Sideshow PF Jack Sparrow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow PF Jack Sparrow In Progress

There certainly is alot of disagreement on the likeness issue! It's amazing how people view things differently! I come down on the side of the likeness not being quite right. It is sooo close though! Perhaps I am more frugal with my money than most, but if I am going to pay hundreds of dollars for this, it needs to be a 9/10 or 10/10 in likeness. This one isn't to me. I will wait for the next one. I am very happy for those that love it and ordered it, I'm sure you will have it proudly displayed. Let's all try to get along and just agree to disagree!

We're all getting along. It's just some friendly debate, and worth it in the end if it sparks some tweaks to improve it. All I'm saying is it's just as close to the dude on the left as the dude on the right. But like you were getting at, "It has the feel of the character," isn't good enough for me when it comes to $300+.

rjh69z.jpg

Last edited:

I totally agree with wafford. everyone has been bashing me for daring to say that it dosnt resemble johnny enough - i think at a glance when u see it with the hair and the bandana and the outfit etc people see Jack Sparrow however when u actually look at the face its just not johnny depp at all. but i say all those poeple that wanna drop a load of money on this with it looking how it does then aha fine! do it! however - it still dont look nothing like him. Savvy?

It's all in the way you word it and there's a world a difference between your wording and Woffords. After all, I too am in the "its not perfect camp" and I think alot of other people agree with that sentiment. The difference being they see it as being good enough.

We're all getting along. It's just some friendly debate, and worth it in the end if it sparks some tweaks to improve it. All I'm saying is it's just as close to the dude on the left as the dude on the right. But like you were getting at, "It has the feel of the character," isn't good enough for me when it comes to $300+.

rjh69z.jpg

wow the pf looks just the the guy on the left.you can see whats all wrong its the chine.depps chin is narrow and the pfs is way to square if they fix that, that will make a huge differance

Is that pic on the right from the film? Because it doesn't look like Johnny either.

Interesting that even Depp doesn't look like Depp all the time.

a neon sign of the bada bing strip club logo from the sopranos.

Interesting. I have a piece of art of the rat pack with that in the background. I never realized it was from the Sopranos. How odd the artisit decided to put that in there...

For me it doesn't look like Johnny Depp... it looks like Jack Sparrow. And I will be happy to display it right next to Blackbeard.

For me it doesn't look like Johnny Depp... it looks like Jack Sparrow. And I will be happy to display it right next to Blackbeard.

What does that even mean? I've never understood that viewpoint. Depp is Sparrow, Sparrow is Depp. They are one in the same. Does it mean as long as the costume is the same it doesn't matter?

I've ordered this but i agree the likeness is not 100%. I also think the best likeness to date is the Hot Toys cannibal portrait. Amazing likeness. SS should hire that sculptor. Have to say I'm amazed that Trevor Grove was not employed on this one.

What does that even mean? I've never understood that viewpoint. Depp is Sparrow, Sparrow is Depp. They are one in the same. Does it mean as long as the costume is the same it doesn't matter?

It means I don't care if the face is 100% Johnny. The total figure is a representation of the character Jack Sparrow and that is what I want. I am sure Blackbeard didn't look like the PF but it represents that "Character" to me.

It means I don't care if the face is 100% Johnny. The total figure is a representation of the character Jack Sparrow and that is what I want.

Gotcha. I always see people saying it and have never asked. I still don't get it personally, because for me the actor is the character in these situations, but that's just important for my opinion.

I agree. This PF should be of JD not his standin or stunt double.

Thats why I like this hobby. 10 people can look at the same thing and have 10 different opinions and there is nothing wrong with that. But in the end buy what you like and who cares what anyone else thinks.

Back