the face. Neither of which look that bad to me though. As far as the piss yellow tunic goes, I'm kinda indifferent. Wouldn't that happen to clothing that has been baked in the sun for a long time?

At the end of the day, these are toys. We should stop looking to Sideshow for realism. I hope they start pricing their figures to be more competitive with Hot Toys. Luke definitely is!

Yeah, I was mentioning a few weeks ago how the figure's features seem a bit Asian. Wasn't sure if that was an intentional nod to the character's Asian origins or accidental..

Perhaps he's just squinting in the sun.

Not everyone with narrow eyes is Asian.

Back