Sideshow PF Jack Sparrow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow PF Jack Sparrow In Progress

I agree. I got the Exc (for $5 more what the heck) but the regular is just fine and if you can save some money by getting it from another dealer then I say go for it.

Agreed. :lecture

I'll end up displaying the compass or the gold coin mostly and maybe the pistol once in awhile.

I want to pick up a PoTC movie poster to go along with the PF. :D

Holly hell...is this thread still going about his likness? Give it a rest folks its not gonna change...plus its pretty dam close. Man some people are relentless. I would understand if this thread went on for weeks because SS accidently made him a black guy. But gezzz...
You wanna know how to get 100% likness on this piece....print out a picture of depps face and tape it to the front of this statues head. Problem solved...

Chris

It's not a poster encompassing the entirity of a film, but I personally really like this image of Captain Jack.

pirates3poster2.jpg

great insights guys, all good points. I'm on the waitlist for the Ex. so if it converts than great, I'll always have the option to display him with the gun if not then, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. I LOVE this piece and fully plan to get either one. I hope the lantern glows a soft orange glow, just like the ride!

Yeah I like that poster. I have my Medicom Sparrow posed similarly.

It's not a poster encompassing the entirity of a film, but I personally really like this image of Captain Jack.

pirates3poster2.jpg

That's a COOL poster! :rock

great insights guys, all good points. I'm on the waitlist for the Ex. so if it converts than great, I'll always have the option to display him with the gun if not then, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. I LOVE this piece and fully plan to get either one. I hope the lantern glows a soft orange glow, just like the ride!

If I didn't get the EX I would have been happy with the reg. :D

I was thinking the same thing about the lantern! PoTC was ALWAYS a must ride for me whenever I went to Disneyland...

*sigh* Meeeeeeemorrrries!

I like the EX hand with the gun.

I'd really like a head with a hat or a tribal painted head from the second one, and I hope those will come later.

hey folks, i'm kinda on the fence with this one.

on the plus side:
- i really loved the character of jack sparrow. brilliant comedic creation by depp.
- the base is absolutely spectacular. easily one of the best pf bases ever.
- the costume looks spot-on, and this character is perfect for the pf treatment, with the flowing sashes and billowy sleeves necessitating the use of fabric instead of sculpted polystone.

on the minus side:
- i hated the 2 POTC sequels. terrible, overblown films. and sparrow was wasted in them. so that kinda dampens my enthusiasm for the character (just a wee bit).
- to me, the sparrow portrait is merely passable. i think much more so than the johnny depp likeness issue, is the expression on his face. it doesn't really capture the essence and attitude of the character.
- the pose is also a little too static for sparrow but i can live with it.
- budget... i'm torn between getting this and the iron man mark VI maquette (which seems to have its own set of pros & cons). unfortunately, i'm forcing myself to choose between the 2 for budgetary reasons. i can afford both but i'd rather put the money to better use, like saving for a nice wristwatch. or changing the sports rims on my car.

i know this is the disney forum, so opinions would be a little biased, but i'd like your 2cents', folks--- which should i get: jack sparrow pf or iron man mark VI maquette?

My waitlist for the Ex. just converted, but I'm going to go ahead and cancel. It's just so much cheaper for me to buy the regular from an online dealer like Alter Ego. The pistol hand is cool, but not $75 cool.

My waitlist for the Ex. just converted, but I'm going to go ahead and cancel. It's just so much cheaper for me to buy the regular from an online dealer like Alter Ego. The pistol hand is cool, but not $75 cool.

how is the exclusive gun hand $75 more.the exclusive was only $5 more then the reg at sideshow.

At Sideshow the price difference is minimal, but, by the time some people pay taxes, or shipping, plus cheaper prices elsewhere, the difference can be significant.

Holly hell...is this thread still going about his likness? Give it a rest folks its not gonna change...plus its pretty dam close. Man some people are relentless. I would understand if this thread went on for weeks because SS accidently made him a black guy. But gezzz...
You wanna know how to get 100% likness on this piece....print out a picture of depps face and tape it to the front of this statues head. Problem solved...

Chris

Actually, no one has mentioned the likeness for a few days.

on the plus side:
- i really loved the character of jack sparrow. brilliant comedic creation by depp.
- the costume looks spot-on, and this character is perfect for the pf treatment, with the flowing sashes and billowy sleeves necessitating the use of fabric instead of sculpted polystone.

on the minus side:
- i hated the 2 POTC sequels. terrible, overblown films. and sparrow was wasted in them. so that kinda dampens my enthusiasm for the character (just a wee bit).
- to me, the sparrow portrait is merely passable. i think much more so than the johnny depp likeness issue, is the expression on his face. it doesn't really capture the essence and attitude of the character.
- budget... i'm torn between getting this and the iron man mark VI maquette (which seems to have its own set of pros & cons). unfortunately, i'm forcing myself to choose between the 2 for budgetary reasons. i can afford both but i'd rather put the money to better use, like saving for a nice wristwatch. or changing the sports rims on my car.

i know this is the disney forum, so opinions would be a little biased, but i'd like your 2cents', folks--- which should i get: jack sparrow pf or iron man mark VI maquette?

I would go with Sparrow, but I'm bias as hell. :lol

on the plus side:

on the minus side:

This is my advice to you. Chances are they will make a decent amount of both which means there will be a decent amount of cancellations. Unfortunately SS has not had the best track records with Iron Man statues in general so I would wait until they ship and get some word of mouth before jumping into a $500 statue.

I like both characters a lot as well and though I have Sparrow on PO I'm not certain I will keep him due to some of the reasons you stated above. Also, there is no telling that sometime down the line they may revisit him especially if it sells well and do a different PF. That is my 2 cents good luck with your decision.

Tough call between Iron Man and Sparrow. I don't envy you that decision so I'm afraid I can't be of too much help. Good luck with it.

I would go with Sparrow, but I'm bias as hell. :lol

This is my advice to you. Chances are they will make a decent amount of both which means there will be a decent amount of cancellations. Unfortunately SS has not had the best track records with Iron Man statues in general so I would wait until they ship and get some word of mouth before jumping into a $500 statue.

I like both characters a lot as well and though I have Sparrow on PO I'm not certain I will keep him due to some of the reasons you stated above. Also, there is no telling that sometime down the line they may revisit him especially if it sells well and do a different PF. That is my 2 cents good luck with your decision.

Tough call between Iron Man and Sparrow. I don't envy you that decision so I'm afraid I can't be of too much help. Good luck with it.

thanks for the feedback, guys (and gal)! appreciate it. i agree about ss iron man products having a history of problems, so that's the main reason for my restraint. otherwise, the maquette is just too kicka$$ to resist. and i also have a funny feeling ss will have other pf versions of sparrow in the future.

guess the best thing is to take the wait-and-see approach. though i really HATE waiting for collectibles that i really want! :(

Yeah the waiting is the hardest part.

Yeah the waiting is the hardest part.

Agreed. At least give us more time to put the money together. Fortunately for me I used my points and took 120 bucks off the original price making it only $205...

Cheers

Saving up money sucks as much as the waiting. But yeah, its better than having to pass.

Back