1/6 Sideshow Mythos Obi Wan 1/6 Desert Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ea760bb9b98ce225cd844d9f726bf72a.png

With today's PO of the Mythos Boba, I wanted to bump this Mythos Kenobi back into the current chatter...hope it's on display at SDCC - would love to see some updated shots...

I appreciated the video - had a good, lingering look over the PO images. Thanks for posting.

Like I said above, I'm very sold on this. You might want to stick this video in the Boba Mythos thread...

Mythos Obi is gonna have some cool posing options for sure. You can put him with a variety of characters for a display. Jawas, Maul, Vader, R2, Anakin, Tuskens, etc. Would be super cool with some custom aliens too as if he's just walking through the crowd on Tat laying low.

Gonna have mine all majestic and **** I think lol

Having never ordered a SSC 1/6 scale figure before, all this talk about the SSC Maul vs the HT Maul is making me admittedly a little bit less enthusiastic about SSC's Obi-Wan...

Will we need to replace his stock body? Are his joints not going to be flexible? Will the head be incompatible with a stock body, let alone kitbashing him with an Ep III HT Obi-Wan? Basically, are SSC's bodies really that bad?

Having never ordered a SSC 1/6 scale figure before, all this talk about the SSC Maul vs the HT Maul is making me admittedly a little bit less enthusiastic about SSC's Obi-Wan...

Will we need to replace his stock body? Are his joints not going to be flexible? Will the head be incompatible with a stock body, let alone kitbashing him with an Ep III HT Obi-Wan? Basically, are SSC's bodies really that bad?

I'd like to know too. Hopefully somebody more experienced can clue us in. This'll be my first Sideshow figure. Help us noobs out oh wise ones.

Will we need to replace his stock body?

Unlikely

Are his joints not going to be flexible?

No.

Will the head be incompatible with a stock body, let alone kitbashing him with an Ep III HT Obi-Wan?

No

Basically, are SSC's bodies really that bad?

No.

The most notable difference between the two companies is that SSC's heads are not as good. It is likely that the head will show a loss of detail in sculpt and paint and/or might be slightly distorted. Often what happens is that the paint detail in the hair and beard, highlights and shadows, which typically has multiple layers in it, is lost, making it look 'cheap'.

Ah, well I can live with that! I knew going in that the attention to detail in the paint department was agreed upon as lacking, so that's not a big loss. Thank you, enthusiasm recharged! :D

Things are pretty exagerrated around here. In most cases HT figures are better than their SSC counterparts, but that doesnt mean that SSC figures are bad by any means. Every once in a while they’ll produce a dud, but at the same time we can get some gems from them. Luke Snowspeeder pilot, later clones, Darth Maul are examples of their better stuff. Best thing to do is get one in hand and judge for yourself before deciding on body swaps and such!

Things are pretty exagerrated around here. In most cases HT figures are better than their SSC counterparts, but that doesnt mean that SSC figures are bad by any means. Every once in a while they’ll produce a dud, but at the same time we can get some gems from them. Luke Snowspeeder pilot, later clones, Darth Maul are examples of their better stuff. Best thing to do is get one in hand and judge for yourself before deciding on body swaps and such!

Agree. All the new bounty hunters are great as well. So are most of their troopers. And they are the only ones doing niche characters.

Agree. All the new bounty hunters are great as well. So are most of their troopers. And they are the only ones doing niche characters.

Definitely! And their niche characters are usually pretty well done, hammerhead comes right to mind here.

Back